The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 107

Sharky Forums

Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Bought a ton of stuff in the Steam sale that I'm slowly working through.

Fight'N Rage is pretty great for what it is (Final Fight/Streets of Rage style beat-em-up). Has a lot of the bad hallmarks of those games (repetitiveness being at/near the top) but the characters all feel pretty different and it's all pretty well put together.

Blue Revolver is a bullet hell shmup where my review so far sounds a lot like Fight'N Rage above; it won't convince somebody that doesn't like the genre to like it, but it's well put together and a pretty good game IMO.

Shadows of Adam is an old style JRPG that's also pretty good so far, though I'm only a dungeon or two in. MP/Skill system is simple but interesting, you can basically just take a turn off to regenerate some of it and get some other small bonus (like higher magic stat for the next turn).
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Sushi
    The last game that I have played and finished is RE7. I really like it. I am currently playing The Evil Within 2, so far so good.

Great White Shark
    The wife and I have finally burned through Hyrule Warriors. Only playing in the evenings after work when we are both in the mood has slowed progress. Love the game, and the Zelda flair they added to it. Next is probably falling back to Final Fantasy games while I'm on the treadmill. Gotta have something to distract me from the real world grinding.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Put about 185 hours into it. Unlocked all blades except K-mos and Id on;t know if I want to grind another 10 hours to even try. Picked up Monster Hunter World for PC and can't wait till it unlocks. Will focus on the MArio + Rabbids for the switch for my portable gaming.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I'm close to buying No Man's Sky. I've kind of wanted it for a while but never pulled the trigger but it's 50% off right now and they just had a huge update that seems to be getting good reviews.

I did just pick up a couple handfuls of games at a retro convention last week and still haven't worked all the way through my Steam sale games yet, though, so maybe not.

Just finished the White March expansions for PoE. combined, I have put in 140 hours thus far... oh how I do miss BG series games...

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    I'm close to buying No Man's Sky. I've kind of wanted it for a while but never pulled the trigger but it's 50% off right now and they just had a huge update that seems to be getting good reviews.

I did just pick up a couple handfuls of games at a retro convention last week and still haven't worked all the way through my Steam sale games yet, though, so maybe not.
    I was exactly this, and I ended up buying it on the 50% off sale.

The best thing I can say about No Man's Sky is that it's Minecraft in space.

You harvest stuff to build interesting stuff and new things that hold more stuff so you can harvest more and build more, etc.

I've put about 30 hours into it, haven't progressed much, just hopping planets, building bases and gathering suit upgrades to store more stuff.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I was exactly this, and I ended up buying it on the 50% off sale.

The best thing I can say about No Man's Sky is that it's Minecraft in space.

You harvest stuff to build interesting stuff and new things that hold more stuff so you can harvest more and build more, etc.

I've put about 30 hours into it, haven't progressed much, just hopping planets, building bases and gathering suit upgrades to store more stuff.
    I did end up buying and installing it, but some unexpected work stuff came up (literally 2 hours or so after that post) that I've been dealing with so I haven't been playing much of anything in the last week and a half or so.

Got my Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered steam key. Spent a little bit creating a party and have started reliving my teenage years in Skara Brae.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

OMG...Monster Hunter World is Amazing. I can't stop playing it.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post

I played the game when it first came out and was unimpressed. I hear its added a lot more now.

Expensive Sushi
    Last I beat (revised) Commandos II Men of Courage. This time with excellent scores. Now I'm playing Injustice Gods Among Us; and I'm enjoying it.

Great White Shark
    Wife and I finished up Hyrule warrriors, and that was fun. I burned out on No Man's Sky pretty quickly. I pushed hard to max out my inventory space and multitool, but once I had that done, I had nothing to push me forward.

I'm not starting to pickup Fallout 4 finally. I've owned the game since release, but have not played it before recently.

Great White Shark
    Wow. Fallout 4 seems much bigger than Fallout 3/NV. Maybe it's because of all the settlement "filler"? I don't know. Also, after something like Minecraft or other construction games, Fallout 4's building mechanics suck. Other than that, it's enjoyable. Similar to previous "new gen" fallout games on the same engine.

Kingdome Come

currently playing Dungelot Shattered Lands (funny Indi roguelike)

next up AvP (2010) - long wanted to pass it