The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 91

Sharky Forums

Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I'm really enjoying FO4. I know a lot of people felt the intro was too rushy but I loved that it dropped you into the open world quickly. Really makes you feel out of place.

The new power armor mechanic is fantastic. Power armor actually feels like power armor now and not just another suit of buffs.

I'm not completely sold on the new perk/leveling system. I prefer the old method of leveling skills by actually using them through use with a few select-able perks to customize your character. The new system feels more hand-holding and it slows down character progression since you can only train one thing at a time. Breaks some of the immersion for me as well.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Yes it is, and no, I haven't. This game doesn't have much depth so I can sum it up pretty well even though I'm not finished (might be close though)

+responsive
    +colorful
    +fun atmosphere
    +Enjoyable combat, even if a little "button mashy"
    +Good difficulty curve
    +Good performance, has slight dips occasionally but no impact on gameplay

-AI will literally just stand there at times, it varies with different party members
    -No difficulty settings

The game is like a colorful version of Dead Rising I guess. It is pretty shallow and doesn't have an open world, everything is instanced. Overall I would say at this time I would give it a 8/10 or so. If you are in the mood for a turn off your brain game, this would fit that bill.
    I started playing this one yesterday and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The scale isn't huge like Hyrule Warriors but that makes this one feel a bit more like an oldschool beat-em-up. Also, it's really stupid but I love the humor that comes from the male main character trying to overthink and overplan everything only to get shut down immediately in favor of just charging in.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 12-04-2015 at 04:54 PM.

A few quick hits that I've been playing lately -

*Driver: San Francisco - still playing it, still liking it.
    *Deep Dungeons of Doom - Android game, fun so far with an hour or two put in but I feel like there are some early difficulty spikes that don't bode well for later.
    *Assault Android Cactus - good twin stick shooter. Played a demo a few years ago at PAX with some friends and loved it, haven't co-oped with the full version yet but single player is still lots of fun.
    *Snakebird - Puzzle game that I heard got real hard, REAL quick, and having now played a bit that is 100% correct. Some of these puzzles will take a long time to complete with very little margin for error in how you set up the early steps, I think.
    *Downwell - Super simple, super indie game that I'm liking a lot. Got it for $2, wouldn't spend more than that.
    Last edited by monroeski; 12-07-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    So I'm playing Lightning Returns: FFX-III (good lord) and while it isn't terrible, it definitely is not great. This XIII trilogy has really been bad and I am hoping XV is a return to good form, I am apprehensive though.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

So I'm playing Lightning Returns: FFX-III (good lord) and while it isn't terrible, it definitely is not great. This XIII trilogy has really been bad and I am hoping XV is a return to good form, I am apprehensive though.
    Haven't finished XIII yet, and thus haven't played XII-2 or Lightning Returns, but I think XIII gets a bad rap. It's not life changing or anything but if it didn't have the words "Final Fantasy" attached to it I don't think it would be nearly as hated as it is.
    Last edited by monroeski; 12-20-2015 at 07:07 PM.

A few quick hits for today -

The Breathe - pretty fun game for something that only lasts about 24 minutes. Paid 79 cents for it close to a year ago, and I would say I got my money's worth. Makes me want to hit up a lot more $1 or less games that last under an hour, honestly.
    The Moon Sliver - Again, decent enough game considering it only lasted 33 minutes. Felt extremely low budget, which it was. Paid $2.39 for this one about a year ago, would definitely have preferred less than a buck.
    Strider (2014) - Started it up today and like it a fair bit thus far. Does seem a bit repetitive. I'm about 2.5 hours in, which the internet tells me means I'm probably pretty close to halfway.
    Assault Android Cactus - Finally finished it today, really had a lot of fun. Still haven't played co-op yet, but I like what I've gotten out of the single player game and can see myself doing the daily level and at least one run on infinity mode every day. Wish there was an option to start those two on a higher difficulty level, though, so they didn't take quite so long for each run; with the way the battery/life system works, it really feels like I'm just wasting a lot of time in the beginning as no matter how badly you do all it takes is one or two good waves to get back to full battery and essentially have no penalty.
    Last edited by monroeski; 12-27-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Undertale. It was wonderful.

Just grabbed Undertale and plan to play it soon. How long does it take for the first play-through?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I am playing Elder Scrolls Online on PS4 and enjoying it. I'm level 27 now after 2 weeks of play and I'm engrossed in the PVP side. Pretty damn fun.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

I've been playing a lot of Ark, very good early access game and the dev team is really committed. I plan to put it down soon and then pick it back up after launch.
    -Oscar Wilde

Been playing a lot of different stuff lately.

Biz Builder Deluxe - Kairosoft mobile game. Most of their games really hit all the right notes for me. A few of them I don't like at all. Pretty early on this one but I think it's one of the ones I don't like at all.
    1001 Spikes - Bought this a while back but never gave it much of a chance as I had some performance issues with it (surprising since it looks like an NES game). Apparently my laptop has trouble with lots of really simple looking games, particularly 2D ones, if it isn't plugged into the wall. Decided to give it another shot and sure enough it runs fine so long as I'm plugged in. Pretty fun so far, though it's really difficult as well, oftentimes in that old school "not so much hard as cheap" kind of way. Still enjoying it overall.
    Lucidity - Not really what I expected. Your character is constantly moving to the right, and it's your job to place objects in the way (springs, ramps, etc.) to get her safely from point A to point B. Kind of mixed on this one thus far.
    The Beginner's Guide - Liked it a lot. Highly recommend if you're at all into walking simulators, though it got a bit overdramatic at the end IMO.
    Hydrophobia - Liked it a lot. Worth the price if you can get it in a sale, probably wouldn't buy at full price. Fun little 3rd person shooter, but outside of the nice water physics and relatively unique setting it doesn't do too much that's memorable. Only 4 hours long or so, so it doesn't overstay its welcome. Clearly meant to be the first part of a much longer story that will likely never come.
    Cloudbuilt - Like this one a lot so far but if the difficulty spikes much more than it already is I could see myself quitting out of frustration. Controls definitely take some getting used to, but I'm getting there.
    Ittle Dew - Pretty short little Zelda-like that I would recommend. Very clean and polished, some puzzle solutions were really cool. Only 3 hours long or so, nice for a quick little diversion.

I've been playing a lot of Ark, very good early access game and the dev team is really committed. I plan to put it down soon and then pick it back up after launch.
    What server are you playing on? I plan to get back into it after launch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    What server are you playing on? I plan to get back into it after launch as well.
    I don't play on official servers. It is way too grindy for me so I play local only and I might look into it at launch but only if they have official modified servers.
    -Oscar Wilde

Finished up Not a Hero the other day. Liked it a lot. Some describe it as a cross between Hotline Miami and Gunpoint, and while I haven't played Gunpoint yet I do agree that it felt like Hotline Miami. I didn't really like Hotline Miami, though, while I thoroughly enjoyed Not a Hero.

Trailer

Beat my first play-through of Undertale. Really solid game that I recommend to all.
    Last edited by taggart6; 01-23-2016 at 04:25 PM.