The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 102

Sharky Forums

Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1666

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Anyone try Dawn of War III? I'm planning on building me a computer in the next few months and this is on my radar.
    AMD or Intel?

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    AMD or Intel?
    Going for the Ryzen..been a long time since I had some fun with an AMD rig! Loved my old athlon cpus. Kind of waiting for the Vega GPU release to see what is up with that, and sacking away some money..hopefuly by end of summer I'll be able to put something together. I was actually thinking of rebuilding my i5 system that is in the closet, but didn't feel like messing with the hassle of it all...so Xbox and save money then build a jam up Ryzen build.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Anyone try Dawn of War III? I'm planning on building me a computer in the next few months and this is on my radar.
    It's alright. I don't think it's as good as 1 or 2 but it's not a bad game.

Was talking to some guys at work about upcoming games we're looking forward to and I couldn't really think of anything off the top of my head. I've been waiting so long for Persona 5 that having it live up to expectations has me pretty much content, and I already have a few other games on hand that I'm either actively playing or plan to start next so I'm not really in need of any upcoming new releases.

I did start up Westerado: Double Barrelled a few days ago and like it so far. Combat controls and aiming take some getting used to (and I'm not used to it yet) but other than that it's a decent little indie game with some cool mechanics and premise.
    Last edited by monroeski; 05-05-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    It's alright. I don't think it's as good as 1 or 2 but it's not a bad game.
    Well, when I get up and running we will have to do some multiplayer. I actually want to play through DoWII as I also have retribution, but couldn't play on it until I finished DoWII. I liked how it is a lazy man's RTS. I can actually keep up with what's going on LOL.
    Xbox Series X

Got 9 more matches in Heroes of the Storm to go this weekend to finish up the Nexus 2.0 event. Other than that it's mostly still just Persona 5 for me. Want to get back into Thumper or maybe start Cosmic Star Heroine soon.

Got my new PC built..minus a new GPU because all the bitcoin miners are hogging all the RX570/580 supplies right now, so I'm holding it down with my old HD5850. Going to start dawn of war II tonight and play some heroes of the storm..my GPU still plays those games fine, and I bought it back in 2009! LOL
    here's my new build:
    Ryzen 5 1600
    AS Rock X370 Taichi
    2x8GB Geil Super Luce DDR4-2400
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO NvMe
    240GB PNY Sata III SSD (was using on my xbox one)
    1TB Seagate Barracuda basic storage drive
    Thermaltake GrandPower RGB 650w gold rated PSU
    Phanteks P400 black/red tempered glass edition
    XFX Black Edition HD5850 (either replace with RX580 8GB when available, or GTX1060 when I get tired of the roar of the fan with modern games while waiting for 580s to come back in stock)
    Xbox Series X

Adult Swim Games has quietly become a pretty major indie publisher, right up there with the Devolver types IMO.

They've got a Humble Bundle going right now that looks pretty good. I like Westerado and Volgarr, Rain World has been pretty high on my wishlist for a while, and Wasted and Headlander have had some issues mentioned in reviews that have kept me from pulling the trigger on them but as part of a bundle they seem alright. Duck Game seems pretty popular but personally I couldn't stand it when I tried it out on a free weekend a while back.

Great White Shark
    I've been playing Disgaea 5 on Switch and trying to get into it. I'm not sure the "snack-able" RTS thing is for me.

After playing a decent amount of Fire Emblem Heroes on the phone, Disgaea 5 seems like it's an even longer/grindier version of the same thing. And I'm not sure that's where my head is at. Am I just looking at it wrong?

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've been playing Disgaea 5 on Switch and trying to get into it. I'm not sure the "snack-able" RTS thing is for me.

After playing a decent amount of Fire Emblem Heroes on the phone, Disgaea 5 seems like it's an even longer/grindier version of the same thing. And I'm not sure that's where my head is at. Am I just looking at it wrong?
    They're turn-based strategy games, not really the same as an RTS. I haven't played Disgaea 5 yet but I've enjoyed previous entries and I can tell you that series goes way deeper than Fire Emblem Heroes does. With Fire Emblem Heroes you can set the game on Auto 99% of the time and have the same experience you would if you handled things manually. Disgaea battles tend to require more thought as you need to set up chains which require careful positioning, manipulation of the AI, and creative uses of the Throw mechanic.

Disgaea is also extremely grindy to the point that if you're going to do all the extra content you're going to be visiting the Item World frequently and reincarnating your dudes multiple times, likely going all the way up to level 9999 before bringing them back down to 1 each time so you can buff their stats to a ridiculous degree.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    just beat BOTW. Such a great game but the ending was ****. Got all the shrines and 62 of the side quests. I'm tempted to 100% it minus the seeds. not sure wha tto play next. Might do Nier: automation or Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Sushi
    Well I like strategic games not sure why they are not coming, nowadays I always play Rise of Nations from Microsoft.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    just beat BOTW. Such a great game but the ending was ****. Got all the shrines and 62 of the side quests. I'm tempted to 100% it minus the seeds. not sure wha tto play next. Might do Nier: automation or Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE.
    If you give it a few days, that will be a good time to revisit for the 100%. (First DLC)

Quote Originally Posted by robert4u View Post
    Well I like strategic games not sure why they are not coming, nowadays I always play Rise of Nations from Microsoft.
    Steel Division Normandy 44 and Dawn of War 3 are relatively new strategy games that are not bad.

Steam Summer Sale incoming starting tomorrow.

Picked up some actual old games that I always wanted to play but never got around to at the tail end of the GOG Summer Sale (Another World, Bad Mojo Redux, and Afterlife), and got Rogue Galaxy for free for the purchase, but all I really ever play anymore is Persona 5. I'd guess I'm over halfway through and still really enjoying it.