Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 54

Sharky Forums

Page 54 of 129 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

Quote Originally Posted by PointlesS View Post
    Gah, I tried to resist, but I bought it anyways. Making my way through some single player stuff to try and learn everything then I'll join up.
    Nice.

Also, use the wiki for help. I still refer to it every time I play because it pretty much contains everything from crafting to properties of weapons and armor to general game play. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Don't worry too much about learning the game b4 joining up. The server runs exactly like a SP map, with the only exception that all of us contribute which makes it much more exciting.

Welcome Aboard

Great White Shark
    Good News Everyone! Damage cannot be fully disabled on the creative server. Falling damage and fire damage still apply!

/Professor

Seriously though, apparently disable-health=false does not prevent damage, it simply regenerates health if you don't die from the fall/fire/etc. Alpha software FTW!

Crusader for the 64-bit Era.
    New Rule: 2GB per core, minimum.

Intel i7-9700K | Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB SSD
    64GB DDR4-2666 Samsung | EVGA RTX 2070 Black edition
    Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen View Post
    Don't worry too much about learning the game b4 joining up.
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I changed my mind. Figure out what a creeper is and why you want to avoid it, and THEN join up.

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linoleum View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but then I changed my mind. Figure out what a creeper is and why you want to avoid it, and THEN join up.
    yeah I punched one in the face a few times then I went up to it thinking I got him and then blew up and killed me
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Quote Originally Posted by PointlesS View Post
    yeah I punched one in the face a few times then I went up to it thinking I got him and then blew up and killed me
    And you are ready to join!

Great White Shark
    And now... (At the insistence of linoleum )

A map!

Warning!: 12MB png file!

*Edit: Hahahaha, you can see my "halfway house" that I had to build to get away from the creepers on my way to the site in the north.

*Edit2: I have horizontally flipped the image. So it should be correct now.
    Last edited by James; 12-14-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Fractal Arc Midi |Seasonic X650 PSU | Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra | Windows 10 Pro x64

You should post one of the creative world as well.

Aaaaaaw, the pic is from the wrong side of my Falls base. Looks like I need to get to work making that ***** 360 degrees.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Random aside, I know the northern expanse is my doing, who explored southeast?
    Last edited by James; 12-14-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Corrected direction due to flip of map above.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Random aside, I know the northern expanse is my doing, who explored southwest?
    Gotta find clay somehow.

I do know that the map needs to be horizontally flipped, otherwise you'll get all confused. I noticed it because I knew that I had a turn to the right off the road I built which shows up as a turn to the left on the (as is) map.

And to make it even more confusing I believe (based on my memory) as shown on the (as is) map, north is actually the lower right-hand side (but should be lower left-hand side).
    Last edited by linoleum; 12-14-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: which I guess means your real question was "who explored east?"

BTW the map is a mirror image, I took it to MS paint and flipped it to get a better idea of the world. James told me he will get a flat map to better show direction, but until then, don't get confused by the perspective/flip.

EDIT: oh, lin got it b4 I did. As an aside, North is actually top left on the map and top right in game. You can tell this by putting down some cobblestone and the triangle always points north.
    Last edited by commanderkeen; 12-14-2010 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen View Post
    You can tell this by putting down some cobblestone and the triangle always points north.
    And here I've just always been using the sun/moon for direction.

I know the sun and moon always move east to west, and I know clouds always move north to south or south to north, but I never remember which so I don't navigate by cloud.

I think I'll try wandering off to that area on the left of the map later today. Not too far from the Falls and it's been a while since I explored above ground.

::edit::
    Now it's to the right.
    Last edited by monroeski; 12-14-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Comp - i7 950, Radeon HD 5870, 6gb DDR3 1600
    Currently Playing - Gravity Rush 2, DOOM (2017), Nex Machina
    Currently Reading - Dracula by Bram Stoker

Great White Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by monroeski View Post
    Aaaaaaw, the pic is from the wrong side of my Falls base. Looks like I need to get to work making that ***** 360 degrees.
    I can also rotate the map before rendering. This was all done with quick default settings.

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    Some one with free time and decent photoshop skills should label the map James made with the names of people's buildings.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.