The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 100

Sharky Forums

Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Played through Momodora 1 through 3 before New Year's, and I'm currently going through 4. 1 is pretty rough but they have gotten better with every iteration. 4 (Reverie Under the Moonlight) so far feels like it should be in the Metroidvania tier right below the handful of all time classics.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Monroeski - Did you ever play any of the Zachtronics games? If you're into puzzle games (based on your enjoyment of the HexCells games it seems that you are) you may love some of their stuff.

I have an extra Steam key for Infinifactory if you'd like it.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Started playing Final Fantasy Explorers that I got for Christmas. It's a Monster Hunter-esque game. Lots of grinding for drops to upgrade gear.
    I got that one a while ago but never played more than an hour or two. How long does it take to get past the "kill 5 goblins" style quests and actually get to the Monster Hunter style hunts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Monroeski - Did you ever play any of the Zachtronics games? If you're into puzzle games (based on your enjoyment of the HexCells games it seems that you are) you may love some of their stuff.

I have an extra Steam key for Infinifactory if you'd like it.
    I think I played SpaceChem for an hour or two. Was fun but didn't grab me enough to remember to start it up more than once or twice. I think I have all the Zachtronics games on wishlists on some website or another (Steam or GOG).

I like a good puzzle game once in a while though 'm a bit picky on them a lot of the time; HexCells was fun at first, for example, but by the end of the first game and about midway through the second I felt the puzzles got a bit too large and strategizing seemed a little aimless. Finding the right cells to fill in in the early- to mid-parts of the larger puzzles seemed more like "needle in a haystack" than true logic at times, and honestly I found the "?" cells they added to be cheap difficulty. No interest in starting the third one right now.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a free copy of Infinifactory. I didn't like staring at the screen without clicking anything for 20-30 minutes in Hexcells but Infinifactory seems a bit more hands-on/trial-and-error.
    Last edited by monroeski; 01-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.

PM'd at ya.

Great White Shark
    Finally 100% finished Tales of Symphonia and started Tales of Zestiria. Was annoyed that I ended up having to use a patch to get one of the title awards due to bad code on the Steam port.

Zestiria is an interesting follow up to Symphonia. It's several generations of Tales game later, and a lot seems to have changed.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Beat Resident Evil 7. I thought it was cool.

Next: Spending more time with Blood Bowl 2, starting up Pit People with my buddy Mike, and looking forward to For Honor.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 02-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Haven't started Infinifactory yet, but I did start English Country Tune, another puzzle game. Liking it a lot so far. First few worlds had their own unique mechanics but now they're starting to mix things up.

Sushi
    Call Of Duty 4, loved it. Not sure what next. Will update when decision is made!

Who's got two thumbs and just beat Kama's Devil Daggers score by 18.3 seconds?

::edit::
    Make that 30.99.
    Last edited by monroeski; 02-21-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Great White Shark
    Still finishing Tales of Zestiria (100%). I've been through the game twice now, and I have to say, aside from the grinding for max stats, all the achievements, this is a MUCH shorter game than previous Tales games I've played (Symphonia and Vesperia.)

I'd recommend it for fans of the series and/or JRPG's, but overall it's meh for me in terms of storyline.

My friends are simultaneously trying to get me to play Pit People and Super Dungeon Tactics.

My wife and I have been playing Fire Emblem Heroes recently. Another FTP/PTW mobile game form Nintendo, but it seems fine, I like the tactics vs. FFRK's general "start a battle and let the computer handle it" approach.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I burned out on Fire Emblem Heroes pretty quickly. Felt like I ran into the "you didn't roll the right guys so you just can't beat this level" wall early on.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Who's got two thumbs and just beat Kama's Devil Daggers score by 18.3 seconds?

::edit::
    Make that 30.99.
    I will make an attempt to beat you. I will likely not succeed.

EDIT: I have succeeded.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 02-27-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Still finishing Tales of Zestiria (100%). I've been through the game twice now, and I have to say, aside from the grinding for max stats, all the achievements, this is a MUCH shorter game than previous Tales games I've played (Symphonia and Vesperia.)

I'd recommend it for fans of the series and/or JRPG's, but overall it's meh for me in terms of storyline.
    I hear good things about Berseria so I'm thinking of picking that up in a sale down the road. I tried out Symphonia way back on the GC and got a ways into Vesperia but didn't beat either and haven't tried any of the other games in the series.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just finished Steamworld Dig. Pretty fun little game that plays like across between Metroid and Dig Dug. Ending was kinda abrupt and its pretty short.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.