The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 93

Sharky Forums

Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Finished Diablo 3/RoS. Did not quite enjoy it as much as D2 and it took the 2nd or 3rd time playing it to get into it. Do not like the way the skills are set up. Seems a little more linear than the prior game...it's probably not. Son and I are now farming adventure mode for the lootz.

Just finished XCOM 2. I loved it. Awesome game.

Next up: Fire Emblem Fates?

One Finger Death Punch - Not done with it yet, but having a lot of fun with it. Very simple controls (just "attack right" and "attack left"), very fast paced action. Going through the campaign right now and a lot of it is pretty redundant; tons of levels that feel the exact same as others, which is to be expected from a game like this, but there are just WAY too many levels to get through before completing the campaign and moving to the next difficulty. Great in spurts. Been playing on PC, but it was ported to mobile devices and I think it would be great for those.

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - Decent enough if you can get it for a dollar or two. Just about 1.5 hours to complete. Mainly like it for how the battle system is structured and how I can use some inspiration from it for a game I'm designing in my free time.

Collapse - Really bad. I have a soft spot for janky games a lot of the time, particularly Euro/Russo jank, but this just isn't a good game. May have stuck with it longer if the melee enemies weren't super damage sponges compared to the ranged enemies and if dodging/blocking controls/animations were better when you're fighting a group of said melee enemies.

Blood of the Werewolf - decent enough for an indie platformer. Some frustrating bits, a lot of paint-by-numbers level design, and a clear first (or otherwise very early) effort from a new indie developer. Can't really recommend it, but I will be watching the developer to see what their next game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Next up: Fire Emblem Fates?
    Just got my special edition in the mail yesterday.

Got a little bent up in the mail, though, which is unfortunate. Wasn't actually sure if I was going to pick it up at launch or not originally, as I haven't finished Awakening yet, but once I heard how low the stock of the SE was I decided to just preorder it back in November just to "reserve my spot" (and still have several months to cancel if I wanted to). Amazon and most places were already sold out at the time, but I got one at Gamestop and my preorder wasn't cancelled like many apparently were.

Probably won't play it for a while, as it's a long one and I'm working on clearing out my backlog right now (which means mostly shorter stuff), but there was no way I was going to cancel that preorder. At a minimum, even if I decided I didn't want it after all, I figured I could just sell the SE for 3 times what I bought it for (though as of now I plan to keep it).
    Last edited by monroeski; 02-24-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just beat Superhot which is a super fun and addictive game. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Played a round with Stardew valley. I'm not sure what to think about it. The farming and crafting section looks pretty developed but the combat is too simple for my taste.

Currently playing through Xcom which I never beat. I'm having a fun time with the expansion but i forgot how unforgiving the game is if you make a mistake on the build and research order. Its frustrating and something that still bothers me. Also satellites taking 20 days to build is f-ing stupid.
    Last edited by taggart6; 03-02-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    Been playing through the HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth series while walking on the treadmill lately. It's an oddly prototypical JRPG with a self-aware nod towards the general idea of games being targeted at teenage males. Not an amazing series, but good as a mindless time sink while walking to nowhere in my basement.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I think i'm done with Dragon's Dogma. I put about 75 hours into it and it was very fun for the most part, solid 8.5/10. I did have issues with the camera angle during boss climbing though, on New Game+ and after certain events transpire, you find yourself in situations where the camera is literally just spinning. I would say it probably deserves two scores, a 9.0/10 for an initial play-through and a 7.0 for a second. A lot of my frustrations happened once the difficulty spiked up.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    I can't stop playing Rocket League. I've been playing it since release and it's all I ever play.
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Quote Originally Posted by PointlesS View Post
    I can't stop playing Rocket League. I've been playing it since release and it's all I ever play.
    I've got about 10 hours in and like it a lot.

Never did anything but go straight to multiplayer, though, so I want to go back and do the tutorials at some point. Planned on just skipping them but I heard they introduce some of the more advanced skills so I'm thinking it may be worth the effort.

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    I've got about 10 hours in and like it a lot.

Never did anything but go straight to multiplayer, though, so I want to go back and do the tutorials at some point. Planned on just skipping them but I heard they introduce some of the more advanced skills so I'm thinking it may be worth the effort.
    The tutorial stuff is great. I've got almost 400 hours in it and I still load up the practice stuff when I'm waiting for matchmaking.
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

I'm playing The Division on Xbox. Much better than the beta in my opinion. Tons of side quests and the graphics seem a bit sharper too. Matchmaking has been flawless for me. So far so good. Feel free to join up on me if anyone else is playing.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

Not a game, but did anyone go see 10 Cloverfield Lane? John Goodman is so freaking awesome in that movie.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by fastitocalon View Post
    Not a game, but did anyone go see 10 Cloverfield Lane? John Goodman is so freaking awesome in that movie.
    John Goodman is a great actor. Totally underrated! I haven't seen the movie yet but I want to.

I'm playing through Lords of the Fallen and I like it but I have realized something and that is I just don't enjoy this type of game too much anymore. The gameplay of the original Souls' game was a revolution but with each subsequent release and the copycats it has just gotten stale for me. I played Demon's Souls on PS3 and couldn't quite get into it but then with the original Dark Souls the gameplay just clicked, it was the Super Mario Bros 3 of this generation. Then with Dark Souls 2 which I really enjoyed but lost interest with the DLC and then never even playing Bloodborne I thought maybe Dark Souls 3 would rekindle my interest but it hasn't. I think I will be skipping 3 just like I did Bloodborne.
    -Oscar Wilde

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Finally beat X-Com: Enemy Within

Fun game but the last 1/4 felt less polished and repetitive. The Psi abilities were kinda meh compared to the MEC and gene augmentations, but I guess it played differently before the expansion.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.