Anyone else playing it? I'm about 60% through it now with 35 hours (according to the game stats). Plays well, cars handle similar to Test Drive Unlimited.
I have a few issues with the game:
1) The recreation of Los Angeles is pretty weak. First of all they only included the basin and not the valley or even south bay. The boundaries are the 101, the PCH, the 5 and the 10. Why the hell did it take so long to get the game released if that's all they were going to include? The scope is incredibly weak compared to Test Drive Unlimited. Second of all, the parts of LA they DID include are barely true to life. They took quite a few liberties with the streets and layout. Very few of the actual stores/buildings look correct, and most of the streets aren't particularly similar to reality.
2) The selection of cars in the game is limited -- again, why did this game take so long to get released? I've been waiting for it since they announced it about 18 months ago. There's maybe 40 cars, with many of those being "DUB" editions of the same cars.
3) The game has some serious texture loading issues. Sometimes I'm driving around on a cloud because the ground textures don't load. Sometimes the wheels disappear off my car leaving tires with no rims.
4) Somebody should've told Rockstar to listen to the old 80's song "Nobody Walks in LA" because they have an excessive amount of pedestrians walking the streets for no other reason then to distract your eyes with them dodging out of the way. And you can tell it's from the same people who made Grand Theft Auto since the character designs and voices are identical.
What I like about the game:
1) The controls are good. I don't have any issues with car handling or illusion of speed. The pointers that point you through the courses are easy to see and aim for (much better than Burnout Paradise).
2) The graphics are decent, nothing extraordinary but nothing horrible either.
3) The soundtrack is great. It even has my ringtone in the game! (DJ Felli Fel's "Get Buck in Here") Hah I actually thought my phone was ringing when I heard it. Never expected it to be in a game. But it's a mix between hip-hop and house/minimal electro.
4) It's my favorite city inside of a video game and they made a respectable effort, but nowhere near what I expected.
I haven't played online yet so I don't know how that aspect of it plays.
Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10
For reference I'd give these scores to these similar games:
Test Drive Unlimited: 9/10
Burnout Paradise: 7/10
Need For Speed Most Wanted: 8/10
Need For Speed Carbon: 7/10
There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.