Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midnight Club: Los Angeles

I did hear somewhere else that they said the "red" level races were exceptionally difficult, and I will admit that I never bothered racing them (except the freeway ones). There's a bunch of events that don't NEED to be beaten in order to get to 100% and as far as I can tell exist only to 1) give you more money/rep; 2) train your racing skills.

I am a pretty good racer, the best amongst my friends, so I can see where someone with less skill would get upset at the difficulty of the game since I know I had trouble with a few sections, but I still wouldn't rank it as a "difficult" game.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Week of 12/21 MC:LA is going to be $37.99 for 360/PS3 at BestBuy.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

I got this game for x-mas. I'm trading it in. I didn't like it at all. My main gripe is not having controller configuration capabilities. I hate using the joystick to drive. I want to be able to use the D-pad, but that isn't even an option.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

I wouldn't want to trade in the analog precision of the stick for the digital response of the pad when driving in a game designed for the analog stick.

I understand what you're saying but I've trained myself to use the system since it's standard on pretty much every 360 driving game. I used to hate using the trigger as acceleration (preferred a front button) but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Same with the analog stick.

Once you realize that's how it's going to be across the board it's easier to adapt yourself to the system and enjoy the games than to try and adapt the games to you.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    I got this game for x-mas. I'm trading it in. I didn't like it at all. My main gripe is not having controller configuration capabilities. I hate using the joystick to drive. I want to be able to use the D-pad, but that isn't even an option.
    D-pad to drive in the year 2009? Lol, get used to the time man. I changed over with GT3. At first it sucks, but once you get used it, it is much better. There is a lot more control.

This game is pretty cool. I got it for X-mas but just started to play it. The graphics are nice, the gameplay is not bad, and I like the little cutscenes. So far my only complaint are the extremely long races (some go for 5+ mins.) This isnt bad for circuit type races in a typical racing game, but when you are dodging traffic it can suck to get owned right at the end. Also the bumper cam seems a bit too low, I wish they had a hood cam without going into the cockpit. Otherwise I will probably beat it over time. I really enjoy it.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

I don't like the stick. I have far better control capabilities with the D-pad. If they don't want to give gamers the ability to set the controls in a manner they like to use, then I simply won't purchase their games.

GRID was perfect for giving me the controller features I want. I'm not going to learn 50 different pad configurations for each game. I want to set the pad to how I like it. If they want my business they will cater to me, not the other way around.
    Prince of the OC Crusaders

Intel i7 3.2GHz @ 4.24GHz
    Cooler Master V8
    Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3-1600 (quad channel)
    HIS R9 290X @1050MHz
    Asus 20x DVD-RW DL DVD-RW

Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    I don't like the stick. I have far better control capabilities with the D-pad. If they don't want to give gamers the ability to set the controls in a manner they like to use, then I simply won't purchase their games.

GRID was perfect for giving me the controller features I want. I'm not going to learn 50 different pad configurations for each game. I want to set the pad to how I like it. If they want my business they will cater to me, not the other way around.
    You are just limiting yourself. You are missing some good games if you won't learn the control scheme. Giving D-pad control is kind of a special case these days, ALL racing games use the stick now. It has an "infinite" range of motion instead of just on-off full lock, no lock turning. Seriously if you just give it a chance within 1-2 hours you will never go back.

So what cars did you primarily use Mr. D? I started off with the integra and then used that Camaro for awhile (fast but always felt like I was on the edge of losing control.) I'm thinking of getting the RX-8. Was the new Mustang any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    So what cars did you primarily use Mr. D? I started off with the integra and then used that Camaro for awhile (fast but always felt like I was on the edge of losing control.) I'm thinking of getting the RX-8. Was the new Mustang any good?
    I used mainly tuners and exotics. I almost never use American/"muscle" cars in games because they tend to handle like crap, lol.

I can't remember what I started with, it wasn't the integra. I used the RX-8 quite a bit near the beginning I think (don't you win it from somebody?) but the main cars I used were the Evo and the Murcielago, both of which you can win I think.

I I think I actually beat the guy with the Murcielago pretty early (he's downtown, right?) and so the game became quite a bit easier once I had that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDigital View Post
    I used mainly tuners and exotics. I almost never use American/"muscle" cars in games because they tend to handle like crap, lol.

I can't remember what I started with, it wasn't the integra. I used the RX-8 quite a bit near the beginning I think (don't you win it from somebody?) but the main cars I used were the Evo and the Murcielago, both of which you can win I think.

I I think I actually beat the guy with the Murcielago pretty early (he's downtown, right?) and so the game became quite a bit easier once I had that.
    Okay, I seem to be stuck in a wierd position. I have the integra that is super slow and the camero which has very bad handling but it feels awesome when I win with it. I also won this datsun 240z but it is super slow too. I don't want to buy a car, so I guess I just need to race some of the medium/easy races to get the game to advance me to the point of winning the RX8.

MC:LA SOUTH CENTRAL DLC comes out March 12th.
    http://kotaku.com/5162892/midnight-c...entral-trailer

Has a free version which just adds the map and a $10 premium version which adds some new cars and other crap. I'll grab the $10 version myself. Haven't played MC:LA in awhile, gonna take some time to get back into the driving method.
    The free South Central upgrade for Midnight Club: Los Angeles includes four new neighborhoods, increasing the game's total map size by a third.

For $10 on the Playstation Network, or 800 points on Xbox Live, you can download the premium upgrade which includes the map expansion plus new vehicles, parts, music, vinyls, hydraulics and more.
    Sweet.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    The trend of the mid night club is increasing day by day.
    And it is really important to note that this ratio is higher in the los angeles.

Sushi
    Will probably try to write my own review as I lay hands on a copy. Economy's tight now, anyways.