The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next? - Page 99

Sharky Forums

Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1667

Thread: The last game you beat,did you like it and what are you playing next?

Great White Shark
    Been playing a bunch of Farcry 4 just recently. I find peaceful to wander around the mountains killing dictators.

In the meantime, I've not played anything "new" in the last 6 months or so. Work got crazy, and I ended up not even spending time here.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Started Always Sometimes Monsters a little while back. It's an RPG Maker game and it shows, but it's set in modern day so if it's using normal stock RPG Maker assets like 99.99% of the games out there it's not as obvious. Follows the tradition of games saying they have things like "realistic worlds and realistic interactions" when "realistic" actually means "everything about life is terrible" (crappy job, crappy apartment, just got broken up with, everyone's on drugs or having breakdowns, etc.). A few hours in and it's not too bad, though. It's at least a good change of pace type thing.

Got probably an hour in yesterday on Dust: An Elysian Tale and it seems good so far. Pretty polished.

Also started Earthtongue a few days ago but that's hard to review. It's kind of one of those non-game type things, as you're cultivating a very pixelly space garden.
    Last edited by monroeski; 09-26-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    The wife and I have started playing minecraft locally this week. It's been fun to discover some of the updates with the "Frostburn" release.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Dust: An Elysian Tale is pretty solid. I enjoyed it.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I've been liking Super Star Path but what I assume is the last level/boss kind of sucks. Very steep difficulty spike IMO.

::edit::
    I beat the last boss!

...then lost because I hadn't collected all the emeralds on previous levels and thus didn't have the power to finish him off in a final cutscene-ish thing. Weak.
    Last edited by monroeski; 10-18-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Finished Dust. Not bad, combat was fun, but I didn't like the minimap and the cutscene/dialogue art was very high-schooler-sketchbook.

Minimap has each room as just one node, no matter the size, so you can't track how big each room is, how much of each one you've uncovered, etc. like in most Metroidvanias I've played. Really killed my desire to go back for secrets when I got new travel powers.

Expensive Sushi
    Beat Dead Space.. Awesome.. will replay this

Dreaming Sarah - Very short, super cheap, pretty obtuse at times and hard to figure out what to do next.
    Wicce - Short, indie platformer. Fun enough for how cheap it was.
    Song of the Deep - Was a little disappointed to find out this was made by Insomniac because, while it was fun for the most part, there were some pretty obvious flaws that are the kind of thing you excuse for an indie but not for the maker of Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank. Some physics issues but it's a game that's not a physics game. Like Dust there are also some issues with the art as far as determining what is interactive and what is just window dressing.
    A Story About My Uncle - I liked the gameplay of this one though the story was a bit meh. The grapple mechanic was fun, some pretty good moments launching around.

Great White Shark
    A Healer Only Lives Twice: Nice short-ish rogue-like where your job is to keep the hero alive. Only about 25 levels, plus replay on EX mode. Worth the money at sub $5.

Still playing FarCry4, and just started Evoland 2.

Been playing through the Hexcells series but I think once I finish 3 I won't move on to 4. Liked the first one but the sequel added a few things that are really frustrating IMO, primarily the ? blocks which just feel like cheap manufactured difficulty to me. There's also no suspend option I can fine but the puzzles are noticeably larger/more complicated and I hear that's a trend that continues in the 3rd game.

Still fun for the most part, and totally solveable with logic, but getting blocked by a ? block can be really frustrating in practice. Imagine playing Minesweeper but, instead of every cell showing the number of mines that block is touching, half the cells are just question marks that could be any number (including zero).

Great White Shark
    Against my better judgement I picked up Just Cause 3 when it was on sale this week. So I might jump into that as well.

Played Inside..it was alright. I don't get the hype around it.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Played Inside..it was alright. I don't get the hype around it.
    I've been wondering about that. It's the next game from the Limbo folks. Is all the hype just because of that?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've been wondering about that. It's the next game from the Limbo folks. Is all the hype just because of that?
    Dunno...I think most people like how eird it is but I just found it kinda boring.

Great White Shark
    Started playing Final Fantasy Explorers that I got for Christmas. It's a Monster Hunter-esque game. Lots of grinding for drops to upgrade gear. I've also started up (not intensely, just occasionally) final fantasy III on the PC. Played through it to 100% on the DS, but figured I would give it a go again. I find that grindy games like this are great for time on the treadmill. Help pass the time, and doesn't feel like a waste of time while grinding.