The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 79

Sharky Forums

Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Helping SOE celebrate 10 years of EQ2 Bought the newest expansion and am leveling my Paladin up to 100.
    War... War never changes.

Back into Van Helsing. Still fun, but a bit of a slog now that I'm near the end. The Igor enemies are just annoying. Will move on to the sequel after this but I'm not sure that I'll want to import my character as I think I'm ready to try a different class.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

I'm just waiting for my copy of Persona Q to arrive.

No, *MY* new girlfriend!~ OpStar's Avatar
    Finished (well basically have 7 gathering missions left) Shadows of Mordor and it was amazing.
    |i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz|Corsair H100i w/ NF-F12s|MSI P67A-GD65 B3|32GB Corsair XMS3|GTX 780 SLi|Skullcandy Slyr|1x250GB Evo 1x500GB Evo 1x1TB Evo|3x32LN5300|Win 8 Pro|Corsair Air 540|eVGA Super Nova 1300GS|

Finished Van Helsing, thoughts are more or less what I posted before. Pretty fun game, and does a lot of things I really like, but a bit of a slog near the end and I'm glad to be done. Will wait a while until starting the sequel, but will definitely play the sequel.

Been playing quite a smattering of games over the last few days, but I ended up grabbing the newest Wolfenstein for ~$16 yesterday from Green Man Gaming and that is the "main" thing I've been playing the last couple of days. Pretty fun overall, about 3.6 hours in; has a lot of the things I don't like about modern AAA games, but I had heard enough good things about it to pull the trigger at the bargain price and thus far it has held up pretty well.

The "smattering" is mostly due to me getting a new laptop and being able to play some games on it in my living room that I couldn't play (very well) on my old laptop; Jamestown, Zombie Driver, Warframe, etc. On the old one, Jamestown ran slowly, Zombie Driver only ran well if it was literally the first thing I started up on it after turning the computer on, and Warframe actually ran surprisingly well in-game but the home base/hub has run terribly since they updated it a while back. The old one was 7 or 8 years old and wasn't a gaming laptop to begin with, so the things that ran well on it and didn't run well were surprising sometimes; Warframe (which is a modern 3D online-only 3rd person shooter) ran really well, for instance, but Rogue Legacy (which you would expect to run on weak hardware) only ran well if the laptop was plugged in to the wall, and even that wouldn't save the framerate if I grabbed an ancestor that had one of the more CPU intensive filters like near/far sighted or whatever the old-timey yellow filter was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I'm just waiting for my copy of Persona Q to arrive.

My copy arrived yesterday and kind of surprised me, wasn't supposed to show up until Tuesday. With the new laptop my home gaming time has mostly been dedicated to that but I'm heading out of town tomorrow so I may take my 3DS with me and get some time in.
    Last edited by monroeski; 11-29-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    My copy arrived yesterday and kind of surprised me, wasn't supposed to show up until Tuesday. With the new laptop my home gaming time has mostly been dedicated to that but I'm heading out of town tomorrow so I may take my 3DS with me and get some time in.
    I'm about 9 hours into it. I'm not liking it as much as Etrian Odyssey 4, but it's not a bad game. It really makes me want to go back and finish EO4.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just beat Batman: Arkham Orgins

It was okay. I consider it the weakest entry into the Arkham series and the loss in quality due to Rocksteady handing the reigns to another development studio really shows. It felt like a rehash of Arkham City but with an awkward plot and nothing really original to offer. I was especially disappointed by the Riddler challenges which was treated like a hasty afterthought and busy work. This is the first time I had no desire to 100% the collectible side missions because of how boring and repetitive they were. All in all this game felt like a cash cow thrown together to capitalize on the Arkham IP.

I'd recommend it if you are huge batman fan such that you sleep in Batman pajamas and secretly refer to your car as the batmobile.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    I haven't really beat a game in awhile. Too much work, not enough game time.

That being said, recently I've been playing Child of Light with the wife and it's a gorgeous game. Game mechanics are solid, it's very much a FF style RPG in a way. But man, the graphics and music are just fantastic.

Other than that, I've been playing one off games of something I've already beaten. Picked up Borderlands 2 to finally try out Tiny Tina's DLC, played a bit of SF:IV with some friends, and some Lego games with the wife.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I think I'm done with Prototype 2.

I've spent 6 hours with it and the game is a mess. It's the best way to describe this poorly mediocre and awkward game.

