The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 58

Sharky Forums

Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Havel's ring + Wood Grain ring make the game so much easier. Full mobility with heavy/heavier armor? Done.
    I need to find some good armor. The main part of my armor is the bandit starting armor which I upgraded to +2, but I'm not that far yet so no big deal. I'm still chilling in the depths with only the boss left. I summoned some random player and went in to fight but the boss owned me. Forgot to take out the dude casting soul arrows before engaging the boss. Also, I beat my first invader by the depths bonfire. I think I'm 1-2 in PvP fights cause I usually stay hollow and the invaders like to use poison throwing knifes.

Did a search and could not find a Dark Souls thread. Do I suck at searching sharkys or do we not really have one?
    Last edited by senorgotti; 01-16-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Quote Originally Posted by senorgotti View Post
    I need to find some good armor. The main part of my armor is the bandit starting armor which I upgraded to +2, but I'm not that far yet so no big deal. I'm still chilling in the depths with only the boss left. I summoned some random player and went in to fight but the boss owned me. Forgot to take out the dude casting soul arrows before engaging the boss. Also, I beat my first invader by the depths bonfire. I think I'm 1-2 in PvP fights cause I usually stay hollow and the invaders like to use poison throwing knifes.

Did a search and could not find a Dark Souls thread. Do I suck at searching sharkys or do we not really have one?
    The search hasn't worked properly since the changeover to the current design. We seem to be missing indexes from that point all the way back to 2004 (but earlier than that is fine).

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    The search hasn't worked properly since the changeover to the current design. We seem to be missing indexes from that point all the way back to 2004 (but earlier than that is fine).
    Found a couple Dark Souls threads on here via google. Both threads were related to pre ordering the game so I might make a LTTP type thread on here. Fun game to talk about so it should get some posts.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Get a new thread going. I started up dark souls and need tips.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I beat Sine Mora yesterday. Had been playing story mode on the harder difficulty but got tired of having to either run through the ENTIRE game every time I played or start on the later levels I'd reached with a level 1 weapon so for the last couple of levels I turned the difficulty down, though that turned out to be TOO easy.

Still pretty fun game overall. I've got a friend that isn't into shmups at all but he likes it as well. Good purchase for $5 or so if you can find it, I got it for $2 from GreenManGaming a week or so ago.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Just finished Bad Company 2 last night. Good game, short single player though, and I have no interest in the multiplayer.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Max Payne 3
    7/10

It was alright, I don't get how some games are just exempt from certain criticisms. This game has quite a high metacritic (yeah I know) score and it literally could be a spin-off of the Kane and Lynch series which was panned horribly. It isn't that MP3 is horrible, It is just not very good. I got it for $13 or so and don't regret the purchase, I do regret taking the time to beat it though.

I think I'm going to take a break from games outside of sports ones. Don't feel like playing anything that is story based for awhile.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Max Payne 3
    7/10

It was alright, I don't get how some games are just exempt from certain criticisms. This game has quite a high metacritic (yeah I know) score and it literally could be a spin-off of the Kane and Lynch series which was panned horribly. It isn't that MP3 is horrible, It is just not very good. I got it for $13 or so and don't regret the purchase, I do regret taking the time to beat it though.

I think I'm going to take a break from games outside of sports ones. Don't feel like playing anything that is story based for awhile.
    I have been tempted to try it myself because of how cheap it is, but it doesn't seem to be a Max Payne game at all. Most video game stories are horrible, and I find cut-scenes annoying.
    Last edited by senorgotti; 01-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Max Payne 3

7/10

The cut-scenes aren't annoying and the story is well done. But its no where as good as 1 or 2; Rockstar has gotten a bit too big for their britches in my opinion.

I enjoyed it, but its brutally hard, and Max has a really ANNOYING habit of switching weapons all the time and dropping the good one you are using to switch back to his pistol.

*edit* And by brutally hard I mean: bullet sponge enemies and tons of them all at the same time, ammo is also too hard to come by. I actually ran out of bullets during the disco mission and died because of it.
    Last edited by Wurm; 01-20-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    War... War never changes.

Oh I forgot... next up is Batman Arkham Asylum. Bought it last year during the Christmas sale, and still haven't gotten around to playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geforce255 View Post
    I guess I technically beat Skyrim, though it didn't change my addiction at all. I mean, I put Alduin down like a rabid dog. But that didn't change the game very much. There is still a TON of unexplored map an dozens of quests to complete.
    I hear ya!

287.5 hours played

I have all Achievements (including 2 DLC) but 1.

I have all the Dragon priest masks.

I know all three words of every shout.

I have all the Werewolf perks, and am working on the Vampire ones now.

I am the leader of every faction.

I have almost 400 locations discovered.

So yes the game is very addicting, and the new DLC should come out sometime this coming month.

I just beat jak 1 and jak 2. They have aged ok but i was really surprised on how much tighter the controls of modern platformers are. I would really only recommend getting this collection if you are nostalgic about the Jak series. I was going to play all 3 in a row but got sick of it towards the end of 2. Next up: Alan Wake.
    Last edited by toolfan; 01-20-2013 at 04:52 PM.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Code of Princess
    8/10

As my first 3DS game I was pleasantly surprised by this game. It is basically a mash-up of Streets of Rage with RPG leveling elements. The story is quite cliche but it is humorous in a Deathspank type of way and I enjoyed it a lot. The only real negatives was performance, the frame rate would slow to a crawl during big fights but other than that there is not much I would complain about.

Not sure what I'll play next, though I'm trying to finish up FF9 but man the game is long.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just beat God of War 3. Probably the weakest entry int the series with regards to story and gameplay. Al the weapons feel identical and the main chracter, Kratos, comes off as a bigger whiney douche bag then i ever thought possible. All in all a pretty mediocore game that is a string sign that the series has gotten full of itself.

Worth playing if you really like moody douch bags.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Just beat Alan Wake. I now realize why everyone complained about the collectibles in this game when it came out. The game is best when you are running non-stop from a group of ghosts (or whatever they are) hoping to reach a light source before you are overrun. The collectibles, however, give you incentive to wander and explore the terrain (which while running is gorgeous but when scouring every corner is monotonus). I didn't really discover the joy of the game until I tried to get the achievement of not firing a bullet during one of the last levels. With this added handicap, the atmosphere ratcheted up a notch and really highlighted what remedy did best. The story and atmosphere are top notch and if you have the personal discipline to avoid the collectables this game is a really good 10 hour graphic novel.

Up Next: Epic Mickey