The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 57

Sharky Forums

Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Just finished playing through Portal 2 single player.

I'm now playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

When my wife has time, we will play through Coop Portal 2.
    I recommend all of the above.

And good grief I can't stop playing KoA: Reckoning. Approaching 30 hours now and it appears I'm about half way. Great game.

Quote Originally Posted by dyne View Post
    It's ok. Pretty repetitive. What's really annoying is the constant MAX IS A DRUNK AND UNDER THE INFLUENCE that's shoved at you every cutscene. I also don't like the "artistic" idea of showing a couple of the spoken words during a cutscene in big bold font splashed across the screen. They do it for almost every spoken sentence. The gameplay is phoned in and formulaic. I kind of feel like I'm just going through the motions.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyne View Post
    Finished up Max Payne 3. Had a monitor switch (from the Westinghouse in my sig 1920x1200 to an ASUS 1920x1080) and my new 670 chews through it. Good looking game. Like I said earlier it's repetitive but what fps isn't? Satisfying last kill at the end. I'd like to see the series continue. Not sure what's next. I've been picking at Torchlight 2 and played a half hour of Tokyo Jungle.
    Sounds like a mix of good and bad. I was stoked when I originally heard it was coming out - enjoyed the hell out of MP2. I guess I just won't expect too much going into it and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by senorgotti View Post
    Last game I finished was Journey, which was not my thing. My daughter liked it OK, but that is the last time I play an "artsy" game. I also finished all the Walking Dead episodes which were great but hardly a game either. I just started Dark Souls on PS3 which is great so far and I'm liking it better than Demon Souls.
    Can't say enough about Dark Souls, it's one of the best games I have ever played. Demon's Souls was great, but Dark takes it to another level. The brutal difficulty combined with excellent gameplay/mechanics, fantastic varied atmosphere, etc... makes me want to start playing again just thinking about it. And I already have several high-level characters.

Playing through the entire game co-op with a friend was really, really fun too. As we progressed we went from fearing invasions to welcoming them. We got pretty good at setting the invader up as soon as we saw a notification. One of us would "run" from the invader while another set up shop just behind a corner, ready to backstab the guy once he ran by.

*Edit* had to share this: during one invasion, I was waiting around a very narrow corner/walkway that had no railing, with a steep drop on one side. As my friend lured the invader around the bend, I cast Wrath of the Gods. The knockback hit him dead on, and he flew right off the mountain side. So. Satisfying.
    Last edited by Rush; 01-14-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Can't say enough about Dark Souls, it's one of the best games I have ever played. Demon's Souls was great, but Dark takes it to another level. The brutal difficulty combined with excellent gameplay/mechanics, fantastic varied atmosphere, etc... makes me want to start playing again just thinking about it. And I already have several high-level characters.

Playing through the entire game co-op with a friend was really, really fun too. As we progressed we went from fearing invasions to welcoming them. We got pretty good at setting the invader up as soon as we saw a notification. One of us would "run" from the invader while another set up shop just behind a corner, ready to backstab the guy once he ran by.

*Edit* had to share this: during one invasion, I was waiting around a very narrow corner/walkway that had no railing, with a steep drop on one side. As my friend lured the invader around the bend, I cast Wrath of the Gods. The knockback hit him dead on, and he flew right off the mountain side. So. Satisfying.
    Loving the game so far however, I was not aware that you can do a legit co op with someone. Thought it was just random summoning. I keep getting owned by the Capra Demon boss because he and two dogs are waiting for me as soon as I enter the fog. Just bad luck I guess because the videos I have seen of the boss make it look easy, but he just waits for me at the entrance and is like "Boom, gotcha *****!".
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Loving the game so far however, I was not aware that you can do a legit co op with someone. Thought it was just random summoning. I keep getting owned by the Capra Demon boss because he and two dogs are waiting for me as soon as I enter the fog. Just bad luck I guess because the videos I have seen of the boss make it look easy, but he just waits for me at the entrance and is like "Boom, gotcha *****!".
    It is fairly random with that a**hole. I think you also need a certaint amount of movement ability to be able to get behind them dogs and up the stairs.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Yeah, it's all about surviving his initial attack and moving behind him, then first taking the dogs out quickly. I had some version of Magic Shield which allowed me to block his initial attack before running beyond him... made it super easy. But even rolling beyond him is hit or miss, since 90% of the time he does his most powerful jump attack to lead off the fight, and it tracks you like crazy as you're flying by him.

