The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 56

Sharky Forums

Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Hammerhead Shark
    Thought I posted this last night (probably sitting open on my home computer), but I also finished Mark of the Ninja. Had quite a bit of fun playing at a leisurely pace and taking a little over 12 hours to get through it. I didn't get everything but had a fairly high completion rate. Generally went for undetected plus lots of dead guards. Probably will fiddle with some of the other costumes. I never had auto-stealth kills, so I'm guessing that was in a costume I didn't put on. Hide + pick up bodies was the only thing I found frustrating. Sometimes I would replay a scene a few times to try to get the guards to kill each other (which I found to be the most amusing way to take them out).

Other than that, I've sunk a somewhat embarrassing amount of time into FTL in the past couple weeks. Recently, I've been playing Dungeon Defenders split-screen with my son.

Since my last post in this thread, I've also finished (and sunk quite a bit of extra time into) Torchlight II. Got my 2d platformer fix by beating Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV. Also played through Jamestown, a couple play throughs of Atom Zombie Smasher, and finished Cthulhu Saves the World. Forgot how much I missed PC gaming.

I sunk quite a few hours into SpaceChem and enjoyed it a lot, but never finished it. I'm a little too much of a perfectionist and some of the later levels are hard to be perfect at. I hope to get back to it sometime, though. Plus, I think I bought some DLC for it.
    Nick_B
    Currently running Ubuntu and Windows 7.

Finished up Fable II before Christmas. Pretty solid game. I hear III isn't as good, but I'll get around to it eventually. Started Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. This title is solid minus a few camera issues. Really sad the company folded. I hope the guys who developed this game can move on to make a new game because they deserve the work. Also playing R.A.W. (XBLA title). It's a typical isometric hack n slash. My son and I are playing coop and it's pretty fun. Seems lengthy too. Not a bad pickup for $5.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerCreep View Post
    Finished up Fable II before Christmas. Pretty solid game. I hear III isn't as good, but I'll get around to it eventually. Started Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. This title is solid minus a few camera issues. Really sad the company folded. I hope the guys who developed this game can move on to make a new game because they deserve the work. Also playing R.A.W. (XBLA title). It's a typical isometric hack n slash. My son and I are playing coop and it's pretty fun. Seems lengthy too. Not a bad pickup for $5.
    I quite liked KoA. The camera does get in the way but the combat and the side quests are top notch.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Great White Shark
    I've played through Iron Brigade. A++ for the fun aspect.

D- for terrible PC port code. The game is fun, except there is some kind of serious glitch in the code around the physics for the "tubes" when they are either dropping or being picked up. During those animations, the game starts stuttering and hitching badly. It's a known problem, they just haven't fixed the code yet.

Next up for play is probably the 2nd game from the Recettear folks that I picked up during the sale. That or Stacking.
    Last edited by James; 01-06-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by dyne View Post
    Just finished up Mark of the Ninja. It takes too long to get auto stealth kills (makes the game a LOT more fluid) and I hate using an analog stick when I need precision in a game that basically has digital control. The decision to use the same button for both pick up body and hide was dumb. Other than that a pretty solid game. Now to finish up Max Payne 3.
    How are you liking MP3? I got that for my birthday a couple of months ago but haven't touched it yet.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Thought I had posted about Saint's Row the Third before but I guess not. I had a LOT of fun with it. Story is pretty off the wall but I generally kept things pretty businesslike with my character's outfit. Definitely worth a try, particularly if you were disappointed by the most recent GTAs.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

I haven't beaten anything in a long while, but I'm currently working through Forza Horizon and Hitman Absolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    How are you liking MP3? I got that for my birthday a couple of months ago but haven't touched it yet.
    It's ok. Pretty repetitive. What's really annoying is the constant MAX IS A DRUNK AND UNDER THE INFLUENCE that's shoved at you every cutscene. I also don't like the "artistic" idea of showing a couple of the spoken words during a cutscene in big bold font splashed across the screen. They do it for almost every spoken sentence. The gameplay is phoned in and formulaic. I kind of feel like I'm just going through the motions.
    my rig

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    mobo: AsRock Z68 Extreme4
    ram: 4x4gig GSkill Ripjaw X ddr3 1866
    cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    mouse: Logitech G500
    video: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB
    hdd(s): Crucial M4 SSD 240 gig (Windows 7)
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (data drive)
    dvd +/- r: Pioneer 111D D/L
    monitor: 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
    psu: PC P&C 610W
    chassis: NZXT Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Thought I had posted about Saint's Row the Third before but I guess not. I had a LOT of fun with it. Story is pretty off the wall but I generally kept things pretty businesslike with my character's outfit. Definitely worth a try, particularly if you were disappointed by the most recent GTAs.
    I HATED the aiming in GTA. Is this any better?
    my rig

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    If I remember correctly the aiming in SR3 is a lot like Crackdown if you ever played that.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Been too long since I played GTA to really compare the two but I don't recall having any more problems with aiming in SRtT than I have in most other games. Played on PC, used a 360 controller. One issue I had was that the button prompts would occasionally switch between 360 controller buttons and the original keyboard keys they were mapped to.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Last game I finished was Journey, which was not my thing. My daughter liked it OK, but that is the last time I play an "artsy" game. I also finished all the Walking Dead episodes which were great but hardly a game either. I just started Dark Souls on PS3 which is great so far and I'm liking it better than Demon Souls.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Finished up Max Payne 3. Had a monitor switch (from the Westinghouse in my sig 1920x1200 to an ASUS 1920x1080) and my new 670 chews through it. Good looking game. Like I said earlier it's repetitive but what fps isn't? Satisfying last kill at the end. I'd like to see the series continue. Not sure what's next. I've been picking at Torchlight 2 and played a half hour of Tokyo Jungle.
    my rig

Just beat XCOM: Enemy Unknown! It was awesome.

Great White Shark
    Just finished playing through Portal 2 single player.

I'm now playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

When my wife has time, we will play through Coop Portal 2.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64