Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 102

Sharky Forums

Page 102 of 129 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1930

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    If anyone is ever near Jamestown and the big castle there, I built a massive melon farm under the castle, adjacent to (and below) the chest room (which is the basement). Never needs to be tilled/planted/etc, and it's on a timer. You could probably get several slots full of melon in one trip there.
    How did you put it on a timer? Mine is activated with a switch.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I also built in a switch so anyone heading to the collection area wouldn't have to wait for the timer to kick off. It's pretty much random - would say it averages a harvest every couple of minutes.

The timer is based on melons growing to complete a circuit. I think I have 4 inputs (melon spots) at the moment, so each time one grows, the entire farm harvests. The circuit wraps back around and terminates by crushing the input melon that grew. Considering the size of the farm and circuitry, it's pretty epic - you should check it out.

There's also a MASSIVE slime farm in the castle basement. Lots of cool stuff there. And I've built two XP machines - one in the normal world, one in the nether.

If anyone wants a tour of all this stuff, I'd be happy to show you around.
    Last edited by Rush; 06-05-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    I also built in a switch so anyone heading to the collection area wouldn't have to wait for the timer to kick off. It's pretty much random - would say it averages a harvest every couple of minutes.

The timer is based on melons growing to complete a circuit. I think I have 4 inputs (melon spots) at the moment, so each time one grows, the entire farm harvests. The circuit wraps back around and terminates by crushing the input melon that grew.

There's also a MASSIVE slime farm in the castle basement. Lots of cool stuff there. And I've built two XP machines - one in the normal world, one in the nether.
    So you've automated the game out of the game?

Seriously though, now that I'm done with my building, I think I'm going to have to wander around that castle you and your friends built. Sounds amazing.

*Edit: For what it's worth, apparently the lower 7 floors of my building are slime spawn points. I usually gain 1-2 levels from killing giant slimes while I wander down to the first floor melon farm.
    Last edited by James; 06-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Haha, just melon farming. I did it because melons go so quickly, and it sucks having to harvest more every time you want to explore.

The XP machines are for crafting purposes only. Makes it easy to harvest monsters and craft a weapon based on level 30-50. I hope the one in the regular game world still works - built it many patches ago and have not visited it in a while.

Other stuff.... hmm. The gate to the city is based on an XOR circuit, so it opens and shuts correctly from either side's switch. There's a room in the castle that plays "The Entertainer" - got the notes online and used note boxes and circuitry to create it. I dunno. Probably some other things I'm forgetting. The castle is too big, really, and we got bored of building out rooms before we even got started on that.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmcl7 View Post
    Whereabouts is the animal farm on the map?

John
    This is mine:
    http://darksavior.net/~minecraft/ind...64/464/max/0/0

@ around x=-2100, z=450.

It's hard to see on the map, but basically there are 4 "bottom" glass rooms (chickens, pigs, sheep, cows) and 4 "top" glass rooms above them (so you can walk between them without having the animals follow you out a door). The other part of the building has a wheat farm (because you use wheat to breed the animals) and a small melon farm so you can eat those rather than wasting the wheat on yourself.

Basically you just take some wheat into each area, give it to the occupants and they will breed. Then you are free to kill off a few of the parents for whatever their drop is (or shear the sheep, or wait for the chickens to lay eggs which is basically constant once you get enough of them in there).

And I've built two XP machines - one in the normal world, one in the nether.
    Somehow I got myself into your very long nether tunnel with the powered minecart tracks, and I think I passed a sign that said "to XP machine", but I didn't go investigate it.

If you see a zombie pigman on the tracks when you're riding in a minecart and you hop out to avoid hitting him, the cart will continue, he'll fall into it, and then he'll get the epic ride of his life, because it'll continue its powered motion with him in it just like it does when you're in it.

And you get the epic long walk of your life to try to get it back.

Yeah, that is an insanely long tunnel. I built about half the track - another friend of mine built the ENTIRE tunnel and half of the track. It must have taken him forever, especially with ghasts constantly attacking. The pig men spawning does suck, but if I see one ahead, I just take out the minecart I'm riding in with my sword, move to the other side of them, and jump back into it. The whole reason we built this was because we actually found a nether fortress and wanted safe/reliable transportation to get there.

The nether XP machine kinda sucks - it's cool, but way too unpredictable. I only use it if I need to harvest a ton of blaze rods. And I take several stacks of snowballs with me to finish off the blazes, since they actually can hit you if you're right up against the kill chamber.

I went and checked the regular world one about an hour ago, and it still works like a champ. No risk involved either.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Is anyone allowed to build inside the castle walls?
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidCrash View Post
    Is anyone allowed to build inside the castle walls?
    Absolutely, please feel free. At one point we wanted to offer castle rooms for people to move into, but like I said... we kinda got bored with it after actually building the thing. Most of the cool stuff is in its basement or further underground.

Each of us also built a big house within the grounds - I built the brick cape cod, Gus4NYR built the awesome symmetrical house in front of mine with nether brick, and De4 built the... unfinished... wooden house behind mine.

We had so many unfinished projects. Building more smaller houses, extending the aqueducts all over, finishing the castle, finishing the harbor, building a more efficient mob farm in the sky, ....
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Which castle is that? Also, who is Dejarin?

John

Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua NH D15 Cromax, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR 3200Mhz, Nvidia RTX 3080 10GB, 4TB SSD/26TB HDD. Fractal Design R6, Corsair RM850X
    Rocinante - Intel i7 8750H, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, 2.2TB SSD, Alienware M15 R1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmcl7 View Post
    Which castle is that? Also, who is Dejarin?

John
    i havent logged in awhile but the castle is a mile or two southeast of the main apartments i believe.. you really cant miss it if you are anywhere near it since it has the crying skull statue next to it

dejarin = linoleum
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

There's quite a few castles although sounds like it's the one with the courtyard to the northwest of the main area as it has various building in it, there's not much to the south east apart from Fort Tombstone or whatever the little desert town is called.

John
    Last edited by Johnmcl7; 06-06-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Leviathan - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, Noctua NH D15 Cromax, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR 3200Mhz, Nvidia RTX 3080 10GB, 4TB SSD/26TB HDD. Fractal Design R6, Corsair RM850X
    Rocinante - Intel i7 8750H, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, 2.2TB SSD, Alienware M15 R1

The entire melon farm at the main base can be harvested at the flick of a switch now.

Not sure who the red house is for, but the secret rooms aren't so secret with custom texture packs.

I left all the enchanted armor alone though, lol.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    The entire melon farm at the main base can be harvested at the flick of a switch now.
    Awesome, you finished it!