The controls are a mess. Often your character will flail about the screen instead of moving the way you need him to move to avoid not getting killed. For instance, you have to lock on to a target to grapple but before you can grapple you need to jump. However, you have to jump before you lock on to a target because if you lock on before hand the jump button will cause you to dodge and that will just move you into the path of the missile from the guy you can't see behind you. Its confusing as heck and in the end you'll just revert to mindless button mashing and avoid using the main akward "techniques" the game keeps ramming down your throat.

The porting to PC is a mess. Sound will randomly go out if you plug in headphones and you even have to discount your keyboard to prevent the game from crashing. It really is unbelievable but I guess with an opener like that it should be no surprise that game also fails from random stuttering and the occasional error bug that kills your game and drops you back to the desktop. I can honestly say that Prototype 2 is the buggiest port I've played in the last 5 years.

The story is a mess. The game starts with some army guy who's family dies from a virus outbreak. Distraught with generic grief he decides to go all lone wolf and kill the very super-powered mutant guy who he thinks is responsible. However, army guy ends up becoming a super-powered mutant himself once the other super-powered mutant guy sees his potential and convinces him that the private military kill squads in black trying to contain the virus are the real villains who unleashed it, until it turns out that said super-mutant guy is also a villain, but not really since... and..about then is when I stopped giving a ****. The game tries to throw so many plot twists and turns that at some point you get feed up and stop paying attention to the story. Sadly, once you do that you quickly see that the game itself is a recycle of the same 5 missions types over and over and over again.

Despite some flaws, I really liked Prototype 1 and I was a huge fan of Radical's (the developer) previous game The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. In both of the games Radical gave us a well organized sand box with tight controls and decent story that made progression fun.
    Prototype 2 had none of this and was just a god awful mess.

I'd recommend this game to anyone with poor taste.
    Last edited by taggart6; 12-10-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Beat Wolfenstein: The New Order a few days ago. Pretty fun overall, though it suffers from a lot of cliches.

Started up Spec Ops: The Line yesterday. Controls are janky ("run" and "bind to cover" are the same button, for instance, and "melee attack" and "vault over cover" are the same as well) but it seems decent enough so far an hour or so in. Combat is just wave after wave of enemies thrown at you which I imagine gets pretty dull later on. If I didn't know already that the game is only 5-6 hours or so long I may not continue but as is I'll probably finish it up this week sometime.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Beat Wolfenstein: The New Order a few days ago. Pretty fun overall, though it suffers from a lot of cliches.

Started up Spec Ops: The Line yesterday. Controls are janky ("run" and "bind to cover" are the same button, for instance, and "melee attack" and "vault over cover" are the same as well) but it seems decent enough so far an hour or so in. Combat is just wave after wave of enemies thrown at you which I imagine gets pretty dull later on. If I didn't know already that the game is only 5-6 hours or so long I may not continue but as is I'll probably finish it up this week sometime.
    Spec Ops, stay for the story. Combat is forgettable.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Spec Ops, stay for the story. Combat is forgettable.
    That's what I've heard, though I probably still wouldn't continue if not for the short overall length. May kick down the difficulty after not too much longer just to skim through it.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    That's what I've heard, though I probably still wouldn't continue if not for the short overall length. May kick down the difficulty after not too much longer just to skim through it.
    I do that frequently with games that I'm not entirely enamored with. I don't have time to "fight" games anymore lol.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Once you get used to them (and I cursed a lot in the beginning) the controls are OK. But as was said earlier, you don't play that game for the combat. You play for the story. *edit* In fact play on easy, even that becomes a chore later on. I would even suggest a "god-mode" cheat, but I don't think the game has one.
    Last edited by Wurm; 12-15-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    War... War never changes.

Before I beat it I actually grew to like the combat outside of the waves and waves and waves of enemies they threw at you sometimes. I did kick it down to easy eventually (the aquatic colosseum was just too frustrating), but I liked how the enemies weren't bullet sponges at all, you yourself are not a bullet sponge and can go down really quickly if not careful, the ammo scarcity made you have to push forward often to loot enemies just so you would have something to shoot, and the mounted turrets were actually placed in locations that you could take relatively easy advantage of (an issue I have with a lot of games is that you have to jump through hoops to get to a turret that was clearly placed for you to use, and then it's not that useful anyway).
    Last edited by monroeski; 12-15-2014 at 01:17 PM.