wma files won't play

Sharky Forums

Thread: wma files won't play

Hybrid View

Mako Shark

wma files won't play

I burned my cd's onto my hard drive with windows media player so I could back them up and convert them to mp's for my mp3 player. Now all of a sudden they won't play and media player is asking for a license. Deleting them and reburning them eliminates the problem but what's up with that? I don't want to have to reburn everything if I don't have to. And last thing I want is to have it happen again.

you burn a cd onto your hard drive?
    u mean u rip mp3 from cd to your hard drive?
    Make it Simple

Mako Shark
    I burn them to my hard drive in wma lossless format.

if you ripped them with copy protect music selected then you're stuck with it unless you delete them and rerip.

If you really want to back up your cds it is worth it to take the same to set up EAC right and rip them as FLAC perfect rips. There are a few solid tutorials around on setting it up. After that they are just a quick batch convert job away from mp3/ogg/whatever

not really important to your question, but burning is when you write something to a cd or dvd or other media. ripping is when you pull a copy of a cd/dvd/etc off of the media and onto your hard drive.
    Last edited by Vindir; 12-03-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I like rice. Rice is great if you’re hungry and want 2000 of something.
    Insert ancient Sharky sig here
    [
    Prince Vindir of the OC Crusaders
    Holding Boundaries and Breaking Barriers

]

Mako Shark
    Guess I will have to redo them all. I remember checking that box but I unchecked it and did a whole bunch of CD after unchecking it. But all of my CD are copy protected. Not sure why that would be. What is EAC? and can I play FLAC files with Windows media or iTunes etc or do I have to convert them to MP3 or something?