Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 30

Sharky Forums

Page 30 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    I agree completely. No /gives on the survival server.
    It's the only way to play that mode IMO.
    ...WAIT FOR IT

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    i'm down for a survival server with gives off. I'm also down for just wiping this current server since its turned more into a blast zone.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Taggart, check out Ultra Pit when you get a chance. It's a little deeper now...
    <!-- caffeine break. -->

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Yes, survival server without any help at all would be awesome. We'd have to get together at night in the castle and fight off the hordes of monsters haha.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    Is it possible to turn off /iron and /wood as well? Or maybe there will there be a new server to go with the new update that removes them anyway?
    I don't think I know those commands. What do they do?

*Edit: We can also easily fix the whole /give thing now. I just remove everyone (including me) from the admins/ops lists.
    Last edited by James; 10-26-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    Yes, survival server without any help at all would be awesome. We'd have to get together at night in the castle and fight off the hordes of monsters haha.
    Not if you plan the castle right.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Not if you plan the castle right.
    All obsidian. Notch was talking on PC Gamer podcast about some of his ideas for upcoming content. The survival mode will be ramped up where they actually plan attacks against your strong hold and the number of them increases as time goes on, so you have to constantly be moving as to not be overwhelmed. It would be called siege mode or something. He also wants base camps for the monsters that you can pillage.

He said eventually he wants to make PVP where people can get into teams and siege each other's keeps with siege weapons.

This game is going to be awesome, we are only at the beginning of minecraft awesomeness!

Epic. This guy is a frikkin genius.
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64

Who would have guessed that out of all the games I have home but haven't played yet, this blocky Lego reject would be the one I spend the most time with
    ...WAIT FOR IT

Great White Shark
    I'm going to finish my skyscraper in the current server, then I'm calling it done.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    All obsidian. Notch was talking on PC Gamer podcast about some of his ideas for upcoming content. The survival mode will be ramped up where they actually plan attacks against your strong hold and the number of them increases as time goes on, so you have to constantly be moving as to not be overwhelmed. It would be called siege mode or something. He also wants base camps for the monsters that you can pillage.

He said eventually he wants to make PVP where people can get into teams and siege each other's keeps with siege weapons.

This game is going to be awesome, we are only at the beginning of minecraft awesomeness!
    That all sounds like a very different game than the one I've been playing. As long as there's still some kind of exploration mode, though, it's cool; I just don't want the whole game to be that combat focused. A huge part of the success is people just wandering around, screwing around, building random things. Couldn't do that as well if you're worried about catapults every night.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

You guys are crazy. This thread is a constant source of entertainment.
    I'm seeing Minecraft everywhere. I woke up this morning under the covers, with just a little bit of light peeking through an opening at the other side of the bed and thought "ooh...cave!".
    Last edited by BoogyMan; 10-26-2010 at 06:13 PM.
    If I couldn't type drunk, I'd still be Expensive Sushi.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    That all sounds like a very different game than the one I've been playing. As long as there's still some kind of exploration mode, though, it's cool; I just don't want the whole game to be that combat focused. A huge part of the success is people just wandering around, screwing around, building random things. Couldn't do that as well if you're worried about catapults every night.
    I agree. However, from the looks of it, I'd expect multiple game modes to be allowed.

Personally, I would prefer a wide open exploration mode where you can run into "tribes" of baddies that start to mount attacks against you once you find them. You would have to spend the next few days fighting back until you wipe them out or scare them away. Once that is done, you can return to exploration until you run into the next tribe. This mixes up the exploration with some action without letting either become dominant.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I can't stop laughing at this... So stupid... lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-FORwG2oo
    Last edited by BoogyMan; 10-26-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    If I couldn't type drunk, I'd still be Expensive Sushi.

Yeah but we know there is nothing to find out there except more of what is close to our home base. There aren't huge cities that creatures have made, vast treasures, etc. What we have been doing is fun, but I will only be interested in building block stuff for a week or so more. There is no purpose right now. Notch says he wants to give the players a more unified goal, things to achieve in game. I believe he means level systems, more crafting options, risk oriented gameplay, and enhanced AI for the monsters.

IMO there can be much more to this game than a simple block builder.