The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 54

Sharky Forums

Page 54 of 112 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Borderands 2 on the 360. Such a glitchy mess. There were MANY times as the assassin that I would use the "devastating melee attack" power ti have him teleport through the stage and die. So many times did I travel between zones to get a prompt that I had died somehow and the game took $4500. I had to download the compatibility pack again last night because it was already on my harddrive and the two other I was playing with weren't using the Mecromancer. Makes sense. The last boss battle was 20 minutes of attrition. Selling it to Amazon today. I'm slowly polishing off Resident Evil 4 on PS3 now. First time since the original release that I've seriously picked it back up.
    Last edited by dyne; 10-15-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Oh man...Dead Island was such a sad game IMHO..
    I always thought of Dead Island being more of a Fallout 3 clone vs. Borderlands.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I got MoH:Warfighter, so I've started on that. I've been playing quite a bit of FIFA 13 too.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    About 3 hours into Vessel and I'm done with it. Interesting little indie puzzle game but the wonky controls and needless traveling really kills it. I beat the first "level" and then basically grew tired of it. I think this game would have been more enjoyable if it was more streamlined.

Worth playing if you have a thing for liquid physics.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Finished up Dungeon Seige III. Nice little overhead view romp. Wasn't terrible, wasn't great. Took about 12 hours to complete all quests + story. I'd recommend it for $10 or so.

Next? Still trying to beat Vanquish. I swear that game has frustrated me more than any game I can remember....EVER! I see why my son played it on easy now because medium or normal is crushing me. I think I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm just not that good with shooter type games any longer. I did get Skyrim the other day, but my son has it in his room right now so who knows when I'll get to see that. In the meantime when I'm not hiding in the corner from Vanquish I'll do some Forza 4 and F1 2012.

Just beat Mark of the Ninja.

A really great game that I highly recommend to everyone. SO much better then shank and I hope we see a sequel soon. That said, I would like to see more challenging puzzles and a wider variety of special moves and items.

Worth buying if you are a fan of side-scrollers, fluid action, stealth, and Samurai Jack type animation.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

The Walking Dead. Loved it. I have no idea why my 360 controller (on the PC) stopped working for episode 5 but it was a great ride. I've been putting some serious time into Gran Turismo 5 since it's sat unplayed for many months. Also playing Sine Mora on Steam PC.
    Last edited by dyne; 11-23-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    my rig

Reef Shark
    Finally finished Borderlands 2 a few days ago. The last few missions were fun I guess, but after dying in the boss battle a few times I got a glitch where he knocked me to a place where none of his attacks could hit me. Kind of a crappy way to finish the game. Doubt I'll do NewGame+ or a different character anytime soon.

Started Uplink: Hacker Elite last night. It could use a bit more handholding in the beginning, but it's really fun so far. Not being able to undo anything and having the equivalent of permadeath in the game makes everything that much more exciting. Definitely the kind of game that's best to play at 2AM.

I beat XCom: Enemy Unknown. A good game. What surprises me is that I have little desire to replay it, even though as a tactical game it should have a lot of replay value. A lot of work went into building up my troops.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    I beat XCom: Enemy Unknown. A good game. What surprises me is that I have little desire to replay it, even though as a tactical game it should have a lot of replay value. A lot of work went into building up my troops.
    I can see that. So much time is spent micromanaging so many detials that starting over can seem daunting and.or unappealing.

Just beat Stacking.

Fun little game that would have been better if there were more plat former elements mixed in. The constant back tracking and layout was more tedious and annoying for something that is really just a big puzzle game with fairly nonsensical solutions. The writing is witty but the overall story is very short and light on dialogue.

Okay game that was worth the 5 I think I paid for it. I don't know if I'll play the expansion that came with the game since I feel tired of it and I just got Guild wars 2.

Done with Wizorb.

I put about an hour and half and got half way through the game. It was a fun new take on breakout but I got bored with it and the whole thing felt more like a chore then a game. I would have liked to see more RPG type elements and a wider mix of spells/buffs then the 4 you have. I think the overall idea has a lot of potential but the current execution gets old pretty quickly.

Worth buying is your a huge fan of the Breakout type games and have a thing for wizards.

Im all up in some Torchlight II right now. Seriously epic game. Lvl 21 embermage right now.
    Steam- DerSchniffles
    Gigabyte z77-UD3H
    Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5
    8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600
    Sony AVR with 5.1/Asus Xonar DG
    EVGA GTX760 @ 1241/7000
    60 gig OS and 240 gig Game SSD's
    55" Vizio Tv/32" Vizio
    Logitech G700s Mouse and K520 Keyboard

Uncharted Golden Abyss. Fantastic little diversion. Still can't believe the visuals on the Vita. The only times I died were when they forced you to take your hand off the unit to swipe the front screen to keep from falling. I also didn't realize until a cutscene near the end that you can tap the sparkle items during a cutscene and pick them up. Now on to Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection.
    my rig

Great White Shark
    Just beat Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes.

B-

It's a fun little game, glitchy as hell, but it's short and the parody of common RPG tropes was enough to keep me playing for the ~11 hours it took to finish.

Next up is the 2nd one. Gotta get my $2.99 worth out of the deal.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64