The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 90

Sharky Forums

Page 90 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Started playing LISA the other day. One of the bullet points on the Steam page is "a life ruining game experience" and the first 1.5 hours has certainly lived up to that. Can be pretty depressing at times.

Still enjoying it a lot thus far, though.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Just finished Yoshi's Wooly World last night with the wife in coop mode. Absolutely adorable game, with just enough frustration and challenge to keep you playing well past when you thought you would stop. We ended up doing the whole 100% thing, and I would estimate that it was around 25-30 hours of game play for the two of us.

Pros:
    - Mind-numbingly adorable. Everything about the game is cute to the power of 10.
    - Easy gameplay mechanics ala Mario (every single one), with a nice "mellow mode to make it even easier for inexperienced players.

Cons:
    - The most visually interesting Yoshi's all show up in world 1. After that it's a slog of "random solid colored yoshi #21" variants.
    - Some levels are definitely NOT coop friendly. Several of the levels will have sections that force the player along. But only one player at a time. That ends up killing the other player.

Overall, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it if you enjoy mario/yoshi games.

Now playing: Transistor, FFRK.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I beat the campaign in Anno 2205 but there's still much to do.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. It's a little easier than 2070 or 1404 but I really like some of the stuff they streamlined and I appreciate not needing to directly compete for land with other factions as I never enjoyed that part of the previous games. Also aside from the first time it's introduced to you, combat is entirely optional which is good because it's terrible.

Found a copy of the first Armored Core at a shop yesterday and picked it up because it was strangely missing from my collection (played a ton when I was younger, not sure what happened to my copy). Played a few missions last night and still think it's pretty fun. Controls will take some getting used to (pre-analog stick, so it's tank controls for the d-pad, L1 and R1 strafe, L2 and R2 move the camera up and down) but not as bad as I thought they would be.

Also picked up Sunless Sea and have put an hour or two into it. Seems good thus far but I've just scratched the surface.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I beat the campaign in Anno 2205 but there's still much to do.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. It's a little easier than 2070 or 1404 but I really like some of the stuff they streamlined and I appreciate not needing to directly compete for land with other factions as I never enjoyed that part of the previous games. Also aside from the first time it's introduced to you, combat is entirely optional which is good because it's terrible.
    The combat really is bad, can you even group your ships because I can't figure out how to? I'm not loving the game but I like it, it feels a little simplistic to me but i'm not very far into it so I'm not writing it off but with The Witcher 3 DLC and Fallout 4 I'm not sure how much time I will be able to dedicate to it in the near future.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    The combat really is bad, can you even group your ships because I can't figure out how to? I'm not loving the game but I like it, it feels a little simplistic to me but i'm not very far into it so I'm not writing it off but with The Witcher 3 DLC and Fallout 4 I'm not sure how much time I will be able to dedicate to it in the near future.
    You mean grouped up in a hotkey? I don't think there's any way to do so. There's a dedicated button for each ship as well as one for selecting all the ships. But as I said, combat is terrible.

The game is definitely more simplistic than the previous games but it doesn't lose a lot of what makes that series special. The main thing is that you won't be fiddling around trying to find the optimal configuration for your production buildings in this one. I don't know about you but after a couple dozen hours playing 2070 I cheated at this by going to the wiki and looking up the optimal layouts, so I don't mind that this has been simplified.

It's fun juggling the 3 different region types and setting up trade routes between them to keep your population happy and your income in the positive. If you're still just on the Temperate region you're going to feel like this game is way too easy.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Played Vermintide a lot which I really enjoyed as well as Ark which never seems to end. Have put them both on hold now that FO4 is out. Such a great game...
    Last edited by taggart6; 11-11-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

You mean grouped up in a hotkey? I don't think there's any way to do so. There's a dedicated button for each ship as well as one for selecting all the ships. But as I said, combat is terrible.

The game is definitely more simplistic than the previous games but it doesn't lose a lot of what makes that series special. The main thing is that you won't be fiddling around trying to find the optimal configuration for your production buildings in this one. I don't know about you but after a couple dozen hours playing 2070 I cheated at this by going to the wiki and looking up the optimal layouts, so I don't mind that this has been simplified.

It's fun juggling the 3 different region types and setting up trade routes between them to keep your population happy and your income in the positive. If you're still just on the Temperate region you're going to feel like this game is way too easy.
    I'm in the Arctic region ATM, but I also just bought the Steam Controller so I have all kinds of new stuff to mess with lol.
    -Oscar Wilde

Started playing Driver: San Francisco. Played about an hour and a half so far and I'm liking it a lot. It's like Grand Theft Auto if the only missions were driving missions and you never have to get on foot. Basically you are in a coma or something but your spirit can leave your body, so you just hit a button and it zooms out of your car to the city map, from which you simply pan around and select any car or mission you want to do as your spirit possesses the driver and you're just dropped into the car/mission. Love how streamlined it feels.
    Last edited by monroeski; 11-17-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Driver: San Francisco is my second favorite racing game of all-time behind only San Francisco Rush: 2049 (just realized the naming, that's weird lol).

On another note, Fallout 4 kinda sucks. It is so clunky.
    -Oscar Wilde

No. It is not. It's a fallout game, I really have no idea what people were expecting? The second coming of the Vault Dweller I guess.

But compared to FO3 and FONV it is far from "clunky". And a way better game than both as well.
    War... War never changes.

I'm liking it a lot! I find it way better than FO3.

I put it on Very Easy and just played through the rest of the game to finish it. I wouldn't give it more than a 6 and that feels generous. Playing Fallout 4 felt like I went back in time to 2005 and I did not like that feeling.
    -Oscar Wilde

I put it on Very Easy and just played through the rest of the game to finish it. I wouldn't give it more than a 6 and that feels generous. Playing Fallout 4 felt like I went back in time to 2005 and I did not like that feeling.
    I'm level 65 and have only done the first part of the main quest. If you just rushed through the main quest, you did both the game and yourself a disservice.

I'm liking it a lot! I find it way better than FO3.
    It is way better than FO3. Heads and shoulders above to be honest. Gun-play is better, the locations and artwork is excellent, and unlike FO3, you don't spend 90% of the game getting lost in copycat subway tunnels.