The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 83

Sharky Forums

Page 83 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1668

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Cities Skylines is pretty cool. It's a bit easy, but fun.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I hear good things about it. Might pick it up at the next steam sale. Still playing MH4U which is just so goddamn fantastic.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Still playing MH4U which is just so goddamn fantastic.
    MH4U is awesome! I'm still doing the high rank caravan quests, I'm at the point where I need to kill a Pink Rathian but it's kicking my *** so I think I finally need to upgrade my armor.

Just over 5 years after I started playing it, I beat Zombie Driver last night. Pretty fun game, just gets a bit repetitive.

Started up Dreamfall Chapters and I'm liking it a lot thus far. I originally started it up back when it launched but decided to put off playing any more until I got some screenshot software, as there were a lot of scenes I wanted to capture but using PrtScn and alt-tabbing to paste it into MS Paint was tedious. Learned an interesting trick that I was unaware of: you can use steam to take screenshots with the F12 key even if you're playing a non-Steam game (I own Dreamfall Chapters on GOG, not Steam) just by adding the non-Steam game to your library in the software. I always knew you could add games like that, but I always just thought it was a glorified shortcut; apparently you are still able to use some Steam functionality, like the F12 screenshots and the shift+tab overlay menu.

Also started replaying some Rogue Legacy. Got to the third playthrough a few years ago and dropped the game, but I have a couple of friends that started it up recently and it made me want to jump back in for a while.

Learned an interesting trick that I was unaware of: you can use steam to take screenshots with the F12 key even if you're playing a non-Steam game just by adding the non-Steam game to your library in the software. I always knew you could add games like that, but I always just thought it was a glorified shortcut; apparently you are still able to use some Steam functionality, like the F12 screenshots and the shift+tab overlay menu.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    8.5/10

+300, the video game version
    +Gorgeous
    +Enjoyed the gameplay

-Performance issues from session to session

I really liked this game and do not understand the hate it got. It is easily one of the best if not the best looking games I have ever played. The story while not exactly memorable was decent enough and the gameplay was really fun. I picked it up for about $8 awhile back and would not have regretted anything under $25.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 03-17-2015 at 08:32 AM.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

I have been playing Pillars of Eternity, it seems pretty fun so far but man, it is one ugly game. Even downsampling from 4k doesn't improve the quality.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I have been playing Pillars of Eternity, it seems pretty fun so far but man, it is one ugly game. Even downsampling from 4k doesn't improve the quality.
    The backgrounds are all pre-rendered, so increasing the resolution is only going to make things worse. I like the way it looks up to a certain zoom level when things start getting blurry and the 3D characters stick out like a sore thumb.

Overall I'm enjoying the game a lot.

That makes sense as it reminds me of emulating a psx game. I wouldn't say it is detrimental to the overall quality, but it is as close as any game I have gotten.
    -Oscar Wilde

Finished Bound by Flame yesterday. Decent little action RPG with forgettable story and mildly interesting characters. Kinda reminded me of Dragon Age II in the way that it played and also the game world is confined in the same manner. You find materials along your journey that allow you to upgrade your weapons/armor. Also get to craft mana and health potions along with crossbow bolts. Three classes: 2 handed sword warrior, 2 dagger Ranger, and Pyro mage. Can max out one skill tree easy and dabble in the others by end game. Wasn't a terrible game at all, just hard to recommend unless you get it cheap. 2.5/5

Need to finish Sniper 2 Ghost Warrior but got sidetracked by Halo Spartan Assault.

Mixing it up with a few games lately as the mood strikes me; Dreamfall Chapters and Pillars of Eternity are the more "serious" games I play when I have extended periods of time, and other than that I'm playing Zombie Driver, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Rogue Legacy, Nuclear Throne, Astebreed, and Savant: Ascent.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is pretty much all I'm playing. Played 3 hours of Pillars of Eternity and I liked what I played, but I'm waiting for the first couple of patches since its an Obsidian game.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is pretty much all I'm playing. Played 3 hours of Pillars of Eternity and I liked what I played, but I'm waiting for the first couple of patches since its an Obsidian game.
    Apparently the first patch just came out and it's about a gig.

So I'm glad I had to use cheats to get unstuck in Pillars of Eternity. So much for Obsidian and only releasing buggy games because of publisher constraints.
    -Oscar Wilde

I played through the newest DLC for Sunset Overdrive on Saturday. Like the last one, it was great but over too soon. The two new weapons are cool and one of them made me say "holy ****" when I first fired it and kept me in a state of "this is so awesome" for the remainder of the mission where it was given to me... now I need to collect a few thousand more cans so I can afford to unlock it forever.

The new explorable area isn't bad, but it doesn't feel as interesting or unique as the oil rig from the first DLC. Also like the first DLC, you can't just wander into or out of the new area organically, you need to use fast travel to go to and fro.

This DLC gives you access to Boo-Boo the killer robodog again, but like the first time around, you only get him for one mission and then the game takes it away. I know they don't plan on releasing any more campaign DLC but I would love for Insomniac to make that damn dog available as permanent unlock in some form of DLC. It's the most overpowered thing in the game and would trivialize any battle scenario, but I don't care, I want it.

I didn't get to try any of the new traps or amps in this DLC pack, so I can't say how awesome they are.

Even more sidetracked by Forza Fast and Furious. Good little arcade game. Plays similar to Horizon. Very limited game world and only 10 cars plus a few secret ones. However, it's free on Live until sometime this month so you can hardly complain. Took maybe 4.5 hours to complete the game and get 1000 gs. Not gonna rate this one.....

I did try to get back to Sniper 2. Geez, there is this one part where I'm stuck so bad. Played for over an hour without progress the other day. Frustrating. Will try again another day!