The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 11

Sharky Forums

Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Just finished Dead Space and I'm really glad I bought that game.

As far as I'm concerned this is as much the heir of System Shock as Bioshock is.
    Professional lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_T View Post

As far as I'm concerned this is as much the heir of System Shock as Bioshock is.
    Way more action than System Shock but I truly believe EA's System Shock 3 project ended up becoming Dead Space.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_T View Post

Yes, Dead Space caught me by surprise. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect, and really wasn't expecting much.

Turned out to be the best survival horror experience I'd had since Silent Hill 4.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

I've just beaten BC2 (2nd time 'round) and I've moved on to HL2 Cinematic Mod v7 and I'm somewhere in the Ravenholm level. Will play Ep1 and Ep2 after I'm done with it. Also will be playing Serious Sam SE HD when it's released on the 28th, already pre-ordered it btw.
    Save Ana
    http://www.jpages.net/HelpAna.htm

Main Rig - All AMD build: R9 3900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB 3600CL17 Patriot ViperRGB | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung QVO SATA SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 6TB WD Black | Corsair HX 1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Samsung LC49HG90DMEXX 32:9 | iFi Micro iDSD BL | LG SL8YG Soundbar | 64bit Win10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Way more action than System Shock but I truly believe EA's System Shock 3 project ended up becoming Dead Space.
    I didn't know they had it once, interesting and I concur with the feeling (I don't know how many times I had Von Braun flashbacks walking through a bloody graffiti covered corridor, or listening to a creepy audio log...)
    Professional lurker

Great White Shark
    I'm on the last boss of borderlands, and I've cleaned up all of the add-on content (except underdome). I've really enjoyed this game, for both the general gameplay (Diablo+guns) and the humor and pop-culture references throughout. (Random aside: I could swear that Lance Henriksen does the voice of Mr. Shank. lol)

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Borderlands is also my last game I beat, including the second play through. I definitely liked the game a lot. I really liked the art style/graphics, which after watching videos I wasn't sure how I would feel about them but as it turned out I really like the direction they went.

I also liked the humor and all the various weapons and loot upgrades throughout the game. I really got the feeling of a Diablo type game crossed with Unreal Tournament, which a lot of games have tried and failed, but I personally think Borderlands pulled off very well.

I haven't bought the add-on content yet, but I would really like too, I'm just hoping Steam puts it on sale sometime in the near future.

I've already heard the rumors of Borderlands 2 in the making, and it will for sure be on my buy list.

As far as the next game goes, I am not sure yet what I will be playing. As we move into Spring/Summer, my gaming goes way down and I spend a lot more time doing outdoor activities, so time will tell. I do plan on giving WoW: Cataclysm a chance though, but I doubt that game will be out before November/Dec so I've got some time to fill
    Last edited by Gar; 04-19-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    Sharky Extreme 3DMark Team
    i5-750 @ 3.15Ghz w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212+||Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3||4x2GB Corsair XMS3||Gigabyte HD 5850||Corsair 650HX PSU||Dell 2405||Win7 HP

Jexx11 on Xbox360 & Steam
    gar on Xfire
    Currently Playing: 360: CoD MW 2, PC: WoW, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Black Ops

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    I'm waiting for the Borderlands content to go on sale as well. I think 10 to much for them.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    I'm waiting for the Borderlands content to go on sale as well. I think 10 to much for them.
    For Moxxi I would 1000% agree, Dr.Ned I would also agree but to a much lesser extent and General Knoxx is well worth the $10. That expansion is hilarious, I haven't laughed at a game so much since Giants: Citizen Kabuto.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    For Moxxi I would 1000% agree, Dr.Ned I would also agree but to a much lesser extent and General Knoxx is well worth the $10. That expansion is hilarious, I haven't laughed at a game so much since Giants: Citizen Kabuto.
    Indeed.
    "I work for children. Seriously, the Admiral is 5. 5! God I hate this job." - Gen. Knoxx

I love Gen. Knoxx, he's awesome lol. And Mr. Shank is hilarious too. Definitely worth $10.

My estimates on value of content:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Island of Dr. Ned - $7.50
    Moxxi - $2.50 (worth it at this price for item storage alone.)
    Gen. Knoxx - $12.50 My only complaint is no fast travel to the latter part of the expansion.
    Last edited by James; 04-20-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Single player 6/10
    Multiplayer 9/10

Single player is about exactly what you would expect from a Battlefield story, glorified training, granted it is better than MW2's story but that isn't saying much. We all know why we are here and it is for multiplayer.

Multiplayer (lvl 23 at time of posting) is generally a blast, there is no issues with spawn camping which can ruin your enjoyment immediately. However, it is not all great, the M60+Magnum ammo is singlehandedly causing a severe imbalance in class selection and I'm hoping they patch it back into line with the other weapons. After 9pm the match making struggles to find games that are full (360) resulting in a lot of 6v1 or 8v4 which is not enjoyable. On the bright side though the game is very well balanced and the maps are generally great (except defending on Valparaiso) The modes are fun and there is something for everyone. The games slower pace might not be for everyone but I would absolutely recommend it for the shooter fan.

Recommended purchase point $50.
    -Oscar Wilde

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Just finished Shenmue 2 on the Xbox (original).

I'd played through the original on the Dreamcast a couple of times and loved it. Bought the sequel on the Xbox in 2002 (rather than import it for the Dreamcast), played about 4-5 hours in, got distracted for awhile, then never got back to it.
    So, literally 8 years later, I got back to it, and loved it. Such an underappreciated game and series. It's a real shame we don't see epic (if lovably cornball) storytelling like this in games much anymore.

9.0 out of 10 stars

I'm about 9 hours into FF IV on the DS. FF2 was my first RPG back in '91 and I haven't played the SNES version since I was about 10 or so. The remake is top notch (though some of the changes just seem unnecessary), but I'm falling in love all over again.

Also playing Left 4 Dead 2 online co-op with buddies, and plan to get back to Bioshock 2 and finish it.

Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Splinter Cell: Conviction
    7/10

+Atmosphere
    +Storytelling
    +Cover System
    +Mark and Execute is fun if not a little out of place

-Aiming is still wonky
    -Enemy chatter
    -Not a stealth game, more of a action/stealth hybrid

I overall liked this game but something was off about it. Kinda felt soulless in my opinion. I did like the story though, especially Sam as he is a total badass. I was only able to play a couple missions in co-op before I sent it back but they were alright, nothing special. The enemy chatter really does get irritating, I would say that was the second biggest problem for me, well behind the lack of stealth though. I would say this is a good direction for the gameplay to go in it just needs a few tweaks.

I would recommend waiting till a $40 price point on this one. Single player length was about 5 hours played through on default difficulty. Never finished Co-op or Deniable Ops.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 05-05-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    -Oscar Wilde

Brutal Legend
    8/10

+Metal Mayhem
    +Infrequent game style (Overlord style, button mash+rts hybrid)
    +humor
    +Immersive
    +Soundtrack

-Chug chug chug along little engine
    -Vehicle controls

Alright, lets get this out of the way, If you don't like Rock/Metal then I would not play this(at least not open to enjoying metal), it is metal fan service all around, so much so that the flowers on the ground are devil horns (if you don't know what them are then you shouldn't play this game lol). It doesn't hurt that the game is hilarious, well, the first half anyways as it gets more serious and quite grotesque later on. However the fact that it is constantly changing was never a problem with me even though you wouldn't expect it. However there are bad spots, you spend a lot of time in your deuce (car) and it handles like crap which is really irritating and I never got over it even after finishing the game. Other than that though the game is really neat and enjoyable. I would definitely pick it up if you were ever interested in it as it is a very different experience.

I would recommend buying this at a $25 price point. Finished Game on default difficulty in ~7 hours. It is open world though and I had about 25 side missions left, could have easily put in another 10-15 hours.
    -Oscar Wilde

Forza Motorsport 3
    9.5/10

+Handling
    +Learning Curve
    +Lengthy
    +Immersive
    +Options galore, race how you want

-Multiplayer is fairly clunky

Let me start this by saying I've never been able to get into a simulation racing game. I tried with GT then GT3 then Forza 2 and finally GT5: Prologue and never had fun a single time with any of them games. I don't know what was different with Forza 3 but I was able to grasp the simulation side without becoming frustrated with the game before I learned how to properly control the vehicles. Forza has a ton of options to change gameplay to suit your evolving skill level so the vehicle you are driving is never quite out of control which is very nice to have. I however started with everything off but ABS and was still able to learn without becoming frustrated. As you get into the higher car classes the game changes drastically and while different never feels unpolished. If you are interested in racing games then I would give Forza a try.

I would recommend a $50 purchase point for this game. I finished Single player in roughly 40 hours on hardest difficulty with all options off except ABS, played multiplayer a few times but really if you want multiplayer racing I would get Dirt 2 instead.
    -Oscar Wilde