The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 4

Sharky Forums

Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    My gaming recap for 2009 (and my to-do list for 2010)

-Lost Odyssey (haven't even opened it yet, but I hear good things and I'm always down for another great JRPG)
    I almost put this game down during the first disk and gave up because I thought it was so bad. If you feel this way, I suggest you keep going, because it does get better, and I believe it's worth beating once you you get through the beginning.
    -Dragon Age Origins (about 10 hours in. Very good BioWare RPG, a smidge overhyped so far IMO, but I really hope to finish it)
    Overhyped or not, it's an excellent game.

-Assassin's Creed II (hope it's better than the first)
    It is so much better than the first.
    Current Rig: Q6600 @2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9700 | 6 GB Corsair XM2 DDR2 RAM @ 736 MHz | 2 x 150 GB Raptors Raid 0 | Asus Dark Knight 4870 512 MB | Gigabyte EP45-U3DL Motherboard | ASUS VW266H Panel | Lian Li PC-V1200Bplus

XBL Gamertag: Recursivity
    http://xclite.net

Now Playing: Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Dawn of War 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Just beat Bayonetta tonight. So awesome, I loved it the whole way through.

Next I'm either going to start it up again on Hard, crack open Darksiders or go back and finish Assassin's Creed 2.
    What's funny is that I just picked up these 3 exact games. Started with Bayonetta. Crazy fun so far.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    What's funny is that I just picked up these 3 exact games. Started with Bayonetta. Crazy fun so far.
    Nice! Bayonetta only gets more and more awesome as the game progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_BOB View Post
    How did you do that? I own that game too and I just couldn't get into it.
    Not sure why you couldn't get into it, though I'd just come off FEAR and wanted to find out how the story continued. There were parts in Extraction Point that were really cool, mostly some of the gunfights - and the last few levels in Auburn Hospital were especially creepy.
    Desktop: Core i7 920 | 6GB DDR3 SDRAM | 750GB SATA-2 7200RPM HDD | Dell 1908FP 19" LCD | Radeon 4850 512MB | Yamaha YSTMS50 2.1 | SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio | Vista x64
    Laptop: Core i7-2720QM | 8GB DDR3 SDRAM | 750GB 7200RPM HDD | 15.6" HD LED | nVidia GT540M 1GB | Win7 x64

Hammerhead Shark
    Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever beaten a game I did not like. If I didn't like it I usually stopped playing it.
    "Mister, we deal in lead." (Steve McQueen, the Magnificent Seven)

Quote Originally Posted by Asrale View Post
    Not sure why you couldn't get into it, though I'd just come off FEAR and wanted to find out how the story continued. There were parts in Extraction Point that were really cool, mostly some of the gunfights - and the last few levels in Auburn Hospital were especially creepy.
    The very last battle is classic. Phenomenally well done.

After playing FEAR 2 I went back and replayed Extraction Point. Other than the graphics, Extraction Point is so superior to FEAR 2 that it is nearly laughable. Considering that EP is by far the least of the original FEAR games, that really says how far the franchise has fallen.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Hammerhead Shark
    Extraction Point was really good at FREAKING ME THE HELL OUT.
    Current Rig: Q6600 @2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9700 | 6 GB Corsair XM2 DDR2 RAM @ 736 MHz | 2 x 150 GB Raptors Raid 0 | Asus Dark Knight 4870 512 MB | Gigabyte EP45-U3DL Motherboard | ASUS VW266H Panel | Lian Li PC-V1200Bplus

XBL Gamertag: Recursivity
    http://xclite.net

Now Playing: Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Dawn of War 2

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I decided to Pick Madden 10 back up and do a sim franchise with the browns. I traded for picks throughout the year and when draft day came I had 10 picks. In my 2nd year so far I squeaked into the playoffs with a 10-6 record. It is fun just seeing if you can build a team from the ground up.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Hammerhead Shark
    I was thinking of doing that with the Lions. Ot, take any team, Sim like 10 years...then see whats left and play from there.
    Last edited by md1198p; 01-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    "Mister, we deal in lead." (Steve McQueen, the Magnificent Seven)

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Thought I would post up that I just beat Dragon Age. What a wonderful game and a good bit of interesting choices at the end to spice it up. Overall I thought the game was detailed, immersing, and well developed. The only down side is that some of the dungeons were a bit long and I was just wanting it to get to the point but not nearly as bad as some of NWN's 4 hour dungeon crawls. Overall a must play game and I am really looking forward to the sequel or the expansion.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Last game beat: UFC Undisputed (kinda... retired after being reigning champ in the light heavyweight division).

To beat still: Ninja Gaiden 2

Trying to beat now: CoD:MW2 (just got back into this after doing some split screen multiplayer against my bros... had a blast!)

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Despite my long signature list, the only games I'm really actively playing right now are NCAA Basketball 10 and Xenogears.

I'm in my first season of my DePaul Blue Demons dyntasy. The gameplay is fairly solid, but it can't hold a candle to 2K's depth and presentation.

I'm about 45 hours in on Xenogears. I started in early fall, enjoyed it well enough, but then got distracted for a few months. I figure 45 hours is just too far in to give up on, so I aim to finish it before starting any new "story-driven" games.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Despite my long signature list, the only games I'm really actively playing right now are NCAA Basketball 10 and Xenogears.

I'm in my first season of my DePaul Blue Demons dyntasy. The gameplay is fairly solid, but it can't hold a candle to 2K's depth and presentation.

I'm about 45 hours in on Xenogears. I started in early fall, enjoyed it well enough, but then got distracted for a few months. I figure 45 hours is just too far in to give up on, so I aim to finish it before starting any new "story-driven" games.
    FYI..some of the people behind Xenogears and chorno trigger just came out with a new RPG for the DS in the states called Sands of Destruction
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    FYI..some of the people behind Xenogears and chorno trigger just came out with a new RPG for the DS in the states called Sands of Destruction
    Hmmm...hadn't heard of it. I'm not finding many reviews, I guess it's really new.

If I hear good things around here, I'll look into it. Right now, my game backlog (ESPECIALLY RPGs) is huge.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Okay, I beat the Witcher over the weekend. It is a great game and very worth playing.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit