The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 112 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar

The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

I am completely swamped at the moment and not sure what to pick up next, figure I'm not the only one in this situation after that steam sale.

Oh and the last game I beat.

Defense Grid
    8.5/10
    +Fun
    +Engrossing
    -Repetetive

Up next I think I'm gonna tackle Ghost Masters. We will see though.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Hammerhead Shark
    Beat Dragons Age...it was great actually the first game in a long time I actually kept playing long enough to finish. I am just starting the Witcher, but I plan on playing Dragons Age again using a different team.
    "Mister, we deal in lead." (Steve McQueen, the Magnificent Seven)

Beat Dead Space . Loved it. Great finale !
    I will replay it....but not until I beat Resident Evil 5 (PC) next, which has amazing graphics !

Finished Fallout 3 twice, every mission . 2 different characters. Loved it.
    i5 2500K
    Gigabyte H67A-UD3H-B3
    8 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    Evga GTX470
    Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000 aluminum case
    Silverstone Zeus 750W
    X-fi Gamer
    Altec Lansing MX 5021s

Hammerhead Shark
    Eternal Sonata (quick but fun)
    Star Ocean in next (after finishing Lost Odyssey)

Last game I beat was probably Left 4 Dead 2. Finished all the campaigns, only failed to survive one finale. Love it, will definitely be playing more.

Currently juggling many games, but my primary focus is currently on Bayonetta.

Hammerhead Shark
    Last game I played was FEAR 2. Absolutely loved it (even more than the first) albeit the ending was a bit...awkward? Before that it was CoD4 on Veteran including the Epilogue. Talk about irritation.

Right now I'm trying to get through GTAIV. I originally bought the special edition when it first released and never finished the game. A friend bought the PC version for me through Steam so I'm playing it here because I prefer the controls and custom songs.
    Last edited by Dark Sonic; 01-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Windows 7 Professional x64
    Thermaltake Tsunami
    Asus Rampage III Formula
    Intel i7 960
    12Gigs G.Skill DDR3
    XFX HD6970

www.dcwclan.com
    dakrsonic plays life.

WoW.

Actually, though I buy many games (I did an inventory, and own like $5000 worth... original price)... I haven't completed one for ages.

I'd have to say Steel Panthers. Which I played through as the Germans about 2 years ago. And WAY past when the game was originally released.

I still fire up even the old DOS games from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Citizen View Post
    We should nuke the United States.
    i7-930 CPU w. Scythe Mugen2, Intel DX58SO mobo, WD Raptor 600GB 10K RPM HDD, 8GB PC12800 RAM, nVidia GTX285 2GB w. Artic Cooling Extreme, Antec P182SE case, Enermax MODU87+ 850W PSU, Vista 64 bit business, Xeno 128MB PCIe Killer NIC, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe, Viewsonic 28" VX2835wm LCD

Assassin's Creed 2, loved it. Way better than the first.

Recently been playing some sports games, though I may get into some Uncharted 2 next.

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Spank_Me_Hard View Post
    WoW.

Actually, though I buy many games (I did an inventory, and own like $5000 worth... original price)... I haven't completed one for ages.

I'd have to say Steel Panthers. Which I played through as the Germans about 2 years ago. And WAY past when the game was originally released.

I still fire up even the old DOS games from time to time.
    I actually beat Wow once. I got to level 40something, realized it was getting dreadfully boring, repetitive ect., so I canceled my account and unistalled it.

Wolfenstein - currently playing Wow and Battlefield 1942. Picked up Quake Wars but haven't really sat down to play it yet. Might give Fallout 3 another shot - never played it past the beginning lol
    ...WAIT FOR IT

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just Beat Mario inside Story. Kinda meh IMHO. I doubt I'l play another DS Mario RPG.

moving on to Spirit Tracks for the DS.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by md1198p View Post
    I actually beat Wow once. I got to level 40something, realized it was getting dreadfully boring, repetitive ect., so I canceled my account and unistalled it.
    LOL! Does it count if you quit half way through? Because if so, I have "beat" many...

You prob already know this, but I was joking about WoW. It never "ends".

As for what I want to beat next... I dunno. But my best bet would be the new Operation Flashpoint. Bought it during the Steam sale and fired it up. Seemed pretty amazing! I hardly ever "beat" games, so I doubt that I'll "beat" that one. But it's my best bet for games that I currently own.

Speculating on the future, I'll probably "beat" AvP3 a while after it first comes out. I LOVED the prior ones. The screen shots look pretty sick.

Speaking of sick screen shots... Crysis2 just looks stupid amazing. With how far they pushed the hardware envelope with the last one I am left wondering how hard they will push the hardware envelope with this one. Because the screenshot that I saw in PC Gamer looked like a damned real life photo.
    i7-930 CPU w. Scythe Mugen2, Intel DX58SO mobo, WD Raptor 600GB 10K RPM HDD, 8GB PC12800 RAM, nVidia GTX285 2GB w. Artic Cooling Extreme, Antec P182SE case, Enermax MODU87+ 850W PSU, Vista 64 bit business, Xeno 128MB PCIe Killer NIC, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe, Viewsonic 28" VX2835wm LCD

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Spank_Me_Hard View Post
    LOL! Does it count if you quit half way through? Because if so, I have "beat" many...

You prob already know this, but I was joking about WoW. It never "ends".

As for what I want to beat next... I dunno. But my best bet would be the new Operation Flashpoint. Bought it during the Steam sale and fired it up. Seemed pretty amazing! I hardly ever "beat" games, so I doubt that I'll "beat" that one. But it's my best bet for games that I currently own.

Speculating on the future, I'll probably "beat" AvP3 a while after it first comes out. I LOVED the prior ones. The screen shots look pretty sick.

Speaking of sick screen shots... Crysis2 just looks stupid amazing. With how far they pushed the hardware envelope with the last one I am left wondering how hard they will push the hardware envelope with this one. Because the screenshot that I saw in PC Gamer looked like a damned real life photo.
    It does end. Just cancel it lol. My post was in jest as well, I was just boasting about how I recongnized the game is just a repetitive time sink well before most people and therefore stopped playing. My way is truely the only way to "beat" Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by md1198p View Post
    It does end. Just cancel it lol. My post was in jest as well, I was just boasting about how I recongnized the game is just a repetitive time sink well before most people and therefore stopped playing. My way is truely the only way to "beat" Wow.
    Now if I can only "beat" Counter Strike. That is my own time sink.

Crysis 2 screenshots for those of you who haven't seen them: