The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 2

Sharky Forums

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    I am completely swamped at the moment and not sure what to pick up next, figure I'm not the only one in this situation after that steam sale.

Oh and the last game I beat.

Defense Grid
    8.5/10
    +Fun
    +Engrossing
    -Repetetive

Up next I think I'm gonna tackle Ghost Masters. We will see though.
    Yeah I agree with this....loved the game. I'd give it a 9.5 just from the standpoint that I finish so few games and when this was done I wanted more. Hopefully there will be a sequel or add on.

MSI X58 Pro-E Motherboard | i7-920, quad 2.66GHz | ATI 5870 |6 gig DDR3-1333 | Antec 850W | 1.5TB Seagate 7200rpm | LG W2452T
    ---------------------------------
    XBox 360 | PS 3 60 gig | Nintendo DS Lite| Sony PSP | Apple iPad |Panasonic TH-50PX50U Plasma | Samsung LN32B 640

Last game I beat? Call of Duty World at War.

One that I'm on the verge of beating...is Dawn of War II. I think I only have like 2 or 3 missions left. It's on my list to complete. I also got pretty far in the original dawn of war 40K game. But those games (DoW and DoWII) I got gobbled up by the multiplayer component and can't get back to single player.

As for Fallout 3. I logged about 60 hrs in it and then all the DLC started coming out and I didn't purchase. I updated the game and now my save game is GONE. So I started over from scratch..but then I got Dragon Age for xmas..crap, I don't think I'll finish another game soon. Oh yeah, I started Mass Effect and I can see that one absorbing me as well. So what to do? I'm going to start myself a gaming schedule. one day DoW II, another Fallout 3, another Mass Effect, etc. etc.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Hammerhead Shark
    I need to buy the Fallout 3 with all the DLC and beat that. I played a bit on an "aquired" copy, but then started playing other games. It is a good game.
    "Mister, we deal in lead." (Steve McQueen, the Magnificent Seven)

Great White Shark lonewolfroger's Avatar
    The last game i finished was Titan Quest with Immortal Throne, went through it several times with different charactors, really liked the game. Right now i am playing 4 different games. Will play one game one day and another one the next.
    i7 920 @3GH, P6T Deluxe V2, OCZ HP 6GB(3x2)Kit(7-7-7-16), 128GB Patriot SSD, 250GB SATA(7200)Hitachi, WD 500gb, 1000W BFG PSU, SATA Pioneer DVD CD burner, XFX5870 XXX edition(900/1300), LG LED 2350V, XFI Titanium Fatal1ty champion, Logitech X-540, Lian Li PC-B70 Full Tower Case, Win7 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spank_Me_Hard View Post
    Crysis 2 screenshots for those of you who haven't seen them:

nice screenshots what gfx enhacment mod did u use?

umm. I think that 3rd shot is photoshoped.

as for the last few games I finished... off the top of my head:

- Modern Welfare 2
    - Serious Sam HD
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Nuttin.

Just Googled Crysis2 screenshots and it's what came up.

Could be photoshopped. Honestly I don't know. But the quality to me looks pretty consistent with the other "screenshots" that I've seen.

And it is the company that made Crysis... probably the most demanding game for hardware right now. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Citizen View Post
    We should nuke the United States.
    i7-930 CPU w. Scythe Mugen2, Intel DX58SO mobo, WD Raptor 600GB 10K RPM HDD, 8GB PC12800 RAM, nVidia GTX285 2GB w. Artic Cooling Extreme, Antec P182SE case, Enermax MODU87+ 850W PSU, Vista 64 bit business, Xeno 128MB PCIe Killer NIC, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe, Viewsonic 28" VX2835wm LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Spank_Me_Hard View Post
    If you look at the back ground it looks photorealistics

and AFAIK the game doesn't draw that much trees in such a long distance away and it would not have so much trees visiable
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

I had no idea that Modern Welfare had a sequel PURCHASE ACTIVATE!
    ...WAIT FOR IT

Great White Shark
    Recently Finished Tales of Symphonia, Professor Layton and the Diabolical box, and I'm nearly done with a secondary playthrough on Mass Effect and a first playthrough of BioShock.

I still have approximately 20+ games to play before I even start to look for new ones.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I recently beat Professor Layton and the Curious Village. It's a great game.

I would expect official Crysis 2 picts and videos to look amazing and realistic, until you actually buy the game only to find it'll look identical to Crysis and run like CRAP !
    i5 2500K
    Gigabyte H67A-UD3H-B3
    8 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    Evga GTX470
    Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000 aluminum case
    Silverstone Zeus 750W
    X-fi Gamer
    Altec Lansing MX 5021s

Hammerhead Shark
    Most recently beat game? Devil May Cry: 4
    Most recently beat game that I hadn't beaten before: Torchlight (just the story, nothing crazy)

Now playing: *** creed 2. Much better than the first, in my opinion. I'm also trying to get some beaten saves of Mass Effect for when the sequel comes out.
    Current Rig: Q6600 @2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9700 | 6 GB Corsair XM2 DDR2 RAM @ 736 MHz | 2 x 150 GB Raptors Raid 0 | Asus Dark Knight 4870 512 MB | Gigabyte EP45-U3DL Motherboard | ASUS VW266H Panel | Lian Li PC-V1200Bplus

XBL Gamertag: Recursivity
    http://xclite.net

Now Playing: Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Dawn of War 2

Been a while since I actually BEAT a game.

Been putting a ton of hours in on Torchlight. Pretty fun game overall. Not sure that I like it more than I liked Titan Quest, though.

Also played Demon's Souls off and on but I don't think I'm quite in the mood for that type of game right now. Probably won't pick it up again for a while.

Other than that, I've just been playing some smaller games. Put in a few hours combined on Alien Shooter, Alien Shooter 2, and Zombie Shooter last night; Zombie Shooter is pretty much better in every way than the other two, I wouldn't both with the "Alien" games. Zombie shooter is pretty fun, but it gets really repetitive pretty quickly.

I don't even want to pretend like I have any idea what I'm going to choose out of my backlog to play next. Too much stuff to pick from.

::edit::
    Also been playing Phantasy Star IV again. GOD I love that game. So great, and has aged really well due to a pretty fast battle system and a bunch of other handy features (like the Talk command, so useful).
    Last edited by monroeski; 01-08-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Last game I finished was FEAR 2. It was a good game but suffered severely from consolitis 6/10.

Two games that should be finished and aren't are Bioshock and the Witcher - both due to end boss battles.

I don't find insanely hard bosses to be all that fun. The Witcher is the worst on this, if you die - you start WAYYY back.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    Last game I finished was FEAR 2. It was a good game but suffered severely from consolitis 6/10.

Two games that should be finished and aren't are Bioshock and the Witcher - both due to end boss battles.

I don't find insanely hard bosses to be all that fun. The Witcher is the worst on this, if you die - you start WAYYY back.
    I don't even remember the last boss in Bioshock.
    Currently Playing: DOTA 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown