Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 104

Sharky Forums

Page 104 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1930

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski on 10/16/2011

What are you doing up there sheep there's no grass and you're just getting wet

This is from about two weeks ago.

Yaaay sheep!
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

http://i.imgur.com/TAW5I.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/RUeas.jpg

Been messing around in creative mode. Survival is fun most of the time, but I get tired of having to farm mats just to build simple things.
    New Build (Oct. 2012)
    -[ ASUS P8Z77-V |:| Intel Core i5-3550 |:| 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LP |:| EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB |:| Samsung 830 256GB |:| Windows 7 ]-
    Currently Playing
    -[ Sleeping Dogs |:| Guild Wars 2 |:| Torchlight 2 ]-

InsidiousIntent: I moved 3 more last night and it still wasn't enough.

Also a creeper showed up while I was redoing the water, so I think we lost a few of the minecart tracks (I fixed the area though); and, I switched to glass panes near the bottom of the ladder so you can (maybe) get a better estimate of what's down in there now.

The gate of the castle is busted. The switch on the outside wasn't working and I tried to fix it, there was lava in one of the passages and had cut the redstone connection. Next thing I know 2 creepers join me in the fixing attempt and blow half the gate mechanics out, I need help fixing it as I'm not too adept with pistons and redstone in general. (Happened a few days ago, if someone fixed it already, disregard this post)

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen View Post
    The gate of the castle is busted. The switch on the outside wasn't working and I tried to fix it, there was lava in one of the passages and had cut the redstone connection. Next thing I know 2 creepers join me in the fixing attempt and blow half the gate mechanics out, I need help fixing it as I'm not too adept with pistons and redstone in general. (Happened a few days ago, if someone fixed it already, disregard this post)

Man it took me a while to build that logic. I got pretty good at it at the time, but it will take some brushing up to rebuild the circuit.

*edit* Got the room cleared of lava. I'm thinking I may tunnel downward and create a safer room from which I can route the primary logic. Made wide enough, I should be able to run pathing alongside it for each gate as well, which was originally a tough issue (had to run a small tunnel underneath the circuit just to connect the front as input).
    Last edited by Rush; 06-25-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

Great White Shark
    Note:

Minecraft server (Sharky Adventure) is currently down. You can view the map here, but I've stop the server until I can figure out what is going on with it. Apparently it's been down for a day or two, but I've been out of the country. I'll look at it when I get home from work tonight.

Edit: Seems it freaked out when the leap second happened. Not sure how to fix this. I'll hit up Notch on twitter I guess or do a search at work today.
    Last edited by James; 07-02-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    leap second
    I did not know this was a thing. Thank you for bringing me knowledge.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-qantas-reddit

That's just crazy.

Also, http://blog.mozilla.org/it/2012/06/3...u-and-the-fix/
    * and a bunch of our IT guys have personal, at-home minecraft servers, which were also similarly affected.
    Last edited by linoleum; 07-02-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: 2nd link

Great White Shark
    Just found that link on my own as well. I will try the fix when I get home. As it is exactly what is happening. Java spins out to 10x CPU load quickly for no reason, then complains that it can't keep up.

And Kama, I didn't realize it either until I caught an article on it from one of my news feeds. Leap Seconds to offset the time skew caused by the deceleration of the earth's rotation. Just crazy.

Seems that there are definite fixes available which I might implement. NIST has offered a file and there is an NTP config you can do to make use of it so that in the future it works correctly.
    http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Supp...P#Section_6.14.
    ftp://tycho.usno.navy.mil/pub/ntp/le...nds.3535142400
    Last edited by James; 07-02-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I'm just glad the leap second didn't affect any of our customers or else my weekend would have been painful!

Great White Shark
    Fixed and running again.

server: mc.westeroscraft.com
    type: "/warp room"

mind = blown
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post

Man it took me a while to build that logic. I got pretty good at it at the time, but it will take some brushing up to rebuild the circuit.

*edit* Got the room cleared of lava. I'm thinking I may tunnel downward and create a safer room from which I can route the primary logic. Made wide enough, I should be able to run pathing alongside it for each gate as well, which was originally a tough issue (had to run a small tunnel underneath the circuit just to connect the front as input).
    Finally got some time to fix this over the weekend. I excavated the area under the gate in order to make some more room and surrounded the circuit with obsidian/metal bars. Ran the paths beside that and routed them upward. If the input or output lines get messed up again, they will be easy to fix.

So the city gate is operable again.
    <!-- caffeine break. -->