Minecraft, awesome one man game project - Page 6

Sharky Forums

Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft, awesome one man game project

"Watches You Sleep" Shark taggart6's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtRHR9Xm45M

The end is nothingness followed by death.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Hammerhead Shark
    "Adminium" is the block that cannot be mined. You can find a gap in the adminium, but you fall to your death.

Just recently picked up again on a server run by the clan I'm in. I forgot just how fun spelunking is in this game. Managed to find a dungeon within 30 minutes of messing around.

Windows 7 Professional x64
    Thermaltake Tsunami
    Asus Rampage III Formula
    Intel i7 960
    12Gigs G.Skill DDR3
    XFX HD6970

www.dcwclan.com
    dakrsonic plays life.

Wow...looks like the user group got too big too fast. Crashed the minecraft login and web hosting server.
    If we hit that bull's eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Hammerhead Shark innocentbastard's Avatar
    I need to start building ladders so I can dig straight down. I keep trying to make mine too pretty using 2x2 spots making a wide staircase down. I just blow through stone picks constantly this way since I only occasionally come across veins of iron.
    Currently Playing:
    PC: BFBC2, MOH, COD: Black Ops
    360: nothing

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbastard View Post
    I need to start building ladders so I can dig straight down. I keep trying to make mine too pretty using 2x2 spots making a wide staircase down. I just blow through stone picks constantly this way since I only occasionally come across veins of iron.
    Make your own forest farm under your house.

House? I have a mountain lol. My world spawned with a nice flat cliff that I took over and turned into a 2 story building. Only recently started building down to find better materials.

I need to take pics or a video so you can see my madness lol.
    Currently Playing:

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

I finally found my way back home! Hello little mountainside, I have missed you!!

Spent the night spelunking. Found a giant cavern that just kept going and going. I found a monster cage that was spewing out spiders and dispatched it; ran out of torches and had to fight skeletons, zombies and creepers in the dark and tried like hell to find my way out so I could bring my haul back home.

I love this game. The building and overworld exploration is peaceful and relaxing yet being out at night in the middle of nowhere and exploring deep caverns can be so tense that it makes me fear for my life. All the while there is a feeling of discovery as you encounter new areas and find vast new cave systems just waiting to be explored.

If this game is this good now, I cannot wait to see what it is like if it ever gets a full release.

I'm starting to get a little burned out. It gets tedious trying to find caverns, iron and diamonds and to dig for days with nothing to really show. Its weird. 2 games I have are awesome with lots of crazy caverens, and another 3 are kinda boring even on hard.

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Its fun, but there isn't anything to strive for. You can find diamonds on your second/third night and then you have the best tools. Exploring is fun, but its not like there is sweet gear or extremely rare stuff to find.
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

At least he seems to patch it every week to add something new.

Like the recent patch introduced sneaking. Notch's Blog

Great video someone made to promote the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I
    Currently Playing:

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

OK the website is down so I can't buy the game... I was however able to download it.

I have a few questions I need answered since I cant check the website for them.

1) How do you make things? I know how to mine and place blocks. But I have no idea how to make new items like torches.

2) Since I can't log in what are my restrictions... if they are really bad I'll wait till he gets his new server up and running before playing.
    War... War never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurm View Post
    OK the website is down so I can't buy the game... I was however able to download it.

I have a few questions I need answered since I cant check the website for them.

1) How do you make things? I know how to mine and place blocks. But I have no idea how to make new items like torches.

2) Since I can't log in what are my restrictions... if they are really bad I'll wait till he gets his new server up and running before playing.
    check out http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page which is a GREAT resource and has a ton info about amterials and what you can make.

To answer your questions:

1) http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

You need a crafting bench for most things and then eventually a Furnace to smelt and cook items. The first thing you should do is collect lots of wood and make some wood planks and wooden tools. Check out the link I gave and you'll be good.

2) Try a short single player game to get the jist of it.

1. If you google Minecraft crafting, there is a good wiki page showing the various combinations. Pull up your inventory with "i". Start off gathering wood and putting a stack of wood in your crafting box creates planks. Put a plank in each box to create a crafting station which you can then place anywhere. This allows more advanced crafting. The general idea behind crafting is you make things by making the general shape in the crafting box with various materials.

2. I don't think there is much. It says on the minecraft temp page what you won't have access to until the server is back up.

I am on my phone or I would link it and quote it.
    Currently Playing:

BFBC2=Brennok
    Steam=Brennok
    Xbox 360=Nobrumski
    Gamespy=Nobrumski

Thanks guys!
    War... War never changes.