Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 5

Sharky Forums

Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Hammerhead Shark innocentbastard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24 View Post
    Dig to the bottom of the map and then start clearing out tunnels. You will hit exotic stuff.
    I am digging pretty deep, but my map kind of sucks and I blow through picks constantly. I may have picked the wrong area to set up camp since I have so little time to explore.
    Currently Playing:
    PC: BFBC2, MOH, COD: Black Ops
    360: nothing

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Farming water right now to create my underground farm for wheat. You can farm water with a 3square row and 2 water sources. Pretty sweet!

Planting some seeds for food. Once thats done, I'll make an underground forest for trees.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/10/mi...g-water-slide/

Soundtrack is meh but the water slide is epic.
    Last edited by taggart6; 09-17-2010 at 07:09 PM.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Hammerhead Shark innocentbastard's Avatar
    What not to do in minecraft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs
    Currently Playing:
    PC: BFBC2, MOH, COD: Black Ops
    360: nothing

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbastard View Post
    Lol that was hilarious.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

LOL that is amazing!

LMAO awesome
    ...WAIT FOR IT

Great White Shark
    Now I kind of want to play this game. Just to burn down a house.

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

I finally managed to find enough time to mine all the way down to the bottom(?) of the map. Came across a small cavern with rubies and diamonds. I can't seem to mine them though, do I need a higher quality pick? I'm only using the stone pick at the moment but have enough iron to make a better one.

Also, ran into a creeper in the cavern and died - good thing I just decided to make a home right next to the respawn point First time I made a home it was pretty nice but I could never find it again after a death.
    ...WAIT FOR IT

Quote Originally Posted by Adisharr View Post
    I finally managed to find enough time to mine all the way down to the bottom(?) of the map. Came across a small cavern with rubies and diamonds. I can't seem to mine them though, do I need a higher quality pick? I'm only using the stone pick at the moment but have enough iron to make a better one.

Also, ran into a creeper in the cavern and died - good thing I just decided to make a home right next to the respawn point First time I made a home it was pretty nice but I could never find it again after a death.
    You can mine with stone but It'll take a long time. Make an iron pick and then a diamond pick. Diamond picks are awesome and last a long time.

Also, I don;t think there is an end. The current build of minecraft keeps replicating the world as your build and explore. From what I read in the forums, the world can theoretically be the size of 5 earths.

If you find lava, you can dump water on it to make obsidian. Its a ***** to mine but the best material against explosions.

A castle of obsidian would be epic.

You require an iron pick to mine gold, diamond and redstone. With anything less than iron you just break the ore and get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie View Post
    You require an iron pick to mine gold, diamond and redstone. With anything less than iron you just break the ore and get nothing.
    AHh I did not know that. I thought you could use stone. In fact, I'm sure I've used it to mine red stone and gold.

EDIT: Hmm...looks like I'm wrong. Damn, I could have sworn I used stone axe. Oh well.
    Last edited by taggart6; 09-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Ahh ok thanks guys - I was trying my stone pick on ruby but just keep breaking it apart with no results. I also had no idea the map was essentially bottomless - that's really cool, I figured when lava sowed up you were at the approximate bottom.
    ...WAIT FOR IT

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Ahh ok thanks guys - I was trying my stone pick on ruby but just keep breaking it apart with no results. I also had no idea the map was essentially bottomless - that's really cool, I figured when lava sowed up you were at the approximate bottom.
    Well, you hit a stone that is unmineable eventually. You can find gaps, but don't go too far down or you fall through.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

The world does have a bottom and a top too. You'll know you're at the bottom of the world if you find a stone which you cannot break or if you find a gap and end up staring through the floor at sky. The game IS infinite horizontally, just not vertically.