Co-op is kind of a pain but worth it. You have to coordinate summon spots with a friend. You put your sign down and tell your friend where it is - he looks for your sign and summons you. Sometimes it can take a little while before he sees it. Supposedly, being part of Solaire's guild helps with this (turns your sign gold and makes it visible to a wider audience).
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Co-op is kind of a pain but worth it. You have to coordinate summon spots with a friend. You put your sign down and tell your friend where it is - he looks for your sign and summons you. Sometimes it can take a little while before he sees it. Supposedly, being part of Solaire's guild helps with this (turns your sign gold and makes it visible to a wider audience).
    The reason they might not see it is because there is a good chance that it isn't there. Dark Souls uses multiple servers and if you two aren't on the same "shard" then they won't see the summon.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    The reason they might not see it is because there is a good chance that it isn't there. Dark Souls uses multiple servers and if you two aren't on the same "shard" then they won't see the summon.
    That changed with one of the updates. Signs are now dynamic- it just takes time to see someone's sign. Last time I co-oped with a friend, we were able to see each other's mark 100% of the time - although it did take up to 10 minutes and a few recasts in a couple cases.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

That changed with one of the updates. Signs are now dynamic- it just takes time to see someone's sign. Last time I co-oped with a friend, we were able to see each other's mark 100% of the time - although it did take up to 10 minutes and a few recasts in a couple cases.
    Really? Well that sucks for me. I didn't buy it for PC recently because I was under the impression that it would be a pain in the butt to co-op.
    -Oscar Wilde

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just beat Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

An okay game that I thought was much better then the first. Its still pretty generic but the different character types did help to shake things up and offer some much needed variability. The story was pretty well done and I liked the switching back and forth between sides. An okay game that I would pick up for under 20.

I recommend it if you liked the first one and.or are looking for a really linear 3rd person shooter.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    It is fairly random with that a**hole. I think you also need a certaint amount of movement ability to be able to get behind them dogs and up the stairs.
    Tried again yesterday and he was much further back when I went through the gate, so it was an easy fight. Also took out Havel (crazy armor and can 1 hit kill) by taking advantage of him not chasing fully out of his tower. I'm in the depths right now grinding till I want to fight the boss.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Tried again yesterday and he was much further back when I went through the gate, so it was an easy fight. Also took out Havel (crazy armor and can 1 hit kill) by taking advantage of him not chasing fully out of his tower. I'm in the depths right now grinding till I want to fight the boss.
    I realize you already beat him, but if you're good at dodging you can take care of Havel fairly early on. The ring he drops is immensely useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I realize you already beat him, but if you're good at dodging you can take care of Havel fairly early on. The ring he drops is immensely useful!
    Dodging and hitting him was taking too long and was more risky. When I tried fighting him the legit way I was too heavy and slow on the roll. Backstabbing him with a 200 dmg weapon still takes a while but so does 40 arrows which I think I used. I got really sick of the area he was in and didn't want to risk doing it some more so I cheesed him. Also I suck at parrying.

I guess I technically beat Skyrim, though it didn't change my addiction at all. I mean, I put Alduin down like a rabid dog. But that didn't change the game very much. There is still a TON of unexplored map an dozens of quests to complete.
    RIG:
    XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
    KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
    Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
    Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
    CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
    PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
    1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
    Panasonic DVD
    Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Havel's ring + Wood Grain ring make the game so much easier. Full mobility with heavy/heavier armor? Done.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->