The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 50

Sharky Forums

Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Just beat Saints Row 3, picked it up from the Steam Sale. I love the direction they're taking the series, very entertaining (and over-the-top).

I'm working through Divinity II as an archer along with L4D2 co-op with friends. I'm late to the party, but glad I picked it up for $5.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

I spent about 8 hours total in Bastion and beat it (finished it two nights ago). Didn't get 1st place in all of the trainings or anything, but I got to the credits screen (the end of any game, according to monroeski ). Good narration/story, good soundtrack, good length. I got it as part of the humble bundle, so I can't assign an exact fun/$ to it.

Tonight I started playing Portal for the first time, but after an hour (I was at level 16) I had to give up due to feeling motion sick.

Might have to play that in smaller increments, or just build up a tolerance to it.
    Last edited by linoleum; 07-25-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    Didn't get 1st place in all of the trainings or anything, but I got to the credits screen (the end of any game, according to monroeski ).
    Only as tracked in my spreadsheet.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Didn't take long for me to remember how to farm XP on the first level of Dungeon Defenders. level 20 Barbarian in no time flat.

I'm sure I'm lacking in some area of efficiency but it still went pretty quick. Been so long since I played + all these new character classes; feels like it's almost an entirely new game.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    What the trick to farming XP?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    What the trick to farming XP?
    Not really much of a trick, I just use my level 64 apprentice to set up defenses then switch to whoever I want to level before the level starts. A single magic missile + barricade on each of the lower staircases for the first two or so levels, then add a fire tower to each + put a fire tower + barricade on the top level to get the guys coming out the top door in later waves. You can have the whole setup done after round one at which point you can just stand out of harm's way with your low level guy and hit g whenever the level is over to get XP nice and quick.

I'm sure there is a more efficient setup but this gets the job done well enough. I don't want to super power level my characters, just get them up past that initial low level slog.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Ahh yes..it starting to come back to me now.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    Or we use to do it on hard on the Glitterhelm level, one builds defense, the others hang out.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't remember nearly enough to solo Glitterhelm, though, and I was the only one on last night.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Ugh. I'm such a game whore. I can't stay with one for more than an hour without getting bored and moving on.

Anyway, I had started Dragon Quest VIII on PS2, and gave up on it within 5 hours or so. It's just not my style. Too enclosed, too predictable, and a little too lighthearted for my tastes. Oh, and I REALLLLY don't like having to revert to a save in a town 15 minutes away when dying in a dungeon while questing. Not. Fun.

Also tried Grandia II on Dreamcast, and got maybe an hour in and it just couldn't keep my interest. I think maybe I missed the boat on this one, by like...12 years? :\

What IS keeping my interest...for now:

Grand Theft Auto IV. I've owned this one for over 2 years on STEAM, and FINALLY decided to give it a go. The scope is AMAZING, but I'm already starting to get a little tired of the narrative. We'll see how it goes.

Crysis 2. Purchased on Amazon for $5. Kinda forced myself to give it two solid hours playtime. It's...alright. Nothing special, but it looks nice and the gunplay is fun, but so far, after about 3 hours, it's coming in third behind Warhead and the original. And I was never a huge fan of Crysis' gameplay to begin with. Too much "Oh no, group of soliders! Sneak around camp, cloaking, waiting for power to refill, snipe, rinse, repeat." Bleh.

oh, and...

CHRONO TRIGGER! (DS). Yeah, it's probably my third playthrough, but my first on the DS. I'm about 75% of the way through, and it's still more immersive than most every other RPG (and game) I've played in awhile. I definitely will see this through to the end.
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 07-28-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Mass Effect 3
    7.5/10

+Ran well
    +Controls are smooth
    +Narrative

-Engine needs an upgrade
    -Cover is a little wonk at times
    -Teammate A.I isn't the smartest

So I liked ME3 but I am ready to leave the franchise in the past. I think the games got steadily worse and 3 felt like a checklist game like all the big budget shooters do. I was immersed in the characters and suffice to say I am not satisfied at all how the game ended.
    Spoiler
    I still liked the game but felt it could have been done better, story was fantastic but gameplay was very tired.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 07-28-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Mako Shark
    Just beat doom 3 believe it or not. Is that considered retro gaming now? Now I have figure out what to play next.

Got the new classes in Dungeon Defenders as well. Would like to get back into that for a bit. I basically stopped playing when all of you guys randomly decided to start using trendynet a long time ago.

Edit. Pffft lame I thought I bought the new characters. Apparently just bought the female versions of the same characters. Wooops.
    Last edited by Snakespy; 07-31-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespy View Post
    Got the new classes in Dungeon Defenders as well. Would like to get back into that for a bit. I basically stopped playing when all of you guys randomly decided to start using trendynet a long time ago.
    We made that decision like the day after the game came out!

Great White Shark
    Just finished Bastion. Grade A

Loved the graphics style, gameplay and narrator.
    Hated that you had to grind to max things out in one playthrough.

Now playing Bastion New Game +.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64