Corsair Flash Survivor USB

Sharky Forums

Thread: Corsair Flash Survivor USB

Threaded View

Thumbs up Corsair Flash Survivor USB

So I picked up one of these off Amazon for $40. I just got the 8GB version. Let me just say: It's awesome. I actually heard about them from someone here, although I don't remember who.

I've been looking for a good USB storage solution for a while. Most of them are either way to cheaply made, or way to expensive. I wanted something rugged that I could throw in a bag, crush, drop, etc. I'd looked into the IronKey, which does come with its fancy-pants hardware encryption, but I just wanted it because it looked like it had solid build that would crack if I dropped it.

It was hard to tell from the pictures if it was actually solid, or just some cheap thin aluminum shell. I can tell you that it definitely is extremely solid. Very impressed. The rubber parts actually come off, but the construction is superb and solid. I'll definitely be picking up a 32GB model.

Haven't had a good chance to test the speed yet, so I'll be sure to update that as I use it.

They are selling on Amazon right now for $40/8GB, $65/16GB, and $110/32GB. Definitely worth the price consider that SanDisk sells cheap plastic garbage for near the same price in those capacities.
    Last edited by ImaNihilist; 10-27-2008 at 08:26 PM.