The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 3

Sharky Forums

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fig View Post
    I don't even remember the last boss in Bioshock.
    Good...the final bioshock boss is the biggest fault of bioshock IMHO.

It's your generic big boss battle with no real need for skill or planning. My understanding is that the 2k big wigs forced the Bioshock develop team to do it because of resource and time constraints.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Last game I finished was Trine. I am playing too many games to list right now. Blood Bowl is pretty freakin fun though. I picked up Jericho for 2.50 so I gave it a go, not bad. Next game to beat is dragon age, I got really far and then stopped playing.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post

It's your generic big boss battle with no real need for skill or planning. My understanding is that the 2k big wigs forced the Bioshock develop team to do it because of resource and time constraints.
    Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Project managers promising to deliver the magic and developers cutting corners?
    Currently Playing: DOTA 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    Last game I finished was Trine. I am playing too many games to list right now. Blood Bowl is pretty freakin fun though. I picked up Jericho for 2.50 so I gave it a go, not bad. Next game to beat is dragon age, I got really far and then stopped playing.
    I haven't touched my copy of Blood Bowl in a while, we should play

Last game I beat was FEAR Extraction Point.

Now playing Crysis. All graphics options are maxed out and I'm getting playable frame rates too. This game is awesome! Shooting down trees has never been more addictive. The graphics are amazing and the new gameplay mechanics (compared to Far Cry) related to the nanosuit took some getting used to but are pretty cool. My jaw dropped when I saw how the game depicted crawling - how come no other games have actually shown your gun swishing around on the ground yet?!

Btw can the terrain map on the enemy radar be turned off? Enemy positions don't stand out enough.
    Last edited by Asrale; 01-09-2010 at 03:01 AM.
    Desktop: Core i7 920 | 6GB DDR3 SDRAM | 750GB SATA-2 7200RPM HDD | Dell 1908FP 19" LCD | Radeon 4850 512MB | Yamaha YSTMS50 2.1 | SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio | Vista x64
    Laptop: Core i7-2720QM | 8GB DDR3 SDRAM | 750GB 7200RPM HDD | 15.6" HD LED | nVidia GT540M 1GB | Win7 x64

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    My gaming recap for 2009 (and my to-do list for 2010)

Games Started (but unfinished) in 2009
    (no particular order)

-Xenogears (PSX)
    -Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
    -Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
    -Prey (PC)
    -FallOut 3 (PC)
    -Supreme Commander (PC)
    -Chrono Cross (PSX)
    -Europa Universalis Rome (PC)
    -Dragon Age Origins (PC)
    -Sins of a Solar Empire (PC)
    -Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PC)
    (Christmas 2009 gifts):
    -Forza 3 (PC)
    -Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising (PC)
    -Final Fantasy IV (DS)
    -Final Fantasy III (DS)
    -Chrono Trigger (DS)

Games Finished in 2009
    (no particular order)

-New Super Mario Bros (DS) (Very good)
    -Final Fantasy X (PS2) (Enjoyed, but there are better in the series)
    -Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Xbox 360) (Loved, great for co-op)
    -Star Wars Force Unleashed (Xbox 360) (see below)
    -Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360) (see below)
    -Spiderman 3 (Xbox 360) (Ragged on, but once you get past the QTE moments, a satisfying game overall with plenty of freedom and openess)
    -Deadspace (PC) (superb)
    -Left 4 Dead (PC) (see above)
    -Crysis Warhead (PC) (better than the original, they removed the sucky parts of Crysis and kept what worked)
    -Empire Total War (PC) (great, AFTER you patch the hell out of it. A Total (ha!) mess if you don't)
    -Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway (PC) (excellent WWII shooter, but borrows a bit too heavily from Saving private Ryan. Heavy on the melodrama, but solid shooter)
    -Batman Arkham Asylum (PC) (Game of the Year. Without question)

Best Game Played in 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC) (Came out of nowhere. I hadn't been following this game at all, and only picked it up after reading so many good things. I had no idea what to expect. What I got was a game that lived up to all the hype, delivered the best superhero/comic book experience ever in a game, and made me want to keep playing and playing.

Honorable Mentions:
    Left 4 Dead (PC) (I still maintain that with a good group of friends and a few hours to kill, NO co-op experience is as fun and balanced as L4D.)
    Deadspace (PC) (Another great surprise, the best survival horror in a long, long while)

Biggest Disappointment of 2009

Far Cry 2 (I LOVED the first Far Cry. I LOVE sand box games. I love shooters. I should have loved Far Cry 2, but it didn't grab me in the slightest. The redundant missions, the lack of any real story or motive, and...oh yeah...the motion sickness-inducing movement made it my biggest disappointment of a game played in 2009)

Dishonorable Mentions:

