The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 96

Sharky Forums

Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Thanks man, that was really helpful!

Great White Shark
    Is that a mobile game, or a console game?

I'm pretty burnt out on my replay through Tales of Symphonia. Didn't realize the Steam version was the remastered version they put out on PS3. With the extra achievements (specifically, getting the extra titles for each soulmate option), it now takes a minimum of 5 playthroughs to 100% the game. Which is also false, because they fixed a long standing typo in an achievement, and broke the achievement. So now the game can never be 100% complete for anybody who didn't "pop" the achievement before they fixed the typo.

Might switch back to Xbox 360 and start migrating my save games into the cloud in preparation for moving to an Xbox One next year when scorpio comes out.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Is that a mobile game, or a console game?
    PC. It's Diablo in the Marvel Universe.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Playing Hyrule Warriors which I'm having a love hate time with. Its a fund mindless game at times and the collectible side of it has me coming back for more. But it does feel grindy at times and I'm not sure how to do a lot of stuff like fairy management and the adventure play option.

there is this thin in the adventure mode where you have an old school zelda map that you work through each section at at time unlocking items and what not. however some of them are hidden which requires you to use other special items to revel them. But each item is only one use and a single section could have 7 hiding spots. So I'm not sure what the best way to mange this.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What you gonna do?!? fastitocalon's Avatar
    So I tried playing Bloodborne, I cannot do it though. I swear these consoles this gen are junk. I am not the best Souls' player but I can beat the games (1,2,3) and Bloodborne felt slightly easier to be honest, but I did still die and when I did holy crap the load times! Bloodborne seemed really cool but I cannot handle bad loads and low fps, that is a deal breaker.
    A true friend stabs you in the front.
    -Oscar Wilde

Gamertag: Kelkeen
    PSN ID: Kelkeen
    Heatware: Fastitocalon
    Steam: Fastitocalon

http://raptr.com/badge/dfea8180810e4...7590e2b/fs.png

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    there is this thin in the adventure mode where you have an old school zelda map that you work through each section at at time unlocking items and what not. however some of them are hidden which requires you to use other special items to revel them. But each item is only one use and a single section could have 7 hiding spots. So I'm not sure what the best way to mange this.
    I'm pretty sure you can grind to get additional items, but instead I just cheat.

The secrets are the same as the original Legend of Zelda map, so you can find them pretty easily just by using something like this: http://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/zelda/maps/overworld.png

Yeah I'm doing that, but you still need to grind for items to get them and then use them. I put it on hold though as I work through Bravely Second. Such a great RPG. THough all that goes out the door July 15th when my copy of MHG arrives.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Played through Zeno Clash and Zeno Clash 2 over the last few weeks. Not bad, pretty janky, but they did first person melee combat pretty well. Gets praised a lot for the uniqueness of the setting and designs and such but sometimes it felt like being weird for the sake of being weird.

I liked them, but they wouldn't be for everybody. You'll know well within the Steam refund period of 2 hours whether or not you'll hate them, though, imo.

Great White Shark
    So, the wife and I have been playing Pokemon Go. Other than that, I'm replaying FFXIII on PC (picked up on steam sale) and a few couch coop games (Castle Storm, Zombie Party, etc.)

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So, the wife and I have been playing Pokemon Go. Other than that, I'm replaying FFXIII on PC (picked up on steam sale) and a few couch coop games (Castle Storm, Zombie Party, etc.)
    Any standout tips? Trying to get into Pk Go because so many coworkers and friends are playing it, but I don't load it up that much. Took forever just to get to level 10. I guess it's hard to level up without my nose in the phone while walking around.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Any standout tips? Trying to get into Pk Go because so many coworkers and friends are playing it, but I don't load it up that much. Took forever just to get to level 10. I guess it's hard to level up without my nose in the phone while walking around.
    Catch everything. you get more points for new captures, but you still need to grind for candy and dust.

My son and his friends are into this PK Go game. He's logged 75 km so far since it's been out locking down several gyms by us. He keeps insisting I play too..but I'm afraid of getting addicted LOL.
    Xbox gamertag: oWastelander
    Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 5980HX Radeon RX6800M
    ASUS 27 QHD 2K External Display
    Xbox Series X

I actually made it to level 17 by taking a coworker's advice. Once you have tons of basic creatures like Pidgeys, pop an experience egg and evolve them all. You get double experience with the egg, so 1000 xp per evolution. Considering the number of pidgeys, rattatas, weedles, etc I had... it was pretty nuts. Got 3 levels per egg. Then just trade in all of the creatures you evolved except the highest level one, so you get a candy per.

If you're just starting out, do the above, and like taggart said catch them all. Specifically target pokemon that only require 12 candies to evolve if you have a choice (pidgey, weedle, caterpie, etc).

Anyone have any other good tips?
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I actually made it to level 17 by taking a coworker's advice. Once you have tons of basic creatures like Pidgeys, pop an experience egg and evolve them all. You get double experience with the egg, so 1000 xp per evolution. Considering the number of pidgeys, rattatas, weedles, etc I had... it was pretty nuts. Got 3 levels per egg. Then just trade in all of the creatures you evolved except the highest level one, so you get a candy per.

If you're just starting out, do the above, and like taggart said catch them all. Specifically target pokemon that only require 12 candies to evolve if you have a choice (pidgey, weedle, caterpie, etc).

Anyone have any other good tips?
    - Unless actively fighting in gyms etc, clear out your potions to make room for more pokeballs.
    - Definitely farm small cost (12 candy) evolution pokemon like everyone said. Experience Egg + evolves is awesome.
    - If you happen to be near an opposing team's gym, fight it while you have the egg active, each battle run can get you 1000-1500 experience with the egg active.
    - Early morning and late evening a lot of rarer pokemon seem to spawn. (This is an observation based on EDT in Georgia.)
    - New update to the game fixes something I've been wanting: Favorited pokemon can no longer accidentally be transferred to the professor.

Out of the current 142 possible pokemon, I've caught 99. My wife is up to 101. Unfortunately, a lot of the evolution's are going to take a lucky find, or months of still-lucky finds for the rare lower level guys to get enough candy to evolve to the even rarer high level guy.
    Last edited by James; 07-31-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Not playing a whole lot lately, mostly still just playing the same long term stuff (Marvel Heroes, Assault Android Cactus), but I have started a few new games lately -

• ENYO Arcade - meh.
    • Flywrench - Lots of fun, but I can only really play it for a few minutes at a time for whatever reason. Could probably beat the whole thing in just an hour or two otherwise.
    • Epistory - Typing Chronicles - Also lots of fun, but I've been a big fan of typing games in general for just about my whole life so YMMV.

All of the issues with Pokemon GO are making me want to play an actual mainline Pokemon game for the first time in a while. Played pretty much every game in the series starting on launch day up through Black and White, but haven't played any since then, so I think I missed 3 (Black/White 2, X/Y, and Ruby/Sapphire remakes). Have some friends playing X right now so I'll probably grab Y.
    Last edited by monroeski; 08-01-2016 at 10:51 AM.