The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 86

Sharky Forums

Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Recently beat Batman: Arkham Knight! It was okay!

Liked:

- More Batman! I didn't play the reportedly-mediocre Arkham Origins, so it's been almost 4 years since I've played a Batman game. I've missed it.
    - The game assumes knowledge of previous games in the series in terms of mechanics. This translates to a much more complex and demanding game.
    - I enjoyed the story overall.
    - There's a map, but I never needed to open it.
    - Needing to use actual audio/visual clues to discover certain points of interest.

Disliked:

- Several Batmobile segments feel like they're only there to pad the length of the game and go on for longer than they should. They completely stop your momentum and demand that you focus on a single section of street for an extended period of time. There is no reason why I should be forced to fight waves of tanks for 10+ minutes at multiple points in the game.
    - Villains do not always act believably. They become increasingly stupid as the game progresses.
    - Lazy nonsense story ******** that I don't want to detail because spoilers.
    - Minor complaint: The ending is locked behind reaching 100% completion. Thankfully, YouTube was there to help me see that ending since I don't want to do all the Riddler stuff or bomb defusal crap.

I liked the game, but it felt a bit too broad at times. I miss the very focused Metroid-style exploration of Arkham Asylum.

Up Next: Probably more Splatoon and Smite! I'll need to get back to Witcher 3 eventually.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 07-06-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Nice review Kama. I saw some previews for this and wanted to get in on it for the same reason - not having played the series for a while (have not done Origins either). And it would be nice to play this on the PS4. But I rarely buy games at full price... think it's worth it?
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Nice review Kama. I saw some previews for this and wanted to get in on it for the same reason - not having played the series for a while (have not done Origins either). And it would be nice to play this on the PS4. But I rarely buy games at full price... think it's worth it?
    It's hard to say if it is worth full price because money holds different value for different people. I also rarely buy games at full price. I can tell you I paid $35 for the game and I think I got my money's worth. I can also tell you that I took 18 hours to beat the game on Normal difficulty and this included some side-questing (I did not do all the side-missions, barely collected any Riddler trophies, and didn't do any of the AR challenges aside from the tutorial ones).

Personally, I would have paid full price after seeing all the reviews come in. I also would have probably gotten the XBO version instead of the PC version. I do not think I would have been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    A word of warning, do not try to do everything in the game. You will burn yourself out, the game has too much to do.
    I hear you. I have to manage my time so I limit Witcher to weekends. I've started back to playing Wasteland 2 on PC so I'm going back and forth. Oh..and I picked up Dead Rising Apocalypse Edition for my Xbox one and played through after you kill the gang leader on the flaming motorcycle. Pretty fun game.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Had some extended time off work thanks to a) vacation and b) unexpected gall bladder removal so I've knocked out three games in the last couple of weeks.
    Captain America, Metro 2033, and Metro Last Light - all 360 games.

Captain America plays similar to the Batman games only not as good in that it has a forgettable story and mediocre graphics. However, slinging that shield around is just plain fun. Popping it off a couple of enemies heads and have it return to you is very gratifying. The close quarters combat, similarly, is also pretty good. It's a bit of a rare game but it can be found on ebay. Certainly not worth retail price but I think for $20 and under if you want it, you'd get your money's worth. Also 800+ achievement points, if you care, are easy to come by.

Likely you guys have long since played the Metro games so I will just say this...
    2033 is not very polished, overly difficult, and clunky when compared to Last Light. That said 2033 is a fine game, with a good story, excellent environment, moral choices which affect the outcome of the game, and some good stealth action. It took me over a year from the first time I played it to get back to it (I thought it was too difficult). Glad I came back to it though.

Last Light is similar except more polished. You can actually play through the entire game and only have to kill one person (there's a chevo for that) as you can stealth through the whole game. I don't recommend that though unless you're a glutton for punishment. I stealthed a couple of levels but later on - it was just too difficult. I'd highly recommend both Metro games if you haven't played them.

So...
    Captain America 6/10
    Metro 2033 7/10
    Metro Last Light 8/10

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    The Metro series is a series that I have bought yet could never get into. I always feel like I *should* like them, I just don't.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    The Metro series is a series that I have bought yet could never get into. I always feel like I *should* like them, I just don't.
    Same here. I got the enhanced editions during the Summer Sale and I'm hoping they will somehow turn it around for me.

Occasionally I find a game that I "think" I will like and begin playing it only to find out...meh, nah, no good. Sometimes I come back to them and actually like them. The original Borderlands was one such game, as was 2033. It seems like I have to get over the disappointment of not being what I thought it would be and just end up enjoying it for what it is.

