The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 98

Sharky Forums

Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    playing fortnite now...not sure what to think of it.p
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Jumped back into Marvel Heroes for a weeklong bonus experience event.

Started up Pokemon Y. As I thought about all the things I don't like about Pokemon GO I realized how many of them are solved in the mainline games so I hopped back in.

Started Project: Snowblind not too long ago as well. Pretty good so far, controls are a little off but overall (having never played it before) I think it has aged pretty well.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I beat Starbound! I liked it! It's so much better than it was when I last played it 2 years ago. I still like Terraria better.

Now I started over again with a bunch of mods installed (including the Frackin' Universe mod which seems to add a ridiculous amount of stuff).

Next up: EDF! EDF!! EDF!!! (Earth Defense Force 4.1)

EDIT: BONUS COMPLETION - I beat the 4th Hitman episode this weekend in a few different ways. It's good, but probably my least favorite map thus far. There's not a lot of room for play/experimentation but what's there is fun.

EDIT, EDIT: Also I finally started playing Dishonored.
    Ran into an issue early on in Starbound. Had to go to a nearby planet and find artifacts to find clues to the first..gem? Searched the entire village and found 90% of the stuff. Can't seem to find the last 10%. Do I need to find dungeons in the ground?
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Ran into an issue early on in Starbound. Had to go to a nearby planet and find artifacts to find clues to the first..gem? Searched the entire village and found 90% of the stuff. Can't seem to find the last 10%. Do I need to find dungeons in the ground?
    Gathering that information can be tricky! Sometimes you can get it all in one place, other times you need to visit a few planets. Finding all the Avian stuff was the hardest for me personally.

If you've scanned everything in a village and talked to everyone in that village and still don't have enough to move on with the story - you're done there. Check the rest of the planet surface and if you can't find what you need, move on to a different planet and hope to find another dungeon, temple, or village with stuff you haven't seen yet.

I'm fairly certain I still have my old universe saved if you want to meet up and see if I can use the matter replicator to help you out.

Dove back in to Titan Quest with the release of the Anniversary Edition. Such a good game, maybe my favorite ever in the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Dove back in to Titan Quest with the release of the Anniversary Edition. Such a good game, maybe my favorite ever in the genre.
    Grim Dawn is good, damn good... But Titan Quest is still the pinnacle of ARPGs in my opinion.

I have the Anniversary Edition downloaded, but am hesitant to start it just yet, due to the fact I know I'll lose myself in it again.
    War... War never changes.

Gathering that information can be tricky! Sometimes you can get it all in one place, other times you need to visit a few planets. Finding all the Avian stuff was the hardest for me personally.

If you've scanned everything in a village and talked to everyone in that village and still don't have enough to move on with the story - you're done there. Check the rest of the planet surface and if you can't find what you need, move on to a different planet and hope to find another dungeon, temple, or village with stuff you haven't seen yet.

I'm fairly certain I still have my old universe saved if you want to meet up and see if I can use the matter replicator to help you out.
    How do I even leave a sector? There are only two planets where I am at and only one has people I can search.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    Grim Dawn is good, damn good... But Titan Quest is still the pinnacle of ARPGs in my opinion.

I have the Anniversary Edition downloaded, but am hesitant to start it just yet, due to the fact I know I'll lose myself in it again.
    you know, I could never get into TQ. I really wanted to, but I jsut couldn't/ I honestly don't know what it was.

Looks like TQ Vault/TQ Defiler still work on the anniversary edition after a little bit of tweaking. Makes the game a lot easier to replay IMO as you can just skip a lot of that early slog.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    How do I even leave a sector? There are only two planets where I am at and only one has people I can search.
    You need to land on a nearby moon to get the ore you can use for fuel. Pink stuff, I don't remember the name. Starts with an E, I think. It's the only stuff you'll even find on a moon so you can't miss it. Oh, and moons don't have a breathable atmosphere so be sure to build your first EPP before you depart.

If for some reason your starting system doesn't have any moons, you can buy liquid fuel from the vendor to the left of the outpost.

After you've put some fuel in your ship, just sit down in the captain's chair and zoom out until your system becomes a dot in a sea of black amid other dots. Those other dots are other star systems. Mouseover the different stars to find out what kind they are. Click on them to see how much fuel it would take to travel to and to see what kind of planets are out there. Stick to the "Gentle" stars until you've geared up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart6
    you know, I could never get into TQ. I really wanted to, but I jsut couldn't/ I honestly don't know what it was.
    Same here. Something about that game just didn't appeal to me back when it came out. It felt really janky for some reason. I started up a new game after Anniversary Edition was released and I think it's pretty okay.

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski
    Looks like TQ Vault/TQ Defiler still work on the anniversary edition after a little bit of tweaking. Makes the game a lot easier to replay IMO as you can just skip a lot of that early slog.
    Can you elaborate on how this improves the game? Should I be using this as a mostly new player?
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 09-12-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Can you elaborate on how this improves the game? Should I be using this as a mostly new player?
    Character modder. Lets you change your skill, mastery points, point allocation, money, open any waypoints, etc. Basically a full on cheat program.

Once you've played through the game for a while, it's not too fun to restart from square 1 to try out a new character build, especially with all of the possible available builds (45 total class combinations).

I like to jack my character up to level 30 or so (IIRC) and unlock the second difficulty so I can skip straight to it. Also have to get a bunch of money and unlock all the waypoints in the first difficulty, as the equipment available in the first village of the second difficulty sucks compared to the last shop of the first difficulty, and monsters in that second difficulty will make short work of you without some decent equipment no matter if your level is up to par.
    Last edited by monroeski; 09-12-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Hammerhead Shark innocentbastard's Avatar
    Not worth starting a thread over it, but I have 3 invites to the closed alpha for For Honor which is having a test this weekend. Add brennok on Uplay and then I can invite you.

DL is 13GB and runs 15th 9:00 AM EST-18th at 8:00 PM EST.
    Currently Playing:
    PC: BFBC2, MOH, COD: Black Ops
    360: nothing

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbastard View Post
    Not worth starting a thread over it, but I have 3 invites to the closed alpha for For Honor which is having a test this weekend. Add brennok on Uplay and then I can invite you.

I'd love to check that out. I'm Kamakazie27 on UPlay. I have sent you a friend invite.

EDIT: Thanks, man. I played one duel and this game seems really cool.
    Last edited by Kamakazie; 09-15-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbastard View Post

I'll take one. I'm either taggart6 or whexican. Most likely taggart6. We might already be friends too.

For Honor is really cool. I thought it was going to be just a third person Chivalry knock-off but it's totally different and a lot of fun.