The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 95

Sharky Forums

Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Great White Shark
    Finished up all 3 Hyperdimension Neptunia games I picked up during a Steam sale around christmas. Lots of grinding, not a lot of fun, but they are 100% complete now, so I never have to play them again.

I just picked up two of the "Tales" series of games on Steam, might play those, or might go back to something less involved.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Digging the Overwatch beta. Mostly play as Hanzo.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Just rooted my 3ds so I'm pretty much obsessed with it now that I can play homebrew and region free games. Playing Monster Hunter X at the moment which is an odd experience.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    I ended up making the mistake of falling back into Tales of Symphonia on Steam. The new PC release includes the extra content that wasn't originally released on the gamecube release, meaning I have new stuff to find, rather than just running down memory lane with a quick playthrough.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Just rooted my 3ds so I'm pretty much obsessed with it now that I can play homebrew and region free games. Playing Monster Hunter X at the moment which is an odd experience.
    Details plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Details plz.
    What firmware is your 3ds at? If you are at 11 you might be hosed for now.

I did it a bout 2 weeks ago or so when it was still at 10.7 using this guide:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

it takes about 8 hours (lots of backing up) and I highly recommend you format your 3ds before you attempt to ensure a higher success rate when installing sysUpdater and preventing a softbrick. If you soft brick, then you have to re-download the latest firmware from Nintendo which (since its 11) will make rooting your system impossible unless you are willing to hardmod it to downgrade to 10.7 or 9.2.

I didn't format my 3ds and I softbricked twice. luckily we were still on 10.7 so it wasn't a big issues when I had to reinstall the firmware from Nintendo. I wiped mine clean and then had no issue.

The guide basically loads new boot loader code into the arm9 processor of the NDS as well as 4 tools that allow you to write directly to the arm9 processor, arm11 processor, config the custom firmware at boot-up, and rip games from the 3ds slot. Its great! I have my firmware imaged in case anything ever happens, a bunch of custom themes, a cheat program that acts like a game genie, video recorder, and more, some crazy apps like a coin generater for the Mii plaza games, and the ability to install games CIA directly to the sd card. I basically put all my cartridge games right on my 3ds now.
    Last edited by taggart6; 05-17-2016 at 10:14 AM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What firmware is your 3ds at? If you are at 11 you might be hosed for now.

I did it a bout 2 weeks ago or so when it was still at 10.7 using this guide:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

it takes about 8 hours (lots of backing up) and I highly recommend you format your 3ds before you attempt to ensure a higher success rate when installing sysUpdater and preventing a softbrick. If you soft brick, then you have to re-download the latest firmware from Nintendo which (since its 11) will make rooting your system impossible unless you are willing to hardmod it to downgrade to 10.7 or 9.2.

I didn't format my 3ds and I softbricked twice. luckily we were still on 10.7 so it wasn't a big issues when I had to reinstall the firmware from Nintendo. I wiped mine clean and then had no issue.

The guide basically loads new boot loader code into the arm9 processor of the NDS as well as 4 tools that allow you to write directly to the arm9 processor, arm11 processor, config the custom firmware at boot-up, and rip games from the 3ds slot. Its great! I have my firmware imaged in case anything ever happens, a bunch of custom themes, a cheat program that acts like a game genie, video recorder, and more, some crazy apps like a coin generater for the Mii plaza games, and the ability to install games CIA directly to the sd card. I basically put all my cartridge games right on my 3ds now.
    Thanks. I have an old 3DS XL that I haven't used in a year; I intended to sell it but never did. I'll give this a try on there.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    Just finished Quantum Break and I really liked it. The shooting was fairly unremarkable but I enjoyed using the powers and the atmosphere was top notch. I would give it a solid 8.5/10 and would definitely buy the sequel if they happen to keep the franchise going.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

I beat Doom! I loved it!

Just Beat 2 Mii Plaza Games: Garden and The Space Fighter. I installed SpillPass on my Rasberry Pi at home so I get new streeepasses on my 3ds every few mins. Its made the mii plaza game so much easier to beat!

Just Beat 2 Mii Plaza Games: Garden and The Space Fighter. I installed SpillPass on my Rasberry Pi at home so I get new streeepasses on my 3ds every few mins. Its made the mii plaza game so much easier to beat!
    I do the Streetpass Mii thing about once a year; when I go to a convention of some sort, usually one of the PAXes. Most of the time I already have 10 more people lined up at the gate before I'm even done getting puzzle pieces from the current group, and I do the puzzle pieces before I do Find Mii.

Dipped back in to Marvel Heroes over the last few days. Quit it before for all the freemium stuff annoying me, but a friend told me it was real easy to get a free hero ticket from the current anniversary event so I dipped back in to check it out. Got the ticket and Rogue after just a little while, and now I have enough splinters to pick up about 3 random characters, so with my newly found variety I may stick with it for a bit.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    I just finished up The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine and it is very good. This is the first time I've ever felt the pang of sadness knowing it was the end of a game/series. I will miss playing as Geralt.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Dipped back in to Marvel Heroes over the last few days. Quit it before for all the freemium stuff annoying me, but a friend told me it was real easy to get a free hero ticket from the current anniversary event so I dipped back in to check it out. Got the ticket and Rogue after just a little while, and now I have enough splinters to pick up about 3 random characters, so with my newly found variety I may stick with it for a bit.
    Do you have any tips for getting into that game as a new player? I tried dipping into it a few months ago and was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff in there. Tons of items, crafting materials, everyone has like 20 different skills which can all be leveled up, there's multiple shops, there's Hank Pym who you can use to build things that don't seem to have any use, you can sell items to vendors/Hank for XP rather than cash, what the hell are Team-Ups, what the hell is Cosmic Leveling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    Do you have any tips for getting into that game as a new player? I tried dipping into it a few months ago and was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff in there. Tons of items, crafting materials, everyone has like 20 different skills which can all be leveled up, there's multiple shops, there's Hank Pym who you can use to build things that don't seem to have any use, you can sell items to vendors/Hank for XP rather than cash, what the hell are Team-Ups, what the hell is Cosmic Leveling, etc.
    The short version is "Ignore practically everything and just kill things and level up until level 60."

Once you have a basic equipment setup only bother with yellows and uniques. Collect all currencies and anything and everything that stacks multiples in a single inventory slot even if you don't know what it is or how to use it (I have piles of crafting items that I don't know what to do with). I pretty much ignore all the vendors. Don't ever, EVER ignore an Eternity Splinter laying on the ground, they're how you get new characters and are basically the most premium currency in the game except the one you can only get with real money. Inventory space is at an absolute premium if you're not a real money spender so don't grow too attached to anything that's not stackable or currently equipped.

A lot of all the garbage you see just doesn't really matter until you hit max level (60) and can do post game stuff; you might find some better equipment laying around or craft an item that can help, but leveling in general is so quick in the game that most of what you get is fairly short lived, so if you spend any time poring over the stat differences between two items before you're actually having trouble progressing you're probably just wasting time. When you run Midtown Madness (in the Midtown zone every Monday, currently going every day for a month for the anniversary) scenes like this are commonplace where literally the only thing you care about is one item in the huge pile. How else will you sort through all that?

Story missions can take a bit of getting used to, particularly for a non-MMO guy like me (maybe the rest of you are used to it), because you sometimes have to do a little searching for where a quest mob spawns but there are so many other people wandering around killing mobs that you could walk right over the spawn point multiple times and never realize it.

As for your specific topics, I mostly ignore Pym, and really all the vendors; I used to care about selling things but Midtown Madness makes you realize how prolific everything is. Team-ups are basically like mercenaries in Diablo, but you have to unlock new ones just like you unlock playable characters.Cosmic Leveling doesn't matter until level 60.
    Last edited by monroeski; 06-08-2016 at 04:20 PM.