Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 123

Sharky Forums

Page 123 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1930

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's pretty dang awesome in my book. I think linoleum was the inventor of the reed farm. I've never messed with plant based timers before, but I know some people have. Neat to see it in action though.
    1. Any efficiency improvements are fine with me. I experimented with some daylight sensor stuff way back when I first set it up, but the output was significantly lower than the simple timer method.

2. Unless something has changed since I last logged in, we already have more sugar cane than we will ever need.

p.s. There is (again, unless things have changed) a very simple plant-based "timer" set up in the back side of the base (the wall closest to the giant nether portals)...it waits for a pumpkin to grow and then harvests it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    What's the error? Did you update your JRE recently?
    The error was pretty ambiguous. Just kind of crashed, wasn't even 100% sure it was Java. I updated my graphics drivers (which I almost never do on that computer, as it's an about 7 year old non-gaming computer) then uninstalled and reinstalled Java and everything works fine now.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

The ENDER DRAGON has returned. After James fixed the server, the ender dragon respawned. I set up a scheduled minecraft event on the Shark Pool steam group to slay it on Thursday at 10pm Eastern. We will meet at the spawn point. See you guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by toolfan View Post
    The ENDER DRAGON has returned. After James fixed the server, the ender dragon respawned. I set up a scheduled minecraft event on the Shark Pool steam group to slay it on Thursday at 10pm Eastern. We will meet at the spawn point. See you guys there.
    I will be there!

Voice comms? We should have voice comms. And whiskey.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I will be there!

Voice comms? We should have voice comms. And whiskey.
    Can we do it through Steam chat? Or Ventrillo? (Not sure what we need to get a Ventrillo server up and running).

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Dang...I'll be out of town then.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I don't have the faintest idea what killing an Ender Dragon entails but I'll try to be around. I think I have one crappy suit of armor right now, a steel sword, 8 arrows, and no bow, so I may be needing somebody else to equip me.
    Last edited by monroeski; 08-12-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    I don't have the faintest idea what killing an Ender Dragon entails but I'll try to be around. I think I have one crappy suit of armor right now, a steel sword, 8 arrows, and no bow, so I may be needing somebody else to equip me.
    You also have 2 days to get ready! I think you can now buy high end armor and weapons from a village blacksmith.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Do we have a place to enchant in that big Sharky hanger area?

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by taggart6 View Post
    Do we have a place to enchant in that big Sharky hanger area?
    Not sure, but if we don't, we can make one pretty quick. Also, across the way is Bruce's base that has a maxed out enchant area in it. His base is roughly here.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

You guys can buy a suit of diamond armor and a diamond sword from the blacksmith at the spawn point. You can get infinite emeralds from librarian next to him by trading paper and written books.

To enchant you can go to -56, 334 and use the xp farm. There is an enchanting table next to the farm.

I actually dont think the dragon will take us that long but it should be fun and gets everyone back into minecraft again.

Rush's base has a ton of enchanted books that you can use to enchant the armor and weapons. I don't know whether he is okay with us using them since he has been rarely on, but I won't tell if you don't.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by toolfan View Post
    ....You can get infinite emeralds from librarian next to him by trading paper and written books.
    I tried trading the librarian. He stopped trading after about 4 emeralds.
    Last edited by James; 08-14-2014 at 10:18 AM.

So...any chance on installing that dragon riding mod?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...mounts-r40-wip

It would be super helpful in traversing the map and just fun as heck to fly.
    Last edited by taggart6; 08-14-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I tried trading the librarian. He stopped trading after about 4 emeralds.
    To reset the trades you have to trade at least one of the last item. In the case of the librarian it is a written book. I have a stack of them in the chest next to the villagers. Once you trade one book, exit out of the trading screen and then wait a second until you see purple/pink bubbles around the villager. Then you can trade with the villager again with all trades open.