The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 5

Sharky Forums

Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Most recently beat Fallout 3 and all five dlc packs. Not much more to do there I guess, so...

thinking of moving on to Dead Space.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrale View Post
    Not sure why you couldn't get into it, though I'd just come off FEAR and wanted to find out how the story continued. There were parts in Extraction Point that were really cool, mostly some of the gunfights - and the last few levels in Auburn Hospital were especially creepy.
    I honestly never played the original Fear. I think the pace of it is just too slow and the atmosphere just doesn't capture my attention.

Update! Just beat the single player campaign in MW2. Probably time to fire up Mass Effect again and get things in order for ME2.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole17 View Post
    Update! Just beat the single player campaign in MW2. Probably time to fire up Mass Effect again and get things in order for ME2.
    The single player of MW2 was by far the worst single player I've ever completed. I hated every single minute of it. Finished purely for the achievements.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    The single player of MW2 was by far the worst single player I've ever completed. I hated every single minute of it. Finished purely for the achievements.
    Ouch. Really? Was that mainly because it was so short? Or was it really that much of a letdown?
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

I'd have to agree. It was fairly short. I'm playing through it now on the harder difficulties for the achievements as well. Wouldn't mind some multiplayer on it though I feel I'm a little late to the party... should have my brothers come over so I can tear them up again ! It was kind of hard to follow the story of the campaign anyway. And I loved how you suddenly had 100% accuracy on some of the vehicles (snow mobile, boat). Felt like I was rushed through an action movie and didn't have time to stop and look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    Ouch. Really? Was that mainly because it was so short? Or was it really that much of a letdown?
    It had nothing at all to do with the length. The single player was completely forced. You know how the first one had the "HOLY ****" moments? Well they tried that again in the second but instead of being awesome it was exactly the same as the first. I don't want to give it away but you see every single plot twist coming a mile away.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game. Hell I am lvl 70 in multiplayer ( no prestiges tho ) so I've put some time into the game, just when it comes to the single player it was a disaster.
    -Oscar Wilde

I'm about 10 hours into Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Been a long time since I played a JRPG but I'm enjoying it so far.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

It had nothing at all to do with the length. The single player was completely forced. You know how the first one had the "HOLY ****" moments? Well they tried that again in the second but instead of being awesome it was exactly the same as the first. I don't want to give it away but you see every single plot twist coming a mile away.
    I know, going through the storyline I was like "This is just the first one, just with different names"
    Rigs
    Custom Built: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz, 5870 GPU, 12 GIG Ram,3x1.5 TBs,1x500 GB, 250 GB SSD Logitech G51 surrond sound 27 inch monitor FUll Tower Cooler Master Case
    Laptop: M17X 2.83Ghz Dual Core, 4870 GPU, 4 GIG Ram, 320 GIG, 500 GIG HDD
    Get around Lappy: ASUS Aspire One: 1.6 GHz, IGP, 1 GIG ram, 160 GIG HDD

I started Dawn of War II and while I'm enjoying it, I'm really really bad at it. I'm new to this genre and it shows.
    Currently Playing: DOTA 2, XCOM Enemy Unknown

Last game I beat was Resident Evil 5 for 360. Working on Arkhum Asylum, DA: Origins and now Bioshock :-( I'm never gonna get to em all lol. I play one, get bored, switch to another, get bored, switch to another. I just re-started DA:Origins because I completely forgot where I left off and I have no idea what to do. I wanted to re-start as a mage anyway.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, MSI P67A-C43, Antec Kuhler 920, 16GB (4x4GB) Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Sapphire Reference R9 290x, Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD, Seagate 1TB HDD, Antec 650 Earthwatts, Antec 300, Corsair Vengeance K95 + M90
    Late 2009 21.5" iMac - 3.06ghz C2D, NVidia 9400m, 4gb RAM, 500gb Hard Drive, Magic Mouse
    Steam ID - Entrical85
    PSN ID - Entrical
    Currently playing: MLB 14: The Show

Hammerhead Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Fig View Post
    I started Dawn of War II and while I'm enjoying it, I'm really really bad at it. I'm new to this genre and it shows.
    I was really sloppy at first. Once you get used to it, you get much better.
    Last edited by xclite; 01-26-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Current Rig: Q6600 @2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9700 | 6 GB Corsair XM2 DDR2 RAM @ 736 MHz | 2 x 150 GB Raptors Raid 0 | Asus Dark Knight 4870 512 MB | Gigabyte EP45-U3DL Motherboard | ASUS VW266H Panel | Lian Li PC-V1200Bplus

XBL Gamertag: Recursivity
    http://xclite.net

Now Playing: Left4Dead, Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor, Dawn of War 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fig View Post
    You should just give up. It's not for you. Just quit... it's OK, the game was on sale. Delete it, so it can't mock you.
    Last edited by senorgotti; 01-27-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added commas for grammar pwnage
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Quote Originally Posted by xclite View Post
    I was really sloppy at first. Once you get used to it, you get much better.
    What exactly are you talking about here lol
    -Oscar Wilde

What exactly are you talking about here lol
    Ha ha. Something must be wrong with me. I didn't catch that when I read it. I was beat'd to the "that's what she said" reply.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot