Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 122

Sharky Forums

Page 122 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1930

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I know it is probably someone's pride and joy, but I'm guessing the giant nether gate near the main base is causing the drama. It is spawning zombies there infinitely.
    How dare you blame my pride and joy?!

It's supposed to spawn zombies infinitely, it's a gold farm...but it sounds like something they changed in the latest updates has "broken" it, because it used to not work at all unless you were very close to it (as a farm, though, it theoretically would be better with the new behavior, aside from the crashing).

If someone wants to disable all the portals by removing a block from each or whichever other method you choose, it's fine by me. I haven't played in about 6 months.

How giant is this gate? Is it like, frighteningly large?

So I went back to spawn by removing my bed and dying - good lord there is a lot going on there. The immediate area outside spawn has hundreds or maybe thousands of pigs. It's generating such bad lag I fell into an unloaded part of that chunk, and now I can't move/die/etc.

James, can you please teleport me somewhere? Spawn would work. We have got to clean that area up...
    Last edited by Rush; 07-15-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

And to the left of that frame there are way more pigs. Someone wanted bacon for days...
    Last edited by Rush; 07-15-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    How giant is this gate? Is it like, frighteningly large?
    Take a look at the map: http://darksavior.net/~minecraft/#/-190/64/76/-2/0/0

*Edit: From what I understand, any time some one is on the server, chunk 0 (spawn) is active. Other chunks are only loaded/active when a player is in them, but chunk 0 is always loaded. Or at least that is the way I thought it worked awhile ago.

As for the pigs.... yeah, the whole area is kind of nuts these days.

*Edit 2: Rush, i didn't see you online just now when I logged to the console.
    Last edited by James; 07-15-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Expensive Sushi
    Gus here. I figured I would go ahead and create an account so that I didn't have to beg Rush to post on my behalf anymore.

Anyway, I was able to log in and deactivate the portal. I also started having a pig roast at the area Rush pointed out but was only able to make a small dent so far.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Can we ride dragons yet?

This is really the only thing keeping me from jumping back in.
    Last edited by taggart6; 07-16-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

It won't even let me log in right now - it's just timing out.

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetnessWP View Post
    Gus here. I figured I would go ahead and create an account so that I didn't have to beg Rush to post on my behalf anymore.

Anyway, I was able to log in and deactivate the portal. I also started having a pig roast at the area Rush pointed out but was only able to make a small dent so far.
    Thanks Gus! Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    It won't even let me log in right now - it's just timing out.
    Yeah, that's the way it was for me on my laptop last night. I didn't get a chance to try it from my PC though. I'll do that this afternoon after I get home from work.

*Edit, after nearly an hour of killing pigs with no end in sight, I decided to do what must be done. I've gone ahead and deleted the wrong-location chunks from the world, along with a few more entity purgings. I'll log back in to see what we have.

Spoiler

*Edit 2: Watching the server logs on startup, and after logging in, everything seems to be good. Nothing was lost from the main base that I can tell, and the pig problem seems much more manageable. There was a wrong chunk by the base, and it has been replaced with random terrain. So I think we are good!
    Last edited by James; 07-16-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Great work James! I logged in and the lag was nearly gone. I was able to tunnel my way out of the redefined chunk.

On the other side of base, the reed farm with an infinite clock was generating a bit of lag, the way it's set up. I deactivated it by removing anf replacing piece of redstone. Then I separated the clock from the farm by breaking the main link (highlighted in green):

If this upsets whoever created it, you can easily link it back and start it back up.

Fixed the problem by creating a random circuit based on pumpkin growth. Pumpkins grow fairly quickly, and every time this one grows, it completes a circuit that activates the reed farm for a few seconds. Then a glass block breaks the pumpkin and deactivates the circuit.

So I hope I'm not offending anyone by trying to improve efficiency here - but you're welcome to take down my circuit and turn on the original clock.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    That's pretty dang awesome in my book. I think linoleum was the inventor of the reed farm. I've never messed with plant based timers before, but I know some people have. Neat to see it in action though.

I was able to log in last night and experienced zero lag! Yay!

Expensive Sushi
    Awesome! Thanks James!

Hopped in and tooled around a bit over the weekend. Found a village right by some big herds of horses that I think I will make my home, though I've started getting some kind of error (I think with Java) and now I can't play the game at all. Can't play offline either so I'm pretty sure it's on my end, not the server's.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Hopped in and tooled around a bit over the weekend. Found a village right by some big herds of horses that I think I will make my home, though I've started getting some kind of error (I think with Java) and now I can't play the game at all. Can't play offline either so I'm pretty sure it's on my end, not the server's.
    What's the error? Did you update your JRE recently?