The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 105

Sharky Forums

Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1666

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

I played and beat Star Fox 2 (on both Normal and Hard difficulty). It's a weird game. Runs like butts and feels unfinished but is otherwise an interesting collection of ideas that may have been ahead of its time if it actually released in 1996. It's clear that Star Fox Command was Nintendo's shot at elaborating on many of the ideas they experimented with in Star Fox 2.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 10-09-2017 at 03:06 PM.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I played and beat Star Fox 2 (on both Normal and Hard difficulty). It's a weird game. Runs like butts and feels unfinished but is otherwise an interesting collection of ideas that may have been ahead of its time if it actually released in 1996. It's clear that Star Fox Command was Nintendo's shot at elaborating on many of the ideas they experimented with in Star Fox 2.
    What are the features? I haven't played either SF2 but I think I played a little bit of command on the DS
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Beat Metroid: Return of Samus for 3DS

Came in at about 14 hours with 100%. Not sure how I feel about it. It felt very linear all things considered and kinda short.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Finished Hellblade a little while back. It was good! Loved the regular gameplay parts where the voices were guiding you around, insulting you, praising you, etc. Combat seemed pretty run of the mill but wasn't bad. Much of the exposition/cutscenes felt a lot like the stuff I don't enjoy about Shakespeare; overacted monologues and such. Ending disapointed me in that it was

Spoiler

I would recommend it. Headphones are practically required for the best experience, though, the way they did the voices in your head was fantastic (surround positioning, etc.).

Having a tough time deciding what to play next so I'm generally just throwing a few minutes here and there into Devil Daggers, Overwatch, and the daily in Assault Android Cactus. Have a lot of spooky/horror/etc. type things I would love to play for October/Halloween, but so many are the types of things you should concentrate on for the atmosphere and shouldn't really play while multitasking. Granted, Hellblade was very much like that and I completed it so I should be able to make it work if I really want to.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Just picked up a bunch of stuff at the start of the Halloween sale. But haven't been playing much. My previous entry still holds true. I have less than 10 hours in Fallout 4, which is an absolute crying shame.

Been busy working on the house instead. 1980's built houses were not quality. It seems everything is falling apart.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Bought a chunk of things in the Steam Halloween sale but I'm probably going to have a quick trigger on refunds for a few of them. Bloodlust: Shadowhunter in particular seems to have high potential for going well past the endearing type of jank.

Only played Bloodlust: Shadowhunter once so far, but that "once" was for 3 hours straight, which I don't do too often anymore, so you could say I enjoyed it. Some of the randomness is a bit strange; your available skills are randomly generated, for example, so even though I took a spellcasting class I may get a bunch of skill options based on strength and melee.

Controls are a bit weird in the early 2000s/late 1990s way, where games were becoming more complicated and developers wanted to make use of as much of the 60+ keys on a keyboard as possible. If you've ever gone back and tried to play the original Deus Ex you know what I mean. There's a weird toggle system (using the Z key) that changes whether your mouse uses natural mouselook or if it moves a cursor around and you have to click and drag to change the camera angle.

Hoping to get back to it soon, but I have mostly been playing Persona 5, trying to finally beat the secret bosses and get that platinum. Finally did it a couple of days ago, so I'm ready to move on to something else in the PS4 realm. Probably going to make it Gravity Rush/Gravity Rush 2, as the online support for the sequel is going away in January and that apparently means there are some costumes that will be locked away forever after that point.

Played Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.

Got 5 min in and then no-ped the f out.

Pretty sure I got all the online stuff I need from Gravity Rush 2 so I'll be mixing in some other stuff now. Not sure exactly what yet, though. Feel like it will be a JRPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Played Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.

Got 5 min in and then no-ped the f out.
    Dowloaded that on release day but haven't tried it out yet.

I finished Steamworld Dig 2. I liked it a lot but after about a dozen hours I was ready for it to be over. Thankfully, it wasn't much longer than that.

I completed the Fire Emblem Warriors campaign and one of the History Mode maps and I'm probably not even halfway done with what the game has for me. I also bought the DLC season pass, so I'll be getting even more maps and characters over the next couple months. I don't like how some of the characters are clones of others (all the archers seem to have the same moveset, all the pegasus riders as well, I think the mages too, and the two main protagonists) but overall I had a lot of fun with the game and I plan to keep playing it when I need to turn my brain off for a while and focus on just mowing down thousands of enemies. In some ways this is the Warriors game I've been looking for all along, with a strategy element that lets me order all my generals around and allied AI good enough to actually get things done. If they ever make one of these games that is basically Warhammer Total War but with the added ability to run around the battlefield murdering thousands of troops I will be a happy man. The idea of playing this character and setting out on a quest to destroy everyone that isn't green (and some that are) really appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Playing Steamworld Dig 2. Loving it.
    Really liked the first one. Can't wait to play it. A shame its not in 3DS.

Finished DOOM 2016. Liked it a lot overall, though it's a bit more complex than I like my DOOM to be (though it's not particularly complex at all). Lots of trying to kill demons in specific ways to unlock abilities for your weapons, picking up skill points and ability points to allocate, etc. The ending was really abrupt as well; Felt like

Spoiler

but you're not exactly playing this for the storyline so other than being shorted on feeling like I still had a level or two left it's not all that big of a deal.
    Last edited by monroeski; 01-29-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Finished Mass Effect!!
    2/3 into Mass Effect 2! Running a decade behind... lol

That said, it still was a blast playing these 2! Can't wait to finish 2nd and get into 3!

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by proxops-pete View Post
    Finished Mass Effect!!
    2/3 into Mass Effect 2! Running a decade behind... lol

That said, it still was a blast playing these 2! Can't wait to finish 2nd and get into 3!
    That's awesome!

When I was finally able to afford 3 (long after it had come out), I replayed through all 3 to get the cohesive story line and make sure my "Shepard" was exactly what I wanted. I enjoyed it a lot.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Yeah. I plan to keep playing through to 3 and maybe even Andromeda if it retains your choices from 2 and 3... anyone know if that's the case??