Holly Poop! anyone see this thing from logitech! G13 pad

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holly Poop! anyone see this thing from logitech! G13 pad

Holly Poop! anyone see this thing from logitech! G13 pad

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga.../5123&cl=us,en

Being a major fan of the Nostromo N52. this logitech version looks awesome and it might fixe some complains I have with the N52.

- seems slicker looking and more sexy
    - more buttons
    - LCD display
    - looks more comfortable
    - back lit
    - ON BOARD MEMORY saves your profile so u don't have to install any softwware on other PCs to use your setting. (I love this aspect of the G9 mouse)
    -

at $79.99 MSRP it seems expensive but since it's logitech I know it is quality stuff with good support/warranty.
    and knowing Logitech there will be some great rebates to make the price go down.

I frequently get their mouse/keyboard/webcams like half off msrp with rebates (they are very good for that) and discounts.

having nothing but postitive expereince with previous shlongitech products I would probably get this when it comes out. rebate or not.

(hehe I can probably get the rebate $ later down the line even if I bought it prior to it heheh. and I might be able to talk them into sending me a "free" one too after my purchase)
    Last edited by rimmerchant; 12-16-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Doesnt look as comfortable as the n52 to me, if the space key, or whatever key you program it to for your thumb is near that analog stick, i cant see it as comfortable, on the n52 the upper part of your palm is higher (a lot more than the g13 pad from what i can see) which lets your thumb rest in a normal position, put your hand in the air with the top of your hand facing up, let all muscles relax, does your thumb place itself in a near flat state with your other fingers? Well unless you have alien hands, no it shouldnt and thats what the G13 looks to be doing to me <_<

G15 keyboard
    N52 pad
    Saitek cyborg mouse
    Saitek X52 pro flight stick & throttle

Is what im planning to buy in the near future for my next setup, already have the n52 and the G15 keyboard has all that LCD **** too.

-20$

and -50$ if you dont mind the whole no backlit keys
    Last edited by BuggyLoop; 12-16-2008 at 06:03 PM.

one thing I find that kinda annoys me about the N42 is the keys are alitle bit stiff

and that orange "shift" key is so hard to press in.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

i'm content with my g15 and bilateral CTS. The wolf keyboard always looked intriguing though.

http://www.xoxide.com/wolfking-xxtreme-keyboard.html
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I really want to go to a best buy and compare them, but they don't have the dang things on display.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    What's wrong with a regular keyboard? I just bought a new Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard.. can't get better then that.

I mean, if you were playing online that thing would be terrible.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy part deux View Post
    What's wrong with a regular keyboard? I just bought a new Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard.. can't get better then that.

I mean, if you were playing online that thing would be terrible.

Did you notice a decrease in performance when you used it? I'm curious to know how well it works online.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

things like the wolf keyboard and the N52 and logitec g13..

those are specialized keyboards.

being a hardcore and twitch FPS player. I find that the key layouts of these things is better than a regular keyboard. being that you have quicker access to more buttons than a regular keyboard.

in a FPS environment every split second counts.

I think those are gear for fps gamers. and to a lesser extent RTS gamers.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Did you notice a decrease in performance when you used it? I'm curious to know how well it works online.
    Not sure what you mean. I never played it online yet.. I don't actually play America's Army at the moment, haven't in months and that's the only game I would play on line.

But I had excellent performance with my previous Microsoft Natural split keyboard. I think my MS 4000 is the new generation of MS keyboards. I press a button and excel comes up, I press another and word comes up.

Love the way it feels. Cheap too, it was $25 off at Staples. Paid $45 for it.

I knocked a cup of coffee on my old MS Natural and it shorted out on me.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Oh now I think I know what you are referring to, you were being sarcastic. I said that other thing would be terrible online..

What I meant was... what if you had to type in chat to another player or the team. (I don't use team speak or ventrillo)
    Last edited by Freddy part deux; 12-16-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Generally, your gamepad is next to your keyboard, not a replacement, want to chat? Well switch to keyboard, its not like if you take the time to chat that you lost a lot of time from moving your hands 5 inch or so next to where it would be on the keyboard.

I played wow with the n52, making different profiles for different classes is neat too, could switch from my hunter setup to rogue with the click of a button

Sleeps with the Fishes
    I always try to match my shooters as close as possible to my American Army binds so that I don't screw up too much. I like run to be alt, crouch to be c, alternate fire to be g, prone to be x, drop weapon to be backspace etc.

I've always been interested in trying out one of them special gamer boards. This actually looks quite cool and well placed keys. Might give it a shot.

I use nothing but the G-keys on my G15 when playing an RTS, I could definitely see the benefit of this. Is that thumb stick analog?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I use nothing but the G-keys on my G15 when playing an RTS, I could definitely see the benefit of this. Is that thumb stick analog?
    thats interesting...

I can imagine using that for walking. like in console fps/games where the further/harder u push the stick the faster/slower the character walks.

not sure if PC games support that since I've always used wasd for walking (digitally)