The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 87

Sharky Forums

Page 87 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    The Last of Us is entirely overrated.

This...I feel the same way about the Uncharted series as well.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    HAHA I've been playing Quake II lately!! Something about those old games and their sweet *** shotguns
    Hell yeah! I'm not sure if it's nostalgia, but there's something about those old Id games that is just awesome. Doom and Doom 2 are timeless classics to me.

Would you be interested in doing a 1v1 in Quake 2 at some point in the near future?

Great White Shark
    Just finished Saints Row IV. I'd give the game an A+

Loved the wackiness, over-the-top antics, and constant pop culture references. As a side note, I never got into GTA/Assassin's Creed/Saints Row style games before. Then I played FarCry 3. Now I find that style of game enjoyable. Not sure what's changed, or if I just needed the right introduction to the genre.

Not sure what's next.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Just finished Terraria.

Toolfan and I played on my server version and got through most of all the bosses. It was fun checking out the new content though I think I'm done with it for the time being.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Started a replay of Final Fantasy Tactics on emulator. Probably spent hours trying to get it to display correctly (everything super slow with the OpenGL plugin, resolutions all screwed up with anything else) until I realized that the actual fix was stupidly easy (the OpenGL plugin works at perfect speed if my laptop is actually plugged in to the wall).

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Just finished Terraria.

Toolfan and I played on my server version and got through most of all the bosses. It was fun checking out the new content though I think I'm done with it for the time being.
    I enjoyed the little time I spent on your server but I think you guys just moved way too fast for me after having come off such a long hiatus. You guys were out killing bosses while I was trying to remember how to get torches to work.
    Last edited by monroeski; 08-05-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Just finished Terraria. <quote edited for impact of the below statement>

LIAR!!! You can't finish the game. ;p

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Started a replay of Final Fantasy Tactics on emulator. Probably spent hours trying to get it to display correctly (everything super slow with the OpenGL plugin, resolutions all screwed up with anything else) until I realized that the actual fix was stupidly easy (the OpenGL plugin works at perfect speed if my laptop is actually plugged in to the wall).

I enjoyed the little time I spent on your server but I think you guys just moved way too fast for me after having come off such a long hiatus. You guys were out killing bosses while I was trying to remember how to get torches to work.
    I'll leave the server up for the next month or so so feel free to play around and use the stuff we have there.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    LIAR!!! You can't finish the game. ;p
    I wonder, would a legitimate win be crafting one of every item, recruiting every NPC, defeating every boss, and mining the ENTIRE world?

Great White Shark
    I wonder, would a legitimate win be crafting one of every item, recruiting every NPC, defeating every boss, and mining the ENTIRE world?
    That's what I would consider being done with the game. Heck, 3 times over that's what I considered being done with the game meant. (I've picked it up and restarted it multiple times as new updates came out.)

Mining the entire world would be probably the biggest pita to all of that though. That's something I've never done. I've always had to create multiple worlds to just get all the items I needed for crafting. Especially since certain worlds only spawn a subset of the available metals, etc. (Or at least they used to).

You can mine the entire world pretty easily once you have this: http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Drill_Containment_Unit

It's pretty nifty and crazy powerful. It melts through everything.
    Last edited by taggart6; 08-07-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Just beat Arkham Knight...and by that I mean I got as far as I could before I no longer cared anymore.

I found this to be the 2nd weakest entry into the series. Better than Origins but not by much. The story is meh, the new abilities are okay, and the whole batcar feels gimmicky and poorly done. After 20+ hours the game becomes one huge grind. I usually 100% this games but I honestly I have no motivation to spend any more time with it once I unlocked most of the abilities and completed half the mission.

Worth playing if you are a die hard fan and can get it for cheap.

Got some friends together the other day and we had a lot of fun with Knight Squad. There were a couple of modes where one of us was clearly the best player and basically won every time but other than those it all felt pretty good.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Playing Fallout Shelter on my tablet now. It's a lot of fun. It's a tiny tower clone, and like many new mobile games, is susceptible to the clock bug for speeding things up. I'm enjoying it, but without abusing the bug, I can see myself getting bored with it long before I made any progress on it.

In the meantime, slowly picking back up the Witcher 3. And also playing Shadowrun Returns: Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Playing Fallout Shelter on my tablet now. It's a lot of fun. It's a tiny tower clone, and like many new mobile games, is susceptible to the clock bug for speeding things up. I'm enjoying it, but without abusing the bug, I can see myself getting bored with it long before I made any progress on it.

In the meantime, slowly picking back up the Witcher 3. And also playing Shadowrun Returns: Hong Kong.
    It gets old fast once the deathclaws show up.

Didn't beat it, but I gave up on The Witcher 1. Got mid way through act 2 before I quit due to technical issues, an annoying camera, and a dragging story. I really wanted to beat this, but it felt like such a grind. Just started up The Witcher 2 which I'm enjoying much more although combat can be very difficult.