Environment and atmosphere abound in Metro. Good, good stuff. That overcomes a lot of the downfalls for me. They aren't fast paced shooters so if you're looking for them to be that type of game - they are not. Give Metro a try again....maybe it'll be different the second time around.

Started up Croixleur Sigma last night, and surprisingly also more or less finished it. Very anime-ish arena type beat-em-up (similar to Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae but far more cartoony), and the story mode literally has a 15 minute timer. Beat it on my second try, but you unlock a new character if you beat it in under 10 minutes, which I managed to do on my 4th try.

It's really more of a score attack/challenge based game than a story mode, though, and I still have a healthy amount of that type of stuff to go through. Opened up a challenge mode at some point (when I beat the game the first time, I think?), and I've done all 10 challenges, but the internet tells me there are at least 30 of them so I must have to go into some other modes (eg time attack) to unlock more.

Pretty fun for what it is. Wouldn't pay the $7.99 it goes for on Steam but I got it in a bundle so I'm happy with it. Would be good for a buck or two during a sale. Will still probably jump back into it here and there but for the most part I'm done with it after only logging 1.9 hours.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    This weekend I've started two new games!

Just finished (and started) Guild of Dungeoneering. Great little game. From the makers of Munchkin I think? Sadly, it's very short, but it is also very fun. I don't know if it's worth the $15 they are asking now. Maybe if it drops into the sub $9 range? Overall, I loved the game, it was just short. Total play time: 15 hours.

After that, the wife and I started Saints Row IV. Normally she's the one who loves GTA clones, but I find the humor in this one is making me love the game. Who knows how many hours I'll lose in it.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Trying to decide what I want to play while on vacation next week. Will keep up with the short-session games I've been playing but would like to add something else for longer play sessions. Not sure about the internet situation where I'm going so I'll be setting Steam to offline mode before I head out.

May jump back into Van Helsing 2. Also have a bunch of old console JRPGs I've wanted to play/replay that I can emulate like Xenogears, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Final Fantasy 7, and Digital Devil Saga. Also thinking about Bound By Flame, E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, Jazzpunk, and Life is Strange.

Long story short, I'll be installing about a thousand games on my laptop before I leave town, of which I'll likely only end up playing one, if any.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Started The Last of Us on PS4. Played for about 8 hours or so and am not really digging it. I'm not a stealth game player, so I'm probably going to just catch the cutscenes on youtube and try some multiplayer. I'm through with Witcher 3 as it didn't hold my attention either, so I traded it in for Borderlands and am back to having mindless fun in that game. I think that is all I have time for in my life right now is something to just pick up and play for an hour and then off to bed or whatever. Last of Us and Witcher required so much more of my brain power to invest in the story and keep up with it, just wasn't fun...I'm regressing in gaming as I get older. The stupider and easier it is the better LOL.
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Started The Last of Us on PS4. Played for about 8 hours or so and am not really digging it. I'm not a stealth game player, so I'm probably going to just catch the cutscenes on youtube and try some multiplayer. I'm through with Witcher 3 as it didn't hold my attention either, so I traded it in for Borderlands and am back to having mindless fun in that game. I think that is all I have time for in my life right now is something to just pick up and play for an hour and then off to bed or whatever. Last of Us and Witcher required so much more of my brain power to invest in the story and keep up with it, just wasn't fun...I'm regressing in gaming as I get older. The stupider and easier it is the better LOL.
    I still stand by my assessment that The Last of Us isn't a fun game. It's not a bad game, but the moment-to-moment gameplay isn't fun and the encounter design is lazy. Aside from the prologue, I don't even think the story is good until the Winter chapter which is close to the end of the game.

I am enjoying Witcher 3, but I'm with you in preferring to play smaller, fun games instead of these huge experiences. I constantly go back to playing Doom 2 instead of just playing all these other newer games.

And on that note, this weekend I played the first episode of the Scythe wad for Doom 2. It features smaller maps that have great design and is just generally excellent all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I still stand by my assessment that The Last of Us isn't a fun game. It's not a bad game, but the moment-to-moment gameplay isn't fun and the encounter design is lazy. Aside from the prologue, I don't even think the story is good until the Winter chapter which is close to the end of the game.

I am enjoying Witcher 3, but I'm with you in preferring to play smaller, fun games instead of these huge experiences. I constantly go back to playing Doom 2 instead of just playing all these other newer games.

And on that note, this weekend I played the first episode of the Scythe wad for Doom 2. It features smaller maps that have great design and is just generally excellent all around.
    HAHA I've been playing Quake II lately!! Something about those old games and their sweet *** shotguns
    Xbox Series X

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    The Last of Us is entirely overrated.
    The Witcher 3 is the best game of the decade.
    I really am getting the urge to play Life is Strange.

*These opinions are in fact...fact, not opinions. This is also fact
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png