The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 103

Sharky Forums

Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I still have Persona 3 and 4 I need to play. Are they even worth playing at this point?
    Last edited by taggart6; 06-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Steam Summer Sale incoming starting tomorrow.

Picked up some actual old games that I always wanted to play but never got around to at the tail end of the GOG Summer Sale (Another World, Bad Mojo Redux, and Afterlife), and got Rogue Galaxy for free for the purchase, but all I really ever play anymore is Persona 5. I'd guess I'm over halfway through and still really enjoying it.
    I hit a wall with Persona 5 and now I don't know if I have the drive to see it through to the end. I'm hoping it's just a hump and not a reflection of what is to come, but my god man my current dungeon and the story surrounding it is boring as hell.

Spoiler
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 06-22-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I hit a wall with Persona 5 and now I don't know if I have the drive to see it through to the end. I'm hoping it's just a hump and not a reflection of what is to come, but my god man my current dungeon and the story surrounding it is boring as hell.

Spoiler
    Same part I'm at, and agree with some of what you say, though I'm still liking it.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    I still have Persona 3 and 4 I need to play. Are they even worth playing at this point?
    I would say they're all definitely still worth playing but it probably just comes down to how much time you want to devote, as all three can easily be 100+ hour games.

There's really nothing else out there like these games, so if you end up enjoying one of them your only options for something similar are another game from the same series.

I haven't tried going back to a previous game after playing a newer one, but I would guess it's a bit tough. Each new iteration adds a lot of polish and helpful features while removing some of the negatives.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

my current dungeon
    I knew there was something weird about this dungeon from the way Sae talked about it in the interrogation.

Spoiler

Also, theory as to who the main bad guy is, or at least a person of major interest -

Spoiler
    Last edited by monroeski; 06-26-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Played a bit of the zelda update. Got killed by the master trials.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Last night I finished Shadowrun Returns. I've moved on to Shadowrun Dragonfall. Apparently after finishing that I can mess around with a bunch of mods for the game. I've also been tinkering in player unknown's battlegrounds some.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Also, theory as to who the main bad guy is, or at least a person of major interest -

Spoiler
    Spoiler

I picked up Samurai Warriors 4-II on the PSN sale that's going on right now. It's a nice palate cleanser.

Final tally for the Steam sale was just Tembo the Badass Elephant, Stephen's Sausage Roll, and some $.49 DLC for Dungeon of the Endless.

As I was paring down the list to things I really wanted I kept thinking that I'd rather be spending the money on something like a game for an old console instead. May pick up the two Lost Kingdoms games sometime soon.

Spoiler
    Only thing that gives me pause is that

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    Last night I finished Shadowrun Returns. I've moved on to Shadowrun Dragonfall. Apparently after finishing that I can mess around with a bunch of mods for the game. I've also been tinkering in player unknown's battlegrounds some.
    I got a few hours into Shadowrun Returns at launch and really wasn't feeling it. Felt pretty half baked.

I've been wanting to go back to it since the patches and expansions polished it and added some functionality (like mid-battle saves). May skip the base game and just go straight to Hong Kong and Dragonfall, though.
    Last edited by monroeski; 07-05-2017 at 02:14 PM.

I got a few hours into Shadowrun Returns at launch and really wasn't feeling it. Felt pretty half baked.

I've been wanting to go back to it since the patches and expansions polished it and added some functionality (like mid-battle saves). May skip the base game and just go straight to Hong Kong and Dragonfall, though.
    It was pretty basic, that's for sure..but the story was good enough for me. I thought of it as a PnP session and was able to get through. The final boss battle is a pain.. For their first game off kickstarter it was good. The second one has expanded on it and you can tell there is a lot more polish and depth. The combat system, gear, etc has improved. There are also quite a few user made campaigns that add to it.

Now, with all that being said..all the research I've done lately on the game was 1. If you are a shadowrun fan, read the original books, maybe played the original RPG..then it is worth it to just start with Returns, go to Dragonfall, and then Hong Kong. 2. However, if you are only an RPG fan and theme/turn base/some other thing hooked your interest in the game, then skip it all and just do Hong Kong as it is most polished.
    Xbox Series X

It was pretty basic, that's for sure..but the story was good enough for me. I thought of it as a PnP session and was able to get through.
    Patches and some bigger upgrades when the expansions came out have resulted in a lot of QoL improvements between the launch version I played and the 2017 version you played. Being able to save anywhere is the big one (used to have no way to suspend battles at all) but there was a smattering of other changes as well.

When I jump back in at some point I'll at least try the first one again but it will be on a short leash. Honestly 70+ hours for the whole series is generally more than I put into anything these days so given the likelihood I won't make it all the way through all 3 anyway (unless they REALLY agree with me) it wouldn't hurt to cut the first one short.

So close to the end of Persona 5 and I think I have one single confidant that may not make it to level 10 (Tower). Currently at 8. I have enough days left to finish it in theory but his availability is pretty spotty, and at least 3 days are no-gos because of the final dungeon and one last mementos trip.

Don't laugh to hard fellas..but I started playing SWTOR MMO and I'm freaking hooked...haven't played an MMO since I stopped my sub on LOTRO years ago. Now that I have my own desktop I downloaded SWTOR to check it out and I can't stop playing! I subbed for 6 months, so I'm entrenched in it until the end of the year LOL.
    Xbox Series X

Don't laugh to hard fellas..but I started playing SWTOR MMO and I'm freaking hooked...haven't played an MMO since I stopped my sub on LOTRO years ago. Now that I have my own desktop I downloaded SWTOR to check it out and I can't stop playing! I subbed for 6 months, so I'm entrenched in it until the end of the year LOL.
    Oh dear.

Oh dear.
    I know right? The story is excellent and it is at a perfect pace for me.
    Xbox Series X

Playing Hollow Knight right now. Fun little game, but the lack of a focused story telling bothers me since I have no idea where to go and have to look up help online.