Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I am currently using a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and running Windows XP, Service Pack 3. Windows XP came with this laptop when I purchased it from Dell approximately two years ago, and I am now planning to upgrade to Windows 7. For the past two years, I have been getting my driver updates strictly from Dell's official site for this laptop, here: http://support.dell.com/support/down...g=EN&TabIndex=

That page only applies to Windows XP and Windows Vista, as the Vostro 1500 never came with Windows 7 and Dell no longer manufactures the Vostro 1500. Once I upgrade to Windows 7, how would I continue getting driver updates?

I plan to format my hard drive after saving important files (my documents and programs), then installing Windows 7 on a clean, reformatted hard drive. When I formatted my hard drive in the past, I relied on the Dell drivers site to get applications to connect to the Internet, get BIOS updates, etc. Will it still be fine if I download the drivers and applications from that site and use it for Windows 7?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I am upgrading an operating system in my entire life.

Thank you,
Vic