Holly Poop! anyone see this thing from logitech! G13 pad - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holly Poop! anyone see this thing from logitech! G13 pad

In the similar vein, i just bought a Razer Lachesis mouse on an impulse buy today, it was 35$ off and only 1 left @ my futureshop, i had already read up on it and knew a bit about other razer mouses, the Death adder was more expensive with that lachesis price drop and its a bit older tech, apparently more comfortable than the lachesis but that also depends on who you ask, gamers who maneuver their mouse with the tip of their fingers rather than the palm will prefer the lachesis, palm users prefer the more comfy death adder.

Anyway, im a finger tip kind of guy and i must say, best freaking mouse i've ever played with. I had a microsoft laser mouse 8000 bluetooth for a while but it just wasnt cutting it for gaming, nothing more frustrating than wireless lag or even shut down or battery going down during an online game, so it was back to wire for me and i spotted the razer.

http://www.razerzone.com/p-66-razer-...ing-mouse.aspx

# 4000dpi Razer Precision 3G Laser™ sensor
    # 32KB Razer Synapse™ onboard memory
    # Nine independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
    # 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
    # On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment
    # Variable true dpi setting adjustments in increments of 125dpi
    # Always-On™ mode
    # Ultra-large non-slip buttons
    # 16-bit ultra-wide data path
    # 60-100 inches per second
    # Ambidextrous design
    # Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
    # Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
    # Gold-plated USB connector

I heard peoples say that there's no difference when you go over 1800dpi..... sorry but after messing with the settings, which i must say this mouse probably has the BEST drivers, **** logitech and their mess, there's a huge difference between 1800 and 4000dpi, its almost even too much, it'll take me time to get used to.

9 programmable buttons, from single key to macros, to general commands like cut/copy/paste/print/save, open explorer, go to desktop, zoom in zoom out, swap window, close window, and media player functions including volume.

You can mess with the X or Y axis sensitivity, meaning you can make turning around ultra fast but looking up or down a tad less, etc, havent messed with that yet.

Also got a razer destroctor pad with that baby.

OMG SMOOOOOTH

I use that same mouse, BuggyLoop! I love it. It really is the perfect choice for mid/high-sens gamers.

Sleeps with the Fishes
    Doesn't the Razor have a ball instead of a lazer?

I just bought ANOTHER MX518 but I wish I had gone back to wireless.

edit: I just followed your link and read up on it, it does have a lazer. I'd like to get one of these too.. is it practical to have two mice on one computer? or would I have to use the razor for office app\browsing etc.?

Edit2: Razer mouse is regularly $95 at my future shop, on sale $35 off...
    Last edited by Freddy part deux; 12-17-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy part deux View Post
    Doesn't the Razor have a ball instead of a lazer?

I just bought ANOTHER MX518 but I wish I had gone back to wireless.

edit: I just followed your link and read up on it, it does have a lazer. I'd like to get one of these too.. is it practical to have two mice on one computer? or would I have to use the razor for office app\browsing etc.?

Edit2: Razer mouse is regularly $95 at my future shop, on sale $35 off...
    Razer had ball mouses like years and years ago if i remember, dont think there's any of their current products with that nowadays and yea, mine is laser.

Yea i think there's no problems to having 2 mice on a computer, USB's neat for that, i had my wireless on earlier with the razer plugged in. You could always make profiles on your razer specifically for apps/internet and for games with totally different sensitivity settings and button configs, changing profile is just a button push, there's a profile jump button at the bottom of the mice but you can also program 1 or 2 of the 9 buttons for profiles up/down.

Kama-, so you've been using it for a while? 100% used to it now? do you use 4000dpi in games? Just played portal with it, dayum, shooting portals and the speed this thing has is just awesome. Gonna play some TF2 this weekend

i REALLY hated my speedpad n52... it was probably one of the most shoddily built PC peripheral i have ever bought (including those $2 made in china joysticks with manual calibration from 1990)... it single handidly makes me avoid similar products
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    That Razer Lachesis looks pretty sweet. I'm pretty tired of my old wireless 1000 mx. It lags every now and then which drives me nuts.

Any online places have the Razer Lachesis on sale?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by BuggyLoop View Post
    Kama-, so you've been using it for a while? 100% used to it now? do you use 4000dpi in games? Just played portal with it, dayum, shooting portals and the speed this thing has is just awesome. Gonna play some TF2 this weekend
    Absolutely 100% used to it, I can't even imagine using another mouse for FPS now. I can't recall the specific DPI I am using with the thing, I'll be able to confirm once I get my PC back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by BuggyLoop View Post
    Razer had ball mouses like years and years ago if i remember, dont think there's any of their current products with that nowadays and yea, mine is laser.

Yea i think there's no problems to having 2 mice on a computer, USB's neat for that, i had my wireless on earlier with the razer plugged in. You could always make profiles on your razer specifically for apps/internet and for games with totally different sensitivity settings and button configs, changing profile is just a button push, there's a profile jump button at the bottom of the mice but you can also program 1 or 2 of the 9 buttons for profiles up/down.

here's an related thread I just made about these high dpi mouse being a scam
    http://sharkyforums.com/showthread.p...16#post2630316
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerchant View Post
    here's an related thread I just made about these high dpi mouse being a scam
    http://sharkyforums.com/showthread.p...16#post2630316
    Doesnt make much sense, its a scam because you cant get used to high sensivity? If you prefer lower dpi, good for you, im starting to get used to 4000dpi for gaming with some TF2 last night and its down near perfect. And yes i tried reducing the dpi, the default button config on this thing has the 2 top buttons being dpi up/down so i tested it plenty during a TF2 match.

Its no scam

Also a difference between dpi and mouse speed, of course if you're @ 400dpi and you have max speed, when you switch to 4000 you wont even be able to follow the damn cursor, i set mine to 4000 dpi and sensitivity at 8 out of 10 and thats perfect for gaming (for me). Precision =/ speed

For a mouse that beats the price (well after the rebate) of any logitech gaming mouse, i dont feel scammed one bit.

Great White Shark
    I'll chime in as I always do and say that I really wish someone would bring out a precision gaming trackball.

That being said, I love my Razer Copperhead.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64