The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 89

Sharky Forums

Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I tried, got to like
    Spoiler
    and realized that you had to grind side-ops to unlock more, that was the end for me. I also moved onto a sports game lol, it is Madden time for me till the re-launch of Wasteland 2.
    I never had to grind side ops. There's actually a ton of side ops that are incomplete for me. As far as I know the only ones you need to complete are the yellow/orange-colored ones.

Spoiler

Been playing Final Fantasy: Record Keeper for a few months now. Has all of the annoying hallmarks of F2P mobile games these days but something is keeping me with it far beyond the point I quit with stuff like Puzzle & Dragons and Monster Strike. Some of it may just be nostalgia, but I can pick out a few other things I like about FFRK over other games -

1. The gatcha in this is just equipment, while you still get new characters fed to you pretty often through the two-week events; with the other games it felt like I would go forever without any roster changes because the random monsters/characters you draw were rarely better than what you already had.
    2. they're pretty generous with giving out mythril, which is the premium material in this game you use for drawing equipment, increasing inventory slots, etc. You get a free one every day, a second free one every 5 days or so, and usually you get one every time you complete a new dungeon for the first time.
    3. Because of the equippable skills, equippable equipment, and differences in character abilities to equip things, it feels like there is always some new strategy I can try out if I'm getting stuck to maybe go a little bit further in an event. Other games felt like I got stuck at some point there was no getting past unless I paid money for orbs or whatever and got lucky in the gatcha system.

Who knows how long I'll keep it up, but I've kept with it much longer than other F2P mobile games I've played and I still haven't spent a dime.
    Last edited by monroeski; 10-05-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Since I saw this post, I've been playing FFRC. I have to say, it is a lot more fun than other F2P games. Though in the early stages, it's definitely a "hurry up and wait" situation. Run through dungeons, wait for stamina. Farm gil, wait for stamina, etc.

A lot of fun, but like Fallout Shelter and others, the early stages are not as interesting.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I'm playing through Dragon Quest: Long Subtitle now, it is a fun game but it could have been so much more. Makes me yearn for another Final Fantasy 12 like battle system.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I'm playing through Dragon Quest: Long Subtitle now, it is a fun game but it could have been so much more. Makes me yearn for another Final Fantasy 12 like battle system.
    Is that the Dynasty Warriors-like one? If so, have you played Hyrule Warriors and how does it compare to that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Is that the Dynasty Warriors-like one? If so, have you played Hyrule Warriors and how does it compare to that one?
    Yes it is, and no, I haven't. This game doesn't have much depth so I can sum it up pretty well even though I'm not finished (might be close though)

+responsive
    +colorful
    +fun atmosphere
    +Enjoyable combat, even if a little "button mashy"
    +Good difficulty curve
    +Good performance, has slight dips occasionally but no impact on gameplay

-AI will literally just stand there at times, it varies with different party members
    -No difficulty settings

The game is like a colorful version of Dead Rising I guess. It is pretty shallow and doesn't have an open world, everything is instanced. Overall I would say at this time I would give it a 8/10 or so. If you are in the mood for a turn off your brain game, this would fit that bill.
    -Oscar Wilde

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    How is Hyrule warriors. worth picking up?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Been playing a fair bit of Marvel Heroes lately, which is basically Diablo/Torchlight but with Marvel Comics characters. Seems fun enough but it flies the F2P/Freemium flag a little too high for my liking; You get a character to start, and the second day login bonus is enough of a rare currency to buy one or two others (depending on the cost of the ones you want), but if you don't want to pay anything I figure it will take around 20+ hours of game time to farm enough currency to buy another character (which is about 200 "Eternity Splinters,"), and that's from the low tier. Personally, I just want to buy Rogue, but the log-in bonus is 400 eternity splinters and she costs 600, so it will be the aforementioned 20+ hours before I even pick up my second character. Honestly don't think I'll be playing that long, but I'm also not going to be paying the 20 freaking dollars it costs to buy her, either.

That's really my biggest issue with most Freemium games; I'm not inherently against spending money on such a thing, but why do they make individual items/characters/currency/whatever so expensive? I could go buy Torchlight II for the cost of just a single character in Marvel Heroes, and Marvel Heroes has over 50 characters. It costs about 30 dollars just to buy enough gems to do an 11-pull in Record Keeper, and you're not even guaranteed any 5-star equipment from that.

If characters in Marvel Heroes were even $5 I'd likely be making plans to buy a few. As it is I'm debating whether I want to even log back in to the game or uninstall it.

Didn't realize there was a Dragon Quest "warriors" game out there. The only DQ series games I've ever played were the first Dragon Quest Monsters and Rocket Slime Adventures, which don't really count. I'll generally give any Warriors-type game a chance, though, so I may pick it up at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Haven't played it myself, but I generally hear good things. Will be right up there at the top of the list when I eventually pick up a Wii U.
    Last edited by monroeski; 10-23-2015 at 09:31 AM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    I will say I think the pricing in FFRK is nuts. So far I have spent 0 dollars on the game, and I plan on keeping it that way. $30 for the 11 pull is just stupid.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    The action is repetitive and mindless but it's fun.

I'm playing Halo 5 now. Not much to say about it other than it is Halo
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    I'm playing Halo 5 now. Not much to say about it other than it is Halo
    I'm loving the Arena mode. We must play together.

I'm loving the Arena mode. We must play together.
    Let's do it! I'll invite if I see you on. Played the other night with MajoyPayne (I think is Snakespy here? can't remember..just remember it is Kasey from here) until his internet crapped out. I suck at it, but it is fun as hell. It is a very nice change from the crucible in Destiny. Everything is level field. I actually like the SWAT mode so far.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

I just finished Tales from the Borderlands and it was a lot of fun. I have played The Walking Dead S1, A Wolf among Us, and now Borderlands and it was just as good as the other 2. I think Walking Dead S1 will always have a special place in my gaming heart but Borderlands was still a blast. I think I might pick up Life is Strange next but who knows.
    -Oscar Wilde

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Playing Warhammer: Vermatide. Really enjoying it so far. Its a mix of Borderlands and Left 4 Dead but within the Warhammer non-40k universe.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.