The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 74

Sharky Forums

Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1666

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

That Divinity game looks sick!
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    That Divinity game looks sick!
    I put a few hours into it right now and man is it impressive. The game is huge and the interaction with spells and the environment is impressive as heck. It feels like I'm playing an updated version of Balder's Gate but with Magika style turn based battle system. Its so interactive and pretty difficult at times.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Tomb Raider was a blast. Playing as a Cyberdyne Systems T-X errrr Lara Croft you take more abuse as Paul Sheldon in Misery, kill more people than George R.R. Martin and climb more things than Sir Edmund Hillary.

I finished the game with a 96% finished rating, which could have easily been 100% if I had of felt like wandering around in the first two areas looking for little dream-catchers to shoot or picking mushrooms for no reason in the 7th area but I didn't. I finished that up afterwards.

The QTE events are thankfully mostly in the beginning of the game, and other than 2 boss fights nowhere to be found in the later game. The puzzles are neat, nothing too frustrating, but they will require you to think.

It is not a game for the weak of heart though, its one of the most brutal games I've ever played, and not because of the combat. Lara has more gruesome death animations than Dead Space's Issac Clarke and thats saying a lot.

I'm going to give this one a solid 8.5 out of 10, and I do foresee playing it again.
    War... War never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    It is not a game for the weak of heart though, its one of the most brutal games I've ever played, and not because of the combat. Lara has more gruesome death animations than Dead Space's Issac Clarke and thats saying a lot.
    The only game that made me want to avoid death purely based on how cringey the death animations were.

I loved how they
    Spoiler
    As a long-time fan of the series, that made me so happy.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 07-19-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    The only game that made me want to avoid death purely based on how cringey the death animations were.

I loved how they
    Spoiler
    As a long-time fan of the series, that made me so happy.
    Yes and OMG Yes!

Little under an hour in to Abyss Odyssey, and I like it a lot so far.

Also playing the original Suikoden for PS1, about 3 hours in or so, and also liking it a lot so far.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Finished Spec Ops: The Line this weekend.

Really enjoyed the story, the combat was fun (and at times overwhelming) but the story definitely made the game.
    Last edited by Wurm; 07-22-2014 at 09:28 AM.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    The story in Spec Ops is the best I've ever played in a FPS by a mile.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Enjoying what I've played of Abyss Odyssey, but I'm only about two hours in according to Steam and I already feel like I'm running out of content. Only had three runs into the dungeon and on my third one I'm pretty sure I made it to the final boss (unless there is some kind of "true form" after I beat the one I died against). Did unlock the second character on that run so I guess I have that to switch it up but I can definitely confirm that the complaints about the game having a lack of content ring true.

::edit::

Played some more yesterday, and beat the game on my fourth overall try (first run of yesterday). After that I tried out the new character I had unlocked, thinking it would be fun to start over at level 1 with only a few skills, but I beat the game on my first try with him.

I'll probably put in whatever time it takes to get the third character but after that I'll be moving on pretty quickly I think.
    Last edited by monroeski; 07-23-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Just finished Shovel Knight. An enjoyable little game.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Enjoying what I've played of Abyss Odyssey, but I'm only about two hours in according to Steam and I already feel like I'm running out of content. Only had three runs into the dungeon and on my third one I'm pretty sure I made it to the final boss (unless there is some kind of "true form" after I beat the one I died against). Did unlock the second character on that run so I guess I have that to switch it up but I can definitely confirm that the complaints about the game having a lack of content ring true.

::edit::

Played some more yesterday, and beat the game on my fourth overall try (first run of yesterday). After that I tried out the new character I had unlocked, thinking it would be fun to start over at level 1 with only a few skills, but I beat the game on my first try with him.

I'll probably put in whatever time it takes to get the third character but after that I'll be moving on pretty quickly I think.
    FYI...I hear that the devs will alter the enemies and bosses after the final boss is defeated a certain number of times "globally". I think th epoint is to continually refresh the game.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    FYI...I hear that the devs will alter the enemies and bosses after the final boss is defeated a certain number of times "globally". I think th epoint is to continually refresh the game.
    I've heard the same, but I'm not interested enough in the game to do all that many runs myself and by the time things start getting altered I'll have likely moved on.

I've played for under 4 hours and already beat the game (on base difficulty, admittedly) twice (and I was a hair away from doing it a third time). On the last two runs (the ones where I beat it) I was getting bored only about a third of the way in or so. I've never lost to the violinist; even though he's portrayed as being a tough challenge (if you accept the item he offers the downside is he'll hunt you down) I've found him easier than normal enemies. Enemy levels don't scale at all, so things will only get easier. The black walls that show up when the game wants you to beat X number of enemies before progressing are glitchy; enemies get trapped behind them sometimes, they can't hurt you while behind them but you can hurt them, etc. Loot is completely uninteresting after only about 30 or 40 minutes.

It feels to me right now like the first stage of an early release game. The community progression system just doesn't seem to be implemented all that well IMO; the content is extremely lacking right now, but the only way to get new content is to put a ton of hours into this boring version before getting the more interesting version. The gates for adding new content just take too much work.
    Last edited by monroeski; 07-24-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Great White Shark
    Now playing: FarCry 3. Enjoying it immensely.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

This weekend I finished The Wolf Among Us. I loved it!

Finished the new Wolfenstein, plus did most of the achievements. Loved the nightmare where he goes back to old school. Good graphics, good story, wished content was longer.