The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 8

Sharky Forums

Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

@ Bao I Loved NWN, I never read any bad reviews of the game, and it was a blast on multiplayer. So much so that we ran a dedicated server for more than a year.

Just finished Bioshock 2

+ Duel Weilding of Plasmids and Weapons
    + Great New Weapons
    + Playing Big Daddy
    + Tatical Combat
    + Being back in Rapture
    + Good story

- Rapture is showing its age
    - FOV bug on release
    - No lead in to the story, the game assumes you played Bioshock 1
    - No ghosts
    War... War never changes.

[Insert witty title here] Spaceman Spiff's Avatar
    Just beat Xenogears today, after nearly 70 hours of playtime. I started the game sometime in late July or early August, and have been playing here or there for the past 7 months. As much as I enjoyed the game, and it was a great ride, I'm soooo relieved to finally move on.
    A few major nitpicks kept it from ranking up there with the all-time great JRPGs for me, but I can see how some people could see beyond that and appreciate its characters and story scope.
    I'm not going to launch into a full-scale review, but I can honestly say that buying it off eBay last summer for $30 was a good investment, and I'm glad to have it in my collection and to be able to say I've beaten it. But I'm definitely ready to move on. 8.5 out of 10 from me.

Up next will be Shenmue 2 on the Xbox, and Bioshock 2 on PC. I've been a big fan of Shemue since it debuted on the Dreamcast. Finished the first game at least 3 times, and I bought the sequel when it was released, but never finished. I plan to start over with a new game and see it through this time.
    Bioshock 2 will also be getting consecutive playtime. Loved the first game (my personal GotY for 2007), so I'm excited for the sequel.

After that, eh...maybe try and get through some more oldies.
    Current System
    | Intel Core i7 950 | Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | OCZ 6Gb DDR3 1600 | PNY GeForce GTX 570 | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64

Currently Playing: The Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas, Xenoblade Chronicles
    Last Completed:Super Mario Land 3D..... 8.5/10

Just beat Dark Void Zero. Not a bad game, but quite simple and over very quickly.

Up next is going to be Heavy Rain and Dawn of Discovery: Venice!

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Just beat Heavy Rain and all I can say is what an experience.

11/10, Adventure gamers need to play this game right now, if you are looking for a more conventional gaming experience I would demo it first.

+Gfx
    +Storyline
    +Emotion
    +Pulls at the correct strings, has perfect timing.
    +A ton of replayability

-Too short (I think I beat it in around 8-10 hours)
    -Clunky controls
    -It's over

As an experience it is the best I've ever had playing a game, everything about the game was just fabulous. If you liked Fahrenheit then you will love this game.

As a traditional game experience it is lacking honestly, the camera angles can be a pain and the movement is very early RE'ish. I did not come into the game expecting GoW so it wasn't a problem for me and you do get used to it but if I need to find a chink in the armor then that is it. I believe I will end up beating this game at the very least 3 times as it is a multiple path game and I have a few things I want to change for sure.

If you have a PS3 you must play this game. It was a day 1 purchase for me and I don't regret it at all. Knowing what I know now I would have spent >$80 on it and not cared in the least. Awesome.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Just beat Borderlands. It was fun but nothing real special, I thought there would be a level of customization to the weapons which there wasn't. I played through it entirely with a buddy of mine and I don't think I would have even finished it if I were playing solo.

+Solid Co-op experience
    +Nice visuals
    +controls (after tweaking the fov and mouse smoothing)

-Story is very blah
    -Doesn't run too great
    -Have to tweak ini files

All in all it was a good time, I would say 7.5/10

Getting baseball games tomorrow so I doubt I'll be finishing any story based games anytime soon.

*edit* Forgot I'm getting BC2 tomorrow lol, I should probably be more excited about a game I've already pre-ordered.
    Last edited by fastitocalon; 03-02-2010 at 12:13 AM.
    -Oscar Wilde

Just finished Heavy Rain. Just... oh my god. Cinematic as hell, the story is extremely compelling and your choices really affect the game. Gameplay is very light, but for once I didn't mind because I was so interested in what was going to happen next.

After beating the game I went into the Bonus section and checked out the Making Of videos and holy hell I did not know they went so far as to model the characters on their real life counterparts. I think Madison is the only one whose likeness is not also the voice actor... and she's pretty damn hot.

Up next, probably going to sink more time into Spellforce 2 and DoD: Venice until Chaos Rising comes out next week.

EDIT: Oh, and plot hole
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 03-02-2010 at 01:25 AM.

I'm about 30 hours into Lost Odyssey. Took about 10 hours to actually get into it, man is it ever boring and monotonous at the beginning.

I should have it beat by the time FF13 comes out but has anyone seen the 360 screenshots for it? Looks... not so good. I generally prefer to get things on 360 over PS3 (variety of reasons) but I might have to get it on PS3. I'll wait and read some final reviews.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Just finished Heavy Rain. Just... oh my god. Cinematic as hell, the story is extremely compelling and your choices really affect the game. Gameplay is very light, but for once I didn't mind because I was so interested in what was going to happen next.

After beating the game I went into the Bonus section and checked out the Making Of videos and holy hell I did not know they went so far as to model the characters on their real life counterparts. I think Madison is the only one whose likeness is not also the voice actor... and she's pretty damn hot.

Up next, probably going to sink more time into Spellforce 2 and DoD: Venice until Chaos Rising comes out next week.

EDIT: Oh, and plot hole
    Spoiler

Spoiler
    -Oscar Wilde

Catfish
    Finished Borderlands yesterday and playing Assassin's Creed 2 starting tonight. I liked Borderlands a bunch. It wasn't the greatest thing since sliced toast, but it was fun and delivered some exciting moments.

Great White Shark
    Finished Banjo Kazooie and now playing Banjo Tooie on XBLA. Also trying to 100% Castle Crashers, but that's more of a long term thing.
    Last edited by James; 03-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Just finished Stalker Call of Pripyat. Not planning to play anything for a while now.
    Phenom II 550BE . Biostar TA-785G3. 512MB HD4850 . 2 GB DDR3 . WD 250 GB Sata . Razer AC1 . 500W psu. Win 7 Home

I rarely finish a game but I got tired of Dirt 2 (360) sent it back to Gamefly, and received Deadspace. At first I thought Deadspace was pretty bland but I'm starting to like it more.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

Now Playing: Chaos Rising! Also Bad Company 2.

I know I swore I'd never play Need For Speed Shift but I did, and love it, and beat it. Not sure what I'll play next. I just invested in an old PSP and figured out how to get PS1 games on it. It's like the perfect medium for playing old games since the dated graphics don't bother me. I'm playing the hell out of ROAD RASH.
    There is the theory of the moebius. A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDigital View Post
    I know I swore I'd never play Need For Speed Shift but I did, and love it, and beat it. Not sure what I'll play next. I just invested in an old PSP and figured out how to get PS1 games on it. It's like the perfect medium for playing old games since the dated graphics don't bother me. I'm playing the hell out of ROAD RASH.
    Nice. I recommend Patapon (PSP) if you're into rhythm/RPG/RTS games.

Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse are damn solid racing games on there as well.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 03-11-2010 at 04:48 PM.