The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 75

Sharky Forums

Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

I'm way late to the party, but I'm working through Batman: Arkham City. Sitting at about 40% now and enjoying it so much I'll probably go for 100%. Pretty much the same game as Arkham Asylum with a wider scope and new content - which is exactly what I wanted after Asylum.

But I was disappointed to hear that Origins is kind of crappy, as I was planning to move onto that in a month or two. Anyone else here play Origins and feel the same way?
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm way late to the party, but I'm working through Batman: Arkham City. Sitting at about 40% now and enjoying it so much I'll probably go for 100%. Pretty much the same game as Arkham Asylum with a wider scope and new content - which is exactly what I wanted after Asylum.

But I was disappointed to hear that Origins is kind of crappy, as I was planning to move onto that in a month or two. Anyone else here play Origins and feel the same way?
    Personally I liked Origins more than Arkham City. I've never understood the hate Origins got, to each their own I guess.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Thanks man! That's certainly encouraging, and probably the push I needed to grab the game. Will get into it sometime in September. It's sad how long it takes me to finish a game these days... not much time to sit down in front of the TV.
    Last edited by Rush; 08-06-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

And after 75 hours I have finally finished Divinity: Original Sin

9.5/10

+Respects your intelligence
    +Fun dialog
    +Story is engaging if you don't mind reading

-Ability to get stuck in really tough spots accidentally

I really liked this game, although 75 hours is a bit much but it is a testament to the game that I finished it. I still had about 8 quests left that I didn't do either, this is one long game. I don't really have much bad to say about it really...was pretty much awesome.
    -Oscar Wilde

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I still had about 8 quests left that I didn't do either, this is one long game.
    Quitter.

If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Quitter.

Divinity ending spoiler
    Spoiler
    -Oscar Wilde

The Mark of the Ninja http://www.gog.com/game/mark_of_the_...pecial_edition . Don't dismiss it because it is 2D, as far as stealth games go it really is brilliant, the stealth mechanics work perfectly and it looks amazing, so much fun to play.

Also just started playing SCP Containment Breach which is free http://www.scpcbgame.com/ which seems pretty atmospheric...but yeah only just started this.

Quote Originally Posted by ant19 View Post
    Also just started playing SCP Containment Breach which is free http://www.scpcbgame.com/ which seems pretty atmospheric...but yeah only just started this.
    I think that game is still missing an ending, so be aware it may actually be impossible to beat.

I played it about a year ago and was frustrated that SCP-173 doesn't follow its own rules (it can randomly teleport through walls).

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Mark of the Ninja is a great game....such a solid piece of story telling with some great game mechanics. The special edition version looks to expand on an alreadyawesome game.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

9.0/10

+Fun as all hell
    +Easy to play, everything is intuitive
    +Perfect length

-sketchy performance at times

So, I got this game "free" with my Xbox sub and I decided to try it lastnight. Today and two long playsessions later I finished it, and it was wonderful. This game reminded me of the fact that games can just be fun. It felt like a Nintendo game honestly, in the best possible way. Highly recommended for anyone who just wants to have fun with a game.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 08-12-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    -Oscar Wilde

Finished Suikoden. Pretty good game with some rough edges (indicative of the time period) but inventory management was the only one that wasn't smoothed out by frameskip and save states on an emulator.

The obvious next choice is importing my data to Suikoden II though I may wait a little while and get some more time in on Persona 2: Innocent Sin first.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Finished Arkham City and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll probably grab Origins sometime next month if I can find a decent sale.

Now playing GTA 5 story mode & about to jump online with friends. Oh man, is this game a trip... bought it mainly for multi with friends, but the single player campaign is crazy fun.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Finished Arkham City and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll probably grab Origins sometime next month if I can find a decent sale.

Now playing GTA 5 story mode & about to jump online with friends. Oh man, is this game a trip... bought it mainly for multi with friends, but the single player campaign is crazy fun.
    I don't finish many single player games these days. However I did finish GTAV. And it was awesome. The whole campaign was fun as hell, 100% opposite from GTA !V.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

I have been playing Lucius and have just finished it and it was a struggle... For those who don't know, it is basically The Omen in game form. Which is a great premise, but they have made a very dull game. You are the Devil's son and you play a little boy from a rich family and you have to kill everyone in and around a big mansion one by one for no reason. Each target (ranging from maids, gardeners, chefs, family members, teachers etc) represents a mission and they are very very short. Hitman this aint, it is incredibly linear and there is only one way to kill the target. The ending is one of the most anticlimactic endings ever and it was frustrating that you couldn't off the dumbass annoying detective. 3/10.
    Last edited by ant19; 09-01-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Anyone else playing GTA 5 Online? We have a good group of friends that play, but all have time constraints, and it's tough to get 4-5 of us on at a time reliably. Anyone on here that wants to run with us is welcome, just let me know! We use the in-game voice comm, set to friends + crew.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->