The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 92

Sharky Forums

Page 92 of 112 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Trying to finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut) after starting it years ago but the part I'm on is really bad. Come to find out it's actually the Missing Link DLC, which was integrated into the main game in the Director's Cut version. Will be happy when it's over. Glad a friend mentioned that to me because I may have just dropped the game altogether if I didn't know this was just a temporary bump in the road.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    If you are trying for a complete stealth run through for the achievements, the Missing Link DLC stealth run is kind of a pita. I ended up using a walkthrough for a few sections to not get caught.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I'm finishing up Rise of the Tomb Raider and I have really enjoyed it. It is not much different than Tomb Raider 2013 but that is fine by me as I really liked that game also. I would give it a solid 8.5/10
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

I "beat" The Witness insofar as I reached an ending and received an achievement for doing so. I solved over 400 puzzles during that time. There are many remaining. I'll definitely return to it to try to solve some of the puzzles I left behind, but I can't imagine finding all of the secret ones or working on figuring out [REDACTED].

Great game. I love it.

NEXT IS XCOM 2 OH MY GOD IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

I "beat" The Witness insofar as I reached an ending and received an achievement for doing so. I solved over 400 puzzles during that time. There are many remaining. I'll definitely return to it to try to solve some of the puzzles I left behind, but I can't imagine finding all of the secret ones or working on figuring out [REDACTED].

Great game. I love it.

NEXT IS XCOM 2 OH MY GOD IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

EDIT: I beat "The Challenge" in the Witness! I also solved around 100 more puzzles since this post! I think I'm actually done with the game now.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 02-26-2016 at 01:32 AM.

Finished up Human Revolution a little while back. Definitely liked it overall despite a few issues; absolutely hated the DLC as described above, of course, but I also didn't like how "obvious" some ways to take on a mission were. I don't know if that word is the best way to describe it, but essentially it felt like when you went into a building or whatever your decision on how to complete it was already made by your character choices, and the alternate routes through practically had flashing signs on them. For example, I went the stealth route, so almost the entire game was 1. look for console to hack, and if it's not there then 2. look for an air vent that would be completely real-life inefficient/useless because it connects just two rooms in this entire complex. I still had 20+ unused skill points by the time I was in the latter third of the game because all I really needed was the hacking upgrades; didn't buy invisibility or any extra batteries until VERY late in the game because the above two steps seemed to get me through basically anything.

Liked it enough to probably get the upcoming sequel, didn't like it enough to buy the sequel at launch.
    Last edited by monroeski; 02-05-2016 at 01:32 PM.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Wrapped up my second play through of Undertale. Such a great game and one I recommend to everyone.

looking to pick up The Division next.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I think Dragon's Dogma will be next for me. I keep hearing good things about it and nothing else is really on my radar at the moment.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Wrapped up my second play through of Undertale. Such a great game and one I recommend to everyone.
    Think I'm going to start that up after I finish LISA.

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I think Dragon's Dogma will be next for me. I keep hearing good things about it and nothing else is really on my radar at the moment.
    I had the PS3 version of that on my Amazon wish list for years. Finally it was about to come to PC and I figured I'd pick it up there, then I got the PS3 version for Christmas.

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest. Definitely liked it, though having big portions of the map become locked after some story events isn't something I'm used to in Metroidvanias. Only real complaint is that a lot of the walls that you need certain skills to get past didn't really have enough differentiation from each other; some need your explosive power, some need you to trick an enemy into shooting them, some need you to hit switches, etc., but a lot of them don't look all that different from each other.

So....whassup? Hate to say I forget about posting but....I do. Haven't posted since July! Since that time I have completed a handful of games. Mostly older stuff, as usual. I'll just list'em and a short blurb...

Rage (360): Pretty amazing game with even more amazing graphics. I get that it's not a completely open world game, but it's still pretty cool how it looks. 8/10

Aliens Colonial Marines (360): Not a very good game. Graphics weren't great; story so so. There were some bugs here and there with aliens getting stuck in the walls where occasionally they have to all be dead to advance. Not the worst game I've played. 5/10

Red Faction Guerilla (360): Enjoyed RF: Armageddon much more. Drive across the map, blow crap up, save Mars. Over and over and over. Seemed this game was fairly difficult. Don't remember what setting I had it on but I died quite a bit. Probably much of that was just not paying attention and thinking "I got him!"; except I didn't. 6/10

Army of Two: Devils Cartel (360): Played co-op with my son. Solid title. Did not like the original Ao2. Pleasantly surprised. Probably made more fun by the fact you can co op the entire game. We each have a 360 so I can't speak to split screen, but the game worked well. Occasionally you'd split up to complete a level; kinda liked that. 7.5/10

Ghost Recon Future Soldier (360): Really enjoyed GRAW 1 and 2. This one, felt like more of a chore to get through. Good graphics, gameplay was okay. Just could not seem to get vested in the story. Frustrating at the end having to chase down a handful of bosses before they escape with tons of enemies being thrown at you. It's a stealth game that makes you run and gun at the end. Not cool. 6.5/10

Timeshift (360): Good concept, decent graphics, mediocre story. Rewinding and slowing time are cool features. Gameplay was good except for overly difficult shoot stuff outta the sky while riding aerial transport missions. Other than that, not much to complain about. Boss at the end was maybe a bit too easy. 6.5/10

Battlefield 3 (360): Did not play mp, just solo. Guess I'm just stupid but the story lacked cohesiveness to me; confusing at times. Graphics were great, gameplay fine. It's a BF game; not much else to say. 7/10

Gears of War Ultimate (one): Bought my son and I each a Xbox One for Christmas. Got him the 1TB Gears and the 1TB Tomb Raider for me. Picked up Gears Ultimate to play with him because, well, we haven't played Gears enough even though we've played each multiple times. Very much improved graphics, the new chapter was nice but not enough to make a big difference. Same game as Gears 1 with a little spit and polish. 8/10

Farming Simulator 15 (one): Pretty much the same game at FS 13 with one new map. Buy fields and equipment, plant crops, harvest crops, make money to buy more fields and equipment. Did not mess with cows, sheep, chickens. Did work the silage/biogas plant to it's full effect as it was a big money maker. Physics are just terrible; as they were in the last game. The tractor and equipment models are just fine but the environment suffers a bit. Way too dark at night and/or tractor lighting needs to be improved. Probably shouldn't enjoy this series as much as I do. My son laughs at me for playing it. 8/10

Working on XCom The Bureau (360), Diablo (one), Forza 6 (one), and Wasteland 2 (one). Got a crap ton of 360 games yet to play. Getting a one is kinda messing me up in that regard.

Edit to add:
    Driver SF is a pretty solid game. I'm not one for arcade style driving games but that one I thoroughly enjoyed!
    Last edited by PowerCreep; 02-11-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerCreep View Post
    Red Faction Guerilla (360): Enjoyed RF: Armageddon much more.
    First person I've seen with that opinion. I loved Guerrilla; though I do agree that it was pretty repetitive, the destruction was pretty fun in general and it allowed some interesting ways to complete a lot of missions that would otherwise have been very similar.

I completed one rescue mission by ramping a huge truck into a strip mine, directly on top of the building at the bottom of it that the hostages were in, and just tore through the entire thing when I landed. IIRC I actually fell directly on top of one of the hostages but I didn't need to rescue them all to complete the mission so it all worked out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    First person I've seen with that opinion. I loved Guerrilla; though I do agree that it was pretty repetitive, the destruction was pretty fun in general and it allowed some interesting ways to complete a lot of missions that would otherwise have been very similar.

I completed one rescue mission by ramping a huge truck into a strip mine, directly on top of the building at the bottom of it that the hostages were in, and just tore through the entire thing when I landed. IIRC I actually fell directly on top of one of the hostages but I didn't need to rescue them all to complete the mission so it all worked out fine.
    Oh yeah, it had fun moments. Similar to what you said about crushing hostages, I would often blow them up accidentally. They just never seemed to move out of the way fast enough!
    I just really liked the reconstruction aspect of Armageddon. I thought that was pretty unique.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Tyring to Beat bayonetta at the moment. I keep walking away from it after a while because I find some of the combat frustrating. Its a fun game, but so much is left unexplained as to defeat a boss. The camera angles can be a bit of a pain in the butt during a fight as well.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Rocket League is SO GOOD.