Empire Total War (unpatched/launch) (The Orkin man couldn't kill all the bugs in this mess before the myriad of patches. Made the game nearly unplayable for months after release)
    Assassin's Creed (just couldn't get over the nonsensical story and repetitive missions. And I adore sneak/stealth games)
    Resident Evil 5 (It wasn't BAD by any stretch, but as a die-hard RE fan, it was easily one of the weakest of the series. A very solid 3d action game that kept very little survival horror or suspense, or frankly, SCARES whatsoever. Throw in a goofier-than-usual story and I was more than a little disappointed in RE 5)

Games not yet opened

-Call of Duty World at War (PC)
    -Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360)
    -Radiata Stories (PS2) (Christmas 2009 item)
    -Assassin's Creed II (Christmas 2009 item)
    -Battlestations Pacific (PC) (Christmas 2009 item)
    -From the Abyss (DS) (Christmas 2009 item)
    -Halo 3 ODST (Xbox 360) (Christmas 2009 item)
    -NiGHTS Journey of Dreams (Wii) (Christmas 2009 item)
    -Hearts of Iron III (PC) (Christmas 2009 item)
    -Ghostbusters (PC) (Christmas 2009 item)

Games resolved to finish in 2010

-Shenmue 2 (I played 75% of the way through at least five or six years ago. Now, I aim to restart and finish)
    -Deus Ex (yes, I've never finished it. And I will MAKE myself finish this year. Swear on a stack of Dreamcasts)
    -Xenogears (about 50 hours in and chugging along nicely, no way I don't finish this game now)
    -Lost Odyssey (haven't even opened it yet, but I hear good things and I'm always down for another great JRPG)
    -Ghostbusters (who ya gonna call?)
    -Dragon Age Origins (about 10 hours in. Very good BioWare RPG, a smidge overhyped so far IMO, but I really hope to finish it)
    -Left 4 Dead 2 (played the first game to death. Loved it. 2 hasn't grabbed me in the same way, but I will likely finish it anyway)
    -Super Mario Galaxy (It's Mario. End of Story.)
    -Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising (really liked what I've played so far. The REAL successor to the first Ghost Recon)
    -Halo 3 ODST (It's Halo. Next to GoW, the co-op fun is hard to beat)

Games I'll Try to Finish in 2010

-Assassin's Creed II (hope it's better than the first)
    -Call of Duty World at War (CoD style is wearing a bit thin for me, but I'll give it a fair shake)
    -Prey (only gave it a couple of hours, and it was decent. Will give it more time if I get some free time this year)
    -Fall Out 3 (just couldn't get into it the first time I played like I did with Oblivion. Resolved to give it another good try after a long break)
    -Supreme Commander (played briefly in '08 and just couldn't get into it. It deserves another try)
    -Sins of a Solar Empire (ditto above)
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 01-09-2010 at 05:05 AM.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I haven't touched my copy of Blood Bowl in a while, we should play
    I was so pissed at first playing it. I didn't know what was going on. I still suck but atleast I can beat the easy guys now. I've been playing chaos, what side do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrale View Post
    Last game I beat was FEAR Extraction Point.
    How did you do that? I own that game too and I just couldn't get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    I was so pissed at first playing it. I didn't know what was going on. I still suck but atleast I can beat the easy guys now. I've been playing chaos, what side do you prefer?
    I like the Wood Elves. I sucked when I tried any race that focuses on running plays and close combat, Wood Elves are all about speed and passes.

EDIT: Oh, and I suck too.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 01-09-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Fallout 3

currently playing Dragon Age

next up Dead Space

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I like the Wood Elves. I sucked when I tried any race that focuses on running plays and close combat, Wood Elves are all about speed and passes.

EDIT: Oh, and I suck too.
    I might have to try them. I focus on injuring as many players as I can, then just run the ball down the field with full coverage. Defense is very easy with chaos. Those damn goblins are hard though, they always dodge.

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post

I killed the final boss with the wrench. It was the most effective weapon.

Windows 7 Professional x64
    Thermaltake Tsunami
    Asus Rampage III Formula
    Intel i7 960
    12Gigs G.Skill DDR3
    XFX HD6970

www.dcwclan.com
    dakrsonic plays life.

Great White Shark
    Btw, I don't think I ever answered the "next" part.

I'm trying to finish up Bioshock.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Last full game finished - Mirror's Edge. Overall, a pretty solid game. If there were ever a sequel, I'd probably grab it at some point. I did finish the final two Fallout 3 expansions I had left to play since then. However I don't really consider that finishing a game though as the main quest had long since been done.

Next up: Battlefield Bad Co. Too bad, there's all these other games that distract me away from it though, CoD:WaW, Torchlight, etc.
    Last edited by PowerCreep; 01-10-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Just beat Bayonetta tonight. So awesome, I loved it the whole way through.

Next I'm either going to start it up again on Hard, crack open Darksiders or go back and finish Assassin's Creed 2.