The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 101

Sharky Forums

Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Just finished Steamworld Dig. Pretty fun little game that plays like across between Metroid and Dig Dug. Ending was kinda abrupt and its pretty short.
    I beat it in around 8.5 hours. Liked it for the most part. Thinking of picking up Steamworld Heist when it's on sale.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I will make an attempt to beat you. I will likely not succeed.

EDIT: I have succeeded.
    Check again.
    Last edited by monroeski; 03-07-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Stray gaming observations over the past month as I haven't been completing any games:

• Blood Bowl 2 is so great. I'm advancing to the playoffs in the league I've been playing in. I was tied for second in my division after 11 weeks. Yay.
    • Nioh is pretty good. It goes a little too heavily into the loot aspect for me to really love it, but the game is fun to play.
    • Zelda is pretty dang good. I keep trying to dodge like Nioh and it's getting me killed.
    • My progress in painting my actual tabletop Blood Bowl team has stalled because I can't make it to the FLGS as often as I'd like and everyone there just plays Age of Sigmar anyway. I heard rumor of another local shop that has a bunch of Blood Bowl players, so I'll need to see what the crowd there is like and if they have a league going.
    • I bought like 60 orcs and now I'm playing Age of Sigmar. I suck at painting them. The game is fun. The time commitment required to paint them is crazy. I should just throw a total of 3 colors on each guy and call it a day.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 03-07-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Great White Shark
    Finished Breath of the Wild. Love that game. My wife and I tag teamed the shrines and divine beast puzzles, but mostly it was me who did the grind for leveling up gear, etc.

I'm stuck at 99.33/100% right now. Apparently I'm missing a few locations on the map. (Each location discovered is worth .08% or something, so I'm missing 8-9 locations.)

I would wholeheartedly recommend it with a Pro controller. the Joycon's are a bit cramped for my tastes.

Next up is finishing unlocking all achievements in Tales of Zestiria before switching over to the God Eater games.

I've also been playing Fire Emblem Heroes, Super Mario Run, and still ever more FFRK on my tablet, but those are daily "checkin" games more than actual sit down and play for hours affairs.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Are you going to find all the seeds?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Are you going to find all the seeds?
    Yes. Already done actually. The Korok seeds are ~70% of your total completion rating. I have found all the seeds, all the side quests and shrine quests. I'm apparently just 8-10 location discoveries short of 100%. It's weird, I would have thought traipsing around looking for seeds all over the map would have also netted me all the locations. Seems I was wrong.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Really been in a rut as far as game playing, hard finding something I'm interested in playing, so I've mostly just been killing time in Marvel Heroes and Overwatch. Started up some playthroughs of Shadowrun and Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons (both Genesis versions) a while back, the two games I've probably replayed the most in my life, but didn't play either to completion. Started Mu Cartographer a while back as well, it's pretty interesting and really unlike any other game I've ever played, just haven't felt much like playing again for a while. Most recently started up Thumper a few days ago; it's a rhythm game/runner in the vein of Bit.Trip Beat if Bit.Trip Beat was an actual NES game and Thumper was the fully 3D version of what happened to the genre 30 years later.

Should be getting Persona 5 on Thursday which I'm hoping will break the rut. Been waiting years for it to come out as the game that would sell me a PS4.

Sushi
    Last game I beat was Tombraider, and the game before that Uncharted.
    Now I mostly play Payday2 and I'm not so sure there is an end of it ..

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Any tips for doing this? I think I'm only in the 100 or 200s in seeds. Also, where is that stupid guy to upgrade my pouches?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Started up Persona 5 last week and it's great so far. Story got a lot darker a lot quicker than I remember previous games going, though.

I beat Zelda a couple weeks ago. It was really good! No way in hell am I going after all those seeds but I'll definitely go back in to play around and find some of the shrines I missed.

Now I'm playing Persona 5 which I agree feels like it went real dark real fast. It's great so far.

Still playing in this Blood Bowl 2 league. I'm in the semifinals now and I'm starting to sweat. I'm afraid some werewolves are going to kill my best players in my next game.

I rarely finish games anymore..I play one game solid for a couple weeks then move on thinking I'll get back to it then something bright and shiny appears before my eyes..and I play that solid for two weeks..ad naseum
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

I lost my semifinals game! And one of the Werewolves I was afraid of ended up killing a level 3 Black Orc.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkKc9ldL6_E

Now I get to play one more to see if I place 3rd or 4th.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 04-18-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Great White Shark
    Think I might try the God Eater series next.

Just finished Yooka Laylee. 100% time ~30 hours. This is a game of two minds. Or maybe it's a hipster's interpretation of classic games? I don't know. I'm giving it a B-,C+.

Pros:
    The game is amazingly colorful and accurate to the Banjo Kazooie aesthetic. Sometimes to a fault.
    Controls are super tight and responsive.
    Decent level of challenge in finding the hidden objects.
    Beautiful levels and decently funny creatures/conversations throughout them.

Cons:
    Controls are super tight and responsive. Banjo Kazooie got away with it's platforming due to some wiggle room in the accuracy of your controls. (Floaty might be the right word?) Analog controls allowed for finesse. All digital remakes of the controls take away that wiggle room and become punishing.

The Arcade Mini games. It's like a spoiled brat coder decided it would be funny to show how horrible "old school" arcade games are. But they've made them way worse than any game I've ever played. The controls are both super accurate (recording every input) and laggy as F#*(& (Taking seconds to play back those inputs.)
    - They have a Flappy Bird clone as a "classic arcade game". 'Nuff said.

The Menus. It's like they played Banjo Kazooie/Tooie and decided "How can we take the classic menu systems and make people hate them? Answer: Slowing them down, removing the ability to naturally rollover to the beginning of a list when scrolling, and again lagging inputs. To exit the game you have to go to the main menu, the options menu, the quit game option, and confirm.

Honestly with cleaned up menus and no "retro" arcade game mini games, this game is fine. It's even an excellent homage to the Rare platformers of the past.

Because of those arcade mini games though, I will never play this game again. I backed this on Kickstarter. My name is one of the thousands on the overly long special thanks scroll at the end of the game (I'm "James" in the credits).

I think I'm just old. But I went back and played Banjo Kazooie on both n64 and Xbox 360 yesterday, and none of the frustrations were there. That game and it's sequel are fine, classic platformers. Menus work as expected, inputs work as expected.

Yooka Laylee is the reimagining of that formula that fell short due to trying too hard to highlight how bad old games were.

Overall, I would recommend it for people not looking to 100% the game when it is less than $4.
    Last edited by James; 05-01-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Anyone try Dawn of War III? I'm planning on building me a computer in the next few months and this is on my radar.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X