The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 52

Sharky Forums

Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Beat Binary Domain the other day. Pretty fun game overall; I don't have a lot of experience with 3rd person cover shooters so I can't really compare it to anything else, but I had a lot of fun with it. Annoying that the onscreen control prompts referenced the keyboard and not my controller, so for quick reactions I also had to remember to convert the key to the button in my head, but that wasn't too tough. Very fun shooting the armor off enemies before you take them out; made it a bit of a game within a game trying to get headshots to raise your teammates' trust more quickly. Some parts got to be a little bit BS hard, though; enemies firing rockets that knocked you down and didn't give you time to recover before the next one hit type of stuff. Generally those moments were few and far between, though.

If you want to get the best ending by having high trust with all team members you may need to use a guide; it's certainly possible without it but there are large stretches of the game where you're without certain characters so if you didn't have them with high trust beforehand you're out of luck. I didn't use a guide at all and ended up with all but 1 member of the party at very high, so again it's very possible to do without a guide, but once I hit a certain point about halfway through the game my chance of getting the best ending was basically over.

I'd give it a 4/5, very fun and easily worth the $5-10 you can get it for during Steam sales.

Not sure what I'll play next yet. I started Wolfenstein the other day but I wasn't really feeling it for the bit that I played.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Tiger Shark
    Just beat Rayman Origins on the PS3. A good choice for any platformer fan. The game was hard at times, but it never feels cheap or unfair. All around, excellent game with great 2D graphics.
    Intel Core i7 2600K / Asus P8Z68 Deluxe / Corsair 16GB DDR3 / 2xEVGA 570 2560MB SLI / Sound Blaster Z / 2xCrucial M4 256GBSSD / Seagate XT 2TB / Hitachi 3TB / 2xSeagate 320GB / Corsair HX 1050 / Cooler Master HAF-X
    Currently playing: Max Payne 3 (PC), Grid 2 (PC), Dark Souls (PS3), Gears of War Judgment (360)

Last few finished:
    Halo 4 (360)

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Holy crap is Sleeping Dogs amazing. I recommend people pick it up.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I beat Uncharted 2 last night! Sooo much better than the first one. I'm thinking I will start Infamous 2 tonight.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

I didn't start Infamous...I marathoned The Walking Dead 1&2, since I got them free with PS+. Pretty good so far, I like the immersion. Instead of Infamous, I'm probably going to replay Uncharted 2...it was that good for me.
    Xbox Series X

Last beat Orcs Must Die! 2. I've still got half of Nightmare mode to go through and a few Classic maps left on War Mage mode (and I've barely touched the Endless maps), but I beat the campaign a few days after it came out and that's what I'm going to consider "beaten!"

The game is awesome and I love it. It's fun, silly and horrifically brutal. I don't know if I'd recommend it as a solo player, but as a co-op game it is excellent.

Next up? GUILD WARS 2.

Great White Shark
    Playing through DEHR: Missing Link DLC. Ended up having to delete my save games due to a weird glitch. Before I did that I couldn't get the "ghost" bonus, which actually has an effect later in the DLC.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Mako Shark
    Max Payne 2. Another game I bought god knows when that I finally got around to playing. Pretty good game over all but somewhat repetitive. Feel gaming withdrawal already. Any suggestions?

Great White Shark
    Finished DEHR: Missing Link. Was fun and a good challenge.

Pros:
    More DEHR.

Cons:
    Short and limited replay value.

Next playing: Recettear an Item Shop's Tale

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Astros Fan View Post
    I beat Uncharted 2 last night! Sooo much better than the first one. I'm thinking I will start Infamous 2 tonight.
    I loved that game and agree it was much better than the first. The respawn is annoying, as is the toughness of many enemies, but the gameplay and fun storyline more than made up for it.

I've actually owned Uncharted 3 since last year but haven't played it yet. I heard it was a letdown compared to 2 and haven't been able to psyche myself up enough to play it since.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I loved that game and agree it was much better than the first. The respawn is annoying, as is the toughness of many enemies, but the gameplay and fun storyline more than made up for it.

I've actually owned Uncharted 3 since last year but haven't played it yet. I heard it was a letdown compared to 2 and haven't been able to psyche myself up enough to play it since.
    I picked up Uncharted 3 this past weekend. It dropped to $19.99. I am sure that means a GOTY edition will be releasing shortly, but all the DLC is MP related or skins..which I don't care about. I may hold off on opening though, just in case goty does release. I've gone back to fallout new Vegas though. I also picked up NFS Hot Pursuit and Mass Effect 2 on PS3 since I had a buy 2 get 1 free on new games coupon. I've played some NFS and it is pretty good.
    Xbox Series X

Uncharted 3 is fairly poor IMHO. I would recommend avoiding it and just reading a wiki page about it.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Just finished the MSX version of Metal Gear. Now onto Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

I have put a few hours into Bastion this week. I am enjoying myself immensely.
    Current Computer (always a work in progress):
    Cooler Master HAF 922 Case / Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt / i5-2500K / GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 /PNY XLR8 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 / eVGA GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB / ARCTIC COOLING ACALP11-GT-R2 / Frozen CPU Prolimatech PK-1 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound / Crucial 128 GB m4 SSD / 1 TB Seagate / 1 TB WD Blue / Samsung SyncMaster 2494 LCD / Samsung SyncMaster 204b LCD

Website for Dad:
    www.KeepTheSpiritKilleen.com

Finished Sleeping Dogs.

Talk about your hidden gems and sleeper hits. SD was just a real solid game IMHO. I really enjoyed it all the way through and would have loved to keep playing. I hope some worthwhile DLC comes out for it. They could easily expand upon the core game and turn it into its own franchise as opposed to just another True Crimes game.

I highly recommend it if you enjoy GTA and great character development.
    Last edited by taggart6; 10-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.