Bose LifeStyle 18 Series III 50% off @ Fry's! w/ Wireless Rear Link

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bose LifeStyle 18 Series III 50% off @ Fry's! w/ Wireless Rear Link

Bose LifeStyle 18 Series III 50% off @ Fry's! w/ Wireless Rear Link

I know there are a large number of fans here of the greatest speakers ever created, BOSE®. You very rarely find BOSE® speakers on sale, so this is ranks somewhere near the second coming of Jesus Christ on the scale of awesomeness.

Sell blood, a kidney, your children into slavery, whatever it takes to get in on this day while it lasts. Last day is Thursday, Feb 19th, so you have time to get the money for this however it takes. Once it's gone don't expect a deal like this again in your lifetime!!

Limit 1 per customer of course, but let's not be silly. If you had more than 1 of these your face would melt off from being unable to comprehend the sounds coming at you. Remember that dude at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark whose face melts off? That effect was accomplished using 2 BOSE® systems.

When it comes to world-class audio, those who know, choose BOSE®.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

for that kind of money, you could piece together something far superior

i mean no disrespect, but bose is total marketing shite

Reef Shark
    Were they seriously not able to find high enough resolution pictures of the speakers and the dts/dvd logos?

I think the images are ripped from a heavily compressed PDF from a newspaper site. They always look like that.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

These speakers can cure cancer. I'm buying ten!
    Spoiler

I'm guessing that the description in the original post was a copy/paste from Fry's website. Because Bose is nowhere near as great as the advertisement text suggests.

Some warning signs about Bose:
    1) You can't find specifications on their equipment anywhere. Not on their website, not in their manuals, not in the store, not in the box.
    2) Bose pays for product placement so that they are never in A/B comparisons with other audio equipment. Go to any store. Where do you find Bose? On the aisle end-cap. Not in the listening room.
    3) Bose is only sold in mass-market consumer stores like Best Buy and Fry's. Enthusiast stores that specialize in audio equipment never sell Bose.
    4) They sell to the uninformed buyer, based on the perception that their brand name and high price equates to high quality.

Let me bring this into the PC world with an analogy.

Friend: I bought the BEST computer today! It's AWESOME!
    You: Oh, yeah? What kind of horsepower does it have under the hood?
    Friend: Ummm, I really don't know. They didn't list any specs in the store, or on the website.
    You: Hrm, ok. So how do you know it's the best? Did the games/programs you tried out run faster than the other computers near it?
    Friend: Ummm, I guess. Well, actually, there weren't any other computers near it. It was on it's own display area, near the end of an aisle with a big flashy sign above it.
    You: Well, that's ok. What did the buyer reviews on a place like NewEgg have to say about it?
    Friend: Er, um... NewEgg doesn't sell this. I only found it in Best Buy.
    You: Ok..... so.... how do you know it's the best?
    Friend: Because it's a Sony computer! It was the most expensive computer at Best Buy! I paid more for my Sony computer than you paid for the computer that you built! That automatically means mine is the BEST!
    Last edited by kent1146; 02-16-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Laptop Madness (w/unboxing pics): | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images
    Alienware M11x R2 | Core i5 520UM | 4GB RAM | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD | nVidia GeForce 335M GPU | 11.6" WLED Display | Etymotic ER-4P Headphones | 4.5lbs

BOSE® haters are just jealous because they can't afford BOSE®.

BOSE® speakers are never compared against other speakers because if they were, people would never buy any other speaker brand. Retailers and other speaker manufacturers would get mighty upset if they couldn't sell any other systems because of the greatness of BOSE®!

Are the lions at the zoo kept in the same pen as the gazelle? NO. BOSE® is the king of the speaker world and to compare it in an A/B test to any other system is a great injustice. Have some respect.

A fool as his money are soon parted.

Enjoy the speakers.
    Laptop Madness (w/unboxing pics): | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images
    Alienware M11x R2 | Core i5 520UM | 4GB RAM | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD | nVidia GeForce 335M GPU | 11.6" WLED Display | Etymotic ER-4P Headphones | 4.5lbs

Ok, at first I thought that the OP was messing around, talking about Bose with irony. But with tha latest post I'm a little confused; is he just going too far with his little game? Maybe. I dont think it's possible to be such a fanboy of a well known poor product. It's like if he was saying that when it comes to HDMI cables, you cant get anything else then Monster Cable. Yikes!
    Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.2Ghz, 1.16V| Asus P5Q-E | Diamond Radeon HD4870 1GB | 4GB OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 | WD Velociraptor 300GB | SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium | Antec Three Hundred | Enermax Pro82+ 525W | Lite-on 20X burner | Samsung S23A350 23'' monitor | Logitech MX518 | Logitech Z-5500 speakers

Monster Cable is alright for a low end cable. If you want your BOSE® speakers to really shine you need to invest in PEAR CABLES.

http://www.pearcable.com/sub_products_anjou_sc.htm

Anything else would be uncivilized.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDigital View Post
    Monster Cable is alright for a low end cable. If you want your BOSE® speakers to really shine you need to invest in PEAR CABLES.

http://www.pearcable.com/sub_products_anjou_sc.htm

Anything else would be uncivilized.

LOL. Nice.
    Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.2Ghz, 1.16V| Asus P5Q-E | Diamond Radeon HD4870 1GB | 4GB OCZ ReaperX PC2-6400 | WD Velociraptor 300GB | SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium | Antec Three Hundred | Enermax Pro82+ 525W | Lite-on 20X burner | Samsung S23A350 23'' monitor | Logitech MX518 | Logitech Z-5500 speakers

Man you guys are dense

And wow, that cable website just makes me cry... some poor soul has probably bought a pair of those. You have to wonder if they get buyers remorse, or actually think they can hear the difference.
    Last edited by MrBrett; 02-16-2009 at 10:26 PM.
    Intel Q6600 @ 334x9 [] Giga-Byte P35-DS3R [] 6GB GSkill DDR2-800 4-4-5 [] Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB [] Seagate 7200.8 250GB + WD 320GB x3 in RAID 5 [] Pioneer slot-load 16x DVD [] Lite-On 32x12x40x CDRW [] Onboard Sound -> Altec Lansing 641 speakers [] ESI Juli@ -> Practical Devices XM4 -> AudioTechnica A900 headphones [] Mitsubishi 200NF 22" Diamondtron CRT [] Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Foobar 2000 is better than your current music player/library!

*sigh*

I don't think those pictures are especially blocky-looking. Those pieces are just finished with Bose's new "Soni-tex" process using an advanced polymer (similar to truck bed liner) that reduces the vibration of your audio equipment and produces a clearer sound.

Also, regarding those Pear cables: think of the economics of the situation. If you sell ONE single set of cables, you have remade your investment in the materials, R&D, and marketing about a hundred fold. Kinda makes me think I'm in the wrong line of work...
    Core 2 Duo 6750
    Antec P182
    Abit IP35 Pro
    4 GB DDR2 800 RAM
    Asus Xonar D2
    Panasonic SA-XR55 / Audio Technica ATH-A900

Bose are speakers for people who think they're audiophiles.
    They feel that spending a lot of money on mediocre speakers gives great sound.
    Go to any high end audio shjow and you wont even see that company there.

I dont hate Bose, I just feel sorry for the people that buy them...getting sucked into the ******** marketing.
    i5 2500K
    Gigabyte H67A-UD3H-B3
    8 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    Evga GTX470
    Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000 aluminum case
    Silverstone Zeus 750W
    X-fi Gamer
    Altec Lansing MX 5021s

Are there more speakers with wireless rear links out there?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.87 GHz
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560
    G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666
    (4096MB x2 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V)
    ASRock 870 Extreme 3
    Plextor M5S SSD
    Windows 7 x64 Compaq edition
    Viewsonic VX